2 players transfering

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 tp 12 players leaving.

I hope that the lack of transfers is indicative of the players finding the new staff to be a refreshing change - can't think of any other reason to explain it.

I would have to agree with you. I was a little worried that we would be losing at least 10 players due to the new coaching staff (i.e., those players who agreed to play for the original staff), but so far we only have had two leave?

Wow, I must say that's pretty shocking. Hopefully that's all the transfers there will be.

I was a little surprised we lost as many recruits as we did..I mean, it's probably natural to want to follow a coach you have a relationship with, but in the past, we also seemed to recruit guys that just wanted to play for NEBRASKA.

Not sure why someone like Gabbert wouldn't feel comfortable with Pelini/Watson, unless he believed Callihan gave him the best shot at the NFL, and maybe Pinkel could too.

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 to 12 players leaving.

I hope that the lack of transfers is indicative of the players finding the new staff to be a refreshing change - can't think of any other reason to explain it.

Does anyone have the number of transfers from UNL after Solich left?

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 to 12 players leaving.

I think the highest number (or at least most relevent) of those players to transfer were actually after Callahan's first year...Ross Pilkington/Joe Dailey/the fast kid from Lincoln, Andy something?

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 tp 12 players leaving.

I would have to agree with you. I was a little worried that we would be losing at least 10 players due to the new coaching staff (i.e., those players who agreed to play for the original staff), but so far we only have had two leave?

Wow, I must say that's pretty shocking. Hopefully that's all the transfers there will be.

I was a little surprised we lost as many recruits as we did..I mean, it's probably natural to want to follow a coach you have a relationship with, but in the past, we also seemed to recruit guys that just wanted to play for NEBRASKA.

Not sure why someone like Gabbert wouldn't feel comfortable with Pelini/Watson, unless he believed Callihan gave him the best shot at the NFL, and maybe Pinkel could too.

I'd say the guys that have been here saw through the old staff, especially BC. They are into a guy that tells it to them straight and can motivate. The recruits didn't know any better, they totally bought-in to BC being a superbowl coach and turning them into a pro-player. So they bolted.

I think the highest number (or at least most relevent) of those players to transfer were actually after Callahan's first year...Ross Pilkington/Joe Dailey/the fast kid from Lincoln, Andy something?

Birkle.

I don't know if I would count Pilkington.

Birkle.

I don't know if I would count Pilkington.

yeah, right after birkle left his cousin got the snot beat out of him...coincidence? i have no clue but to be a rumor monger...it's not, people didn't like his cousin leaving...especially after he sold out his first highschool to transfer

NU team captain Ross Pilkington

doc41bf6850e03e1263015993.jpg

Andy Birkel

MIPSJNQSROOQWVY.20040727173130.jpg

Andy Birkel created a huff on his way out at Nebraska. When the wide receiver met with Callahan following the 2004 season, the head coach offered no explanation for Birkel's significant drop in playing time from his freshman to sophomore seasons.

"He was really short with me, very rude, very unprofessional," Birkel told The Associated Press at the time.

I was unaware these guys left.. <_<