Player: Roderick Goodlow

Hometown: Dallas, TX (W H Adamson)

Position: plays a strong safety position but projected as a outside LB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.5 secs

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Lousiana Tech, Northwestern

Schools of interest: Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas, Northwestern, Okalahoma, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, Standford

Favorites: Texas Tech

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%, seems to be getting upset that T Tech hasn't offered, and seems to like NU

• 3 weeks later...

Scout link says in-state TX schools are giving him the brush-off. I do like he knows that if you want to be a stud on defense then you better come play for Bo and the Big Red. :bonez

From the article:

"I mainly want to see what kind of defense they have and how I'd be able to fit in," he said. "I want to play for a school that is known for defense and known for producing good linebackers."

One such school that fits that criteria is Nebraska. "They are very high on defense and I really like coach Bo Pelini," he said. "He coached at LSU and he knows what he's doing. He knows what it takes to win and what it takes to get to the next level.

"The tradition at Nebraska is just so amazing," he said. "They are a five national championships program and I love the Blackshirt tradition they have. That's a place I could really see myself succeeding. If you're a defensive player it doesn't get any better."

Goodlow has never visited Lincoln, but says the Huskers are one team he'll likely visit in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update from WholeHogSports (yes, really) via Recruiting Planet, he has narrowed his top 5 to Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska, Colorado and Arkansas:

Arkansas has oral commitments from five Texas high school athletes, and it is hoping to add to that number.

Linebacker Roderick Goodlow of Dallas W. H. Adamson High School is being targeted by Arkansas. Goodlow, 6-3, 210 pounds, 4. 58 seconds in the 40-yard dash, said he has 11 scholarship offers including from Arkansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas and Arizona.

Goodlow's top five schools are Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska, Colorado and Arkansas, and he said he intends to visit each school during the season.

"I plan to make a decision a week after my last visit." Goodlow said.

The amount of TV exposure Arkansas receives in the SEC has helped the Hogs.

"I know a lot about them," Goodlow said. "I've watched them on TV a lot and I like how they run their program."

Goodlow had 109 tackles and four interceptions last season for the Class 5 A Cougars, who will drop down to 4 A this fall.

"I'm more like a downhill-type linebacker," said Goodlow, who reports a 4. 19 pro-shuttle time and 38-inch vertical leap. "I really like to go after the ball carrier, plus I can drop back into pass coverage, 1-on-1, well."

Arkansas quarterbacks coach Garrick McGee has been recruiting Goodlow.

"He's upfront and he told us what they had to offer and what they plan to do," said Goodlow, who reports a 275-pound bench press and 405 squat. "He gave me a good visualization of the program." Goodlow, who said he has a 3. 2 grade-point average and plans to major in business, was very impressed by what McGee told him about the highly regarded Sam M. Walton College of Business at Arkansas. "He's no longer a sleeper, a lot of people know about him," said recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who travels six months a year looking for talent throughout the country. "He got a lot of attention during the May recruiting period. He can run. That's the key to his game, his ability to run so well."

If you clink on the 'listen live' link here http://www.karnnewsradio.com/

you can listen to a live interview with Goodlow tonight at 6:10 PM central time. Knile Davis will follow Goodlow at 6:20 PM

I apologize in advance if ANYONE other than Richard Davenport interviews either prospect. Wally Hall and Shawn Arnell are complete idiots. Last week they had Darius Winston on the show and Wally Hall thought he was a WR lol.

"I think they'll be turning things around," Goodlow said. "It sounds like they are making a lot of changes and are really focused on bringing Nebraska back. They really want to get the best players and I think if the players can put it all together they'll be competing for the national championship in a few years.

I like the way the young man thinks. Be a Husker Roderick and win a National Title.

• 4 weeks later...

From Scout (free):

Besides Northwestern and Iowa State, Goodlow's top six includes Colorado, No. 8 Wisconsin, Nebraska and Arkansas. They have all offered as well as Tulsa, Louisiana Tech, Arizona and Kansas. "Kansas is another school I'm starting to look at harder."

Another school that he's definitely eager to check out is Nebraska. "I think they are doing real good," he said. "They are also heading in the right direction and they are another program that I'm probably starting to like more and more."

Goodlow says that his relationship with coach Tim Beck has definitely helped the Huskers chances. "I have a great relationship with him," he said. "We're on a first name basis and I like how we can just be casual. He's fun to talk to."

Another thing the Huskers have going for them is their defense. "I love how defensive-minded the coaches are," he admitted. "The vibe there is all about defense and that's all they talk about." More