Weight: 185 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Arizona, Utah

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Plays mostly at CB in HS but is a good candidate to play S. Also excels at track.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%. He likes NU and I would expect he will visit.

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Down to NU, KU and Texas Tech

Sounds good. From Husker Journal:

Yahshua has Nebraska, Texas Tech and Kansas as his final three schools. Others that offered were Utah, Wake Forest, Arizona and Southern Mississippi

“I’ve visiting Nebraska after my third game when we have a bye,” Williams said. “Nebraska will be my third and final visit. I will probably wait (commit) even if I like it the most. I want to think about it. My parents are going with me on the trip.”

“Coach Beck is recruiting me he’s a real cool guy. I talk to him once or twice a week. Nebraska coaches said I could come in and play as a freshman. Them and Kansas are recruiting me as a safety.” he said”

“I’m real good friends with Josh William he’s been at Nebraska for about a month now. Josh really likes it there. He said the coaches are really cool,” Williams said. “Josh told me that Nebraska will give me the opportunity to do well and get to the NFL. Josh said Nebraska has the talent to win now.”

“Josh said he has the opportunity to make a name for himself at Nebraska.” he said

“I talked to Bo (Pelini) once he’s a real cool guy. He’s the man with the plan. Bo will get Nebraska where they should be.” Washington said. More

• 1 month later...

Committed to Texas Tech today.

From ESPN:

Yahshua Williams headed to Red Raiders

Texas Tech has collected a Class of 2009 pledge from 6-foot-3 defensive back Yahshua Williams.

Williams picked the Red Raiders over Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, Wake Forest, Utah and Southern Mississippi.

Williams said of the decision, "The guys there were real humble as well as the coaching staff being real outgoing, real cool. It's just a great atmosphere to be in. I really stand by my commitment," the Avalanche-Journal reports.

Additionally, proximity to home played a role, "Home is real dear to me. I'd like for (parents) to be able to come support me and such. When I got the offer from Tech, I was real excited. It fit in great.''

Williams, originally born in Raleigh, N.C., registered eight pass break ups and one interception last fall. He's already got 15 tackles and two interceptions, one returned for touchdown, this season.