NBC's *IMPACT GAMES of 2008!*

hack

... besides every notre dame game the they pimp...

Virginia Tech at Nebraska

Last September, when Bo Pellini was the curator of national champion LSU's defense, the Tigers destroyed Virginia Tech 48-7. This September Pellini, now the head coach of a Cornhusker team that finished 114th in scoring defense in 2007, will have his work cut out for him.

beamer_frank.vlarge.jpg

The Huskers are at least a couple of seasons away from being a BCS threat, but with no real challenges in-conference (Is the ACC the worst of the BCS conferences?), they and their Red Sea throng pose the greatest threat to Frank Beamer's BCS hopes.

"Is the ACC the worst of the BCS conferences?"

does anyone pay attention to the big 10 (plus 1)?

... besides every notre dame game the they pimp...

Virginia Tech at Nebraska

Last September, when Bo Pellini was the curator of national champion LSU's defense, the Tigers destroyed Virginia Tech 48-7. This September Pellini, now the head coach of a Cornhusker team that finished 114th in scoring defense in 2007, will have his work cut out for him.

beamer_frank.vlarge.jpg

The Huskers are at least a couple of seasons away from being a BCS threat, but with no real challenges in-conference (Is the ACC the worst of the BCS conferences?), they and their Red Sea throng pose the greatest threat to Frank Beamer's BCS hopes.

"Is the ACC the worst of the BCS conferences?"

does anyone pay attention to the big 10 (plus 1)?

I think his point is that the ACC is like 1-7 in BCS games?

Our conference is terrible. We are the only quality team in our conference.

Boston College- Below average without Matt Ryan

Maryland- Below Average

Duke- Awful

North Carolina-Awful

Georgia Tech- Average

Florida State- Rebuilding

Miami- Rebuilding

NC State- Below Average

Virginia- Average

Wake Forest- Average

Clemson- Overated like always

Virginia Tech- Down from previous years, but probably the conference champs

The Big 10 (11) has Ohio State who might go to their 3rd straight BCS championship game, Illinois who is improving, Underated Wisconson, and in a few years with Rodriguez, Michigan.

Our conference is terrible. We are the only quality team in our conference.

Boston College- Below average without Matt Ryan

Maryland- Below Average

Duke- Awful

North Carolina-Awful

Georgia Tech- Average

Florida State- Rebuilding

Miami- Rebuilding

NC State- Below Average

Virginia- Average

Wake Forest- Average

Clemson- Overated like always

Virginia Tech- Down from previous years, but probably the conference champs

The Big 10 (11) has Ohio State who might go to their 3rd straight BCS championship game, Illinois who is improving, Underated Wisconson, and in a few years with Rodriguez, Michigan.

V-Tech should win the ACC outright. I'm interested to see how far Miami can go with those young recruits this year.

Super powers Miami & FSU have not done better than .500 in their own conference the past two years.

Va Tech is strong year in and year out. And that's it. (BosColl was good b/c of their 1st round QB)

I'd like to go on record here.. The ACC sucks. Although it's prolly a universal broken record.

BYU @ Washington

that's funny...

Their is no way that BYU will go to a BCS bowl this year. Their schedule is a lot harder than Boise State in 2006, and Hawaii in 2007.

2008 BYU Schedule

Northern Iowa

at Washington

UCLA

Wyoming

at Utah State

New Mexico

at TCU

UNLV

at Colorado State

San Diego State

at Air Force

at Utah

]

Their is no way that BYU will go to a BCS bowl this year. Their schedule is a lot harder than Boise State in 2006, and Hawaii in 2007.

2008 BYU Schedule

Northern Iowa

at Washington

UCLA

Wyoming

at Utah State

New Mexico

at TCU

UNLV

at Colorado State

San Diego State

at Air Force

at Utah

That and in the back of the mind is the fact that Hawi'i got slaughtered by Georgia

Being as I live in Big 10 country, I tend to edge towards them as the weaker conference, even if the numbers don't really coincide. You've got 9-10 teams (depending on the year) that slaughter each other routinely, and then you've got Ohio State who humiliates themselves in the national championship two years running against faster, more talented SEC teams.

I'm actually hoping the Buckeyes make it to the NC again this year and get slaughtered again. Maybe then we could have some serious movement on a plus 1 system or something like it.