So...should we have fired Solich?

i think all the OSU hate is somewhat unwarranted. yes the big10 deserves it for all their years of elitism and having a strangle hold on the sportswriters hearts (uh Eddie George Heisman anyone?), but I'm not convinced they shouldn't have been in the last two championship games. For whatever reason this reminds me of the old Bills in the 90s. No one thinks of those teams as having "sucked" they just were unlucky and choked in the big games. Not having a playoff may be hurting big 10 teams in bowl games bc it might be better for the team to have that high competition game when normally its dead time, idk.

Why doesn't anyone one point out that all of us Northern schools get screwed by the bowl locations? While AZ was pretty neutral, last years champ game defintiely wasn't lol. And while AZ would be hard to complain about, the northern teams get to go to hot, humid southern climates they aren't attuned to physically all the time while nobody has(gets imo!) to come play in the snow for postseason. If you ask me there needs to be bowl games in northern areas, green bay, KC, Denver all would be good spots, and one of them should be a BCS game too.

I'm not quite sure why everyone is hating on Ohio State. They didn't make up the BCS. They don't write the software for the BCS. The BCS puts the teams in the championship game. If Ohio State would have won all those games, they're run would be right up there with ours. Same goes with OU. It can and it will happen again that a team has a stretch like we did in the 90's. Miami would have done it if they wouldn't have lost to Ohio State. USC has been pretty darn close doing it as well. Who knows, Urban Meyer and the Gators may very well be the next to do it.

why do people hate ohio state? because they are over hyped and they refuse to put in a championship game. or you know move to a play off(i believe it was gee gorden who said there would be a play off only after they take the bcs from his cold dead hands)

Over hyped? Probably, but it's not their fault. It's not their fault they play in a "fluffy" conference. It's not their fault their conference doesn't have a championship game. I find it amazing how short some peoples memories are. When we were in the Big 8, the rest of the country felt the same away about us. When we went to the bowl games, we got slaughtered. Ohio State can't make the rest of their conference better. They're not going to not go to the NC game when the BCS puts them there.

Do we need a playoff system? Yes! But until then, we will probably continue to see teams in the NC game that don't belong there. So what if Ohio State's conference had a championship game. I guess everyone's forgetting that we didn't even make it to ours in 2001, yet we still played in the NC game.

Checking back through the records, there have been 5 instances of teams winning back to back NC. In 55 & 56, OU won titles. In 64 & 65, Alabama won titles. In 70 & 71, NU won titles. In 94 & 95, NU won titles. In 03 & 04, USC won titles. You can't just say outright because there was no BCS back in those years. Hell even with the BCS, we still seem to have split titles once in a while.

Consensus=All polls! Only 94-95 NU has done that since the 1950s!

i think all the OSU hate is somewhat unwarranted. yes the big10 deserves it for all their years of elitism and having a strangle hold on the sportswriters hearts (uh Eddie George Heisman anyone?), but I'm not convinced they shouldn't have been in the last two championship games. For whatever reason this reminds me of the old Bills in the 90s. No one thinks of those teams as having "sucked" they just were unlucky and choked in the big games. Not having a playoff may be hurting big 10 teams in bowl games bc it might be better for the team to have that high competition game when normally its dead time, idk.

Why doesn't anyone one point out that all of us Northern schools get screwed by the bowl locations? While AZ was pretty neutral, last years champ game defintiely wasn't lol. And while AZ would be hard to complain about, the northern teams get to go to hot, humid southern climates they aren't attuned to physically all the time while nobody has(gets imo!) to come play in the snow for postseason. If you ask me there needs to be bowl games in northern areas, green bay, KC, Denver all would be good spots, and one of them should be a BCS game too.

Well I don't know if we're really screwed over by bowl locations because nobody wants to take their annual vacation and go to a bowl game where it's 5 below with a -15 windchill. I'd be willing to bet 80% or more of the players would say keep the bowls in the warmer areas in Dec. and Jan. Yeah, it sucks when a southern team gets to play in their own backyard especially for a NC. However, the BCS has a rotating bowl set up and it's just the luck of the draw. I don't think the 95' Huskers had any problem going into a warm environment playing a team from a warmer climate.

You have to think about this for a second. For most of these bowl games, people treat them like mini vacations. Would you rather go someplace where it is in the 70s or 80s, sunny, and pleasant weather, or would you rather go to a place that is in the 20s or 30s, cold, windy, and possibly snowing?

Hmmm, it's a tough one, but I think I know which one I would pick.

You have to think about this for a second. For most of these bowl games, people treat them like mini vacations. Would you rather go someplace where it is in the 70s or 80s, sunny, and pleasant weather, or would you rather go to a place that is in the 20s or 30s, cold, windy, and possibly snowing?

Hmmm, it's a tough one, but I think I know which one I would pick.

Some people like to ski.

I'm not quite sure why everyone is hating on Ohio State. They didn't make up the BCS. They don't write the software for the BCS. The BCS puts the teams in the championship game. If Ohio State would have won all those games, they're run would be right up there with ours. Same goes with OU. It can and it will happen again that a team has a stretch like we did in the 90's. Miami would have done it if they wouldn't have lost to Ohio State. USC has been pretty darn close doing it as well. Who knows, Urban Meyer and the Gators may very well be the next to do it.

why do people hate ohio state? because they are over hyped and they refuse to put in a championship game. or you know move to a play off(i believe it was gee gorden who said there would be a play off only after they take the bcs from his cold dead hands)

Over hyped? Probably, but it's not their fault. It's not their fault they play in a "fluffy" conference. It's not their fault their conference doesn't have a championship game. I find it amazing how short some peoples memories are. When we were in the Big 8, the rest of the country felt the same away about us. When we went to the bowl games, we got slaughtered. Ohio State can't make the rest of their conference better. They're not going to not go to the NC game when the BCS puts them there.

Do we need a playoff system? Yes! But until then, we will probably continue to see teams in the NC game that don't belong there. So what if Ohio State's conference had a championship game. I guess everyone's forgetting that we didn't even make it to ours in 2001, yet we still played in the NC game.

Checking back through the records, there have been 5 instances of teams winning back to back NC. In 55 & 56, OU won titles. In 64 & 65, Alabama won titles. In 70 & 71, NU won titles. In 94 & 95, NU won titles. In 03 & 04, USC won titles. You can't just say outright because there was no BCS back in those years. Hell even with the BCS, we still seem to have split titles once in a while.

In 94', we may have won in all polls but there are some/a lot of people who wanted to put Penn State in there as co #1. I don't believe they give you just half a trophy if you're not NC in all polls. In 55' & 56', OU did win in all polls. Until we have a playoff system, there will always be controversy. However, until we have a playoff system I personally think there have been and we will continue to have teams that have runs similar to ours in the 90's.

In 94', we may have won in all polls but there are some/a lot of people who wanted to put Penn State in there as co #1. I don't believe they give you just half a trophy if you're not NC in all polls. In 55' & 56', OU did win in all polls. Until we have a playoff system, there will always be controversy. However, until we have a playoff system I personally think there have been and we will continue to have teams that have runs similar to ours in the 90's.

Penn State had no defense! They were like 83 Nebraska, all O and ZERO D!

NO, not when you did. That is why you got BC... Everyone looked at it as a no win situation. I am pretty sure he was not the number 1 choice, and I am pretty sure why the top choices were shying away... Unrealistic Expectations... So BC came in and played the Dramatic Rebuild card and at least got some time, but unfrtunately it was not time well spent. Solich was not a great coach, but it sent a message about how the next coach would be treated...

Oh boy, so we might get to see Ohio State lose in the championship game for the third year in a row. WOOOOOOOO! Actually, I hope this happens. And I hope whoever faces Ohio State wins by at least 3 TDs. I also hope that USC - even though I hate them - just dominates lil ole Ohio State. That way, a more deserving team can be put in the final game of the season.

And just for the record, LSU & Ohio State should NOT have been in the 2007 Championship game.

I do want a playoff system, but not the one that is used in the NFL or other divisions of college sports. I think those are lame and make the regular season meaningless. You can lose game after game, but as long as you are at least a .500 team, you can make it to the playoffs. That's crap. I don't want a bunch of average teams playing against each other. I would rather have a handful of teams that have been consistent and proven themselves throughout the season. Here is my playoff idea: Playoff Proposal

If and I believe a very big if there is ever a playoff, I think they will keep the BCS in place in order to rank the teams. At the end of the season, they will have like an 8 team playoff or something like that taking the top ranked 8 teams or so. This will put a lot of emphasis on the regular season as a team would have to be ranked in the top 8 or so just to make it into the playoffs.

I can see it now..

tOSU and Michigan meet at the end of the season..Both undefeated and both ranked in the top 3...

But they're gearing up for the playoffs so they sit their starters and a few of the backups..the crowd goes wild! <_<

I can see it now..

tOSU and Michigan meet at the end of the season..Both undefeated and both ranked in the top 3...

But they're gearing up for the playoffs so they sit their starters and a few of the backups..the crowd goes wild! <_<

I can see it now...

Ohio State, X team, and Y team all undefeated at the end of the season. Ohio State and X team goes to the BCS Championship; Y team gets the shaft. Y team's fans are pumped and love the BCS!

I had no problems with it then, and I have no problems with it now.

A change was needed. I dont believe for a second that it was b/c NU was 9-3. It was because they were 7-7 the previous season. We were getting pumeled a lot. The closest thing to a foward pass was a screen. It seemed to be 2nd and long, 3rd and long, followed by QB draws even when down by 2 or 3 scores. It was irritating to watch. A change of direction was desperately needed.

The Solich era was going down hill fast. And the Callahan era sucked. It's all part of our history now. It's okay to acknowledge it, but then it's best to move on.