So...should we have fired Solich?

Its all in how you look at it i guess. Solich was fired so we cant change that, nor the last few seasons. Getting fired after a 9-3 season was bad. I mean look how long ISU keeps there coaches for only doing 4-8 seasons. Solich might of needed to do some adjusting to the changeing times, but he had all his principals right there. A system set up buy T.O. with proven results. Nebraska fans should of stood buy him as we see we reeped what we sewed. Now were back at the beginning, starting over. New coach new staff its a very exciteing time and most cant wait for it to begin. I cant say if we will get back to the hay days of the 90s but anything will be an improvement over last year.

Ben

what were some of the rumors?

He took a ruffie and tried to date rape himself on the side of a road?

Or something like that.

<_<

I don't know nuthin about that but I do know my old man ran him out of our yard back in 1980....he couldn't stand the man so he obviously had a moral flaw of some type.... <_<

Thus ending your chances of being a Husker? :dunno

what were some of the rumors?

He took a ruffie and tried to date rape himself on the side of a road?

Or something like that.

<_<

I don't know nuthin about that but I do know my old man ran him out of our yard back in 1980....he couldn't stand the man so he obviously had a moral flaw of some type.... <_<

Thus ending your chances of being a Husker? :dunno

A "Walk On" Husker....As in..."My kid ain't playin fer yer damn skool ifn you don't pay for some of it you sumbitch!"

105 Wednesday, 109 yesterday and supposed to be hotter today. Sunny SoCal, what can you say.

Rub it in why don't ya!!!! I need to go be a cop in San Diego......................... <_<

Skers..I thought you lived out here in the PHX area.

I've been in the habit of putting a frozen burrito in my cup holder in my slowcooker er..I mean.. car for an attempt at solar cooking and to make the drive time commute home after work a little safer (hunger pangs make me a little dizzy sometimes).

I tore into it at ~2:35 and it not only burned a blister on the roof of my mouth, but my fingers still smart a little...I got home and when I got inside the house, I 1st thought I'd accidently left the AC on because it seemed so cool.

I looked at the thermometer and it read 118F outside and 95F inside..I finally turned on the AC an hour later.

Back on topic:

I was dissapointed Frankie was fired..It might have taken us another dozen years to win another MNC, but it did give us all a black eye the way it was done and the timing of it following a 9win season.

We should probably look at some of the positives from it though.

After persevering through the Ped/Cal era, we'll appreciate winning seasons a little more and just maybe enjoy a little more love from other fans..Everybody loves a winner..Until they keep winning.

Today is the first day of summer

Today will be the eighth straight day with a high of at least 110. Sunday is forecast to be No. 9.

7 straight days of 110°+ - and now, summer starts

2 commentsby John Faherty - Jun. 21, 2008 12:00 AM

The Arizona Republic

It's OK to be afraid.

Today is just the first day of summer, and the National Weather Service is urging people to stay inside by issuing an excessive-heat warning for the Valley.

The state chimed in with an air-quality alert.

Both are related to the Weather Service's forecast high temperature of 114 degrees today.

Last year set a record when the high temperature hit or exceeded 110 on 32 days.

On average, that happens 10 times per year.

Today will be the eighth straight day with a high of at least 110. Sunday is forecast to be No. 9.

Monday is our first chance of real relief with a forecast high of just 109 degrees.

The extreme heat is the result of a strong high-pressure system combining with very dry air.

If you are looking for a silver lining, albeit in a cloudless sky, consider this: The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality is asking people to not use gasoline-powered engines. So, you can watch the lawn grow out of control and tell people you are just thinking about the environment.

High highs

High temps in a hot week:

JUNE 14: 110

JUNE 15: 112

JUNE 16: 112

JUNE 17: 113

JUNE 18: 112

JUNE 19: 112

JUNE 20: 114

TODAY: 114*

SUNDAY: 112*

MONDAY: 109*

*Forecast

Source: National Weather Service

Today is the first day of summer

7 straight days of 110°+ - and now, summer starts

2 commentsby John Faherty - Jun. 21, 2008 12:00 AM

The Arizona Republic

It's OK to be afraid.

Today is just the first day of summer, and the National Weather Service is urging people to stay inside by issuing an excessive-heat warning for the Valley.

The state chimed in with an air-quality alert.

Both are related to the Weather Service's forecast high temperature of 114 degrees today.

Last year set a record when the high temperature hit or exceeded 110 on 32 days.

On average, that happens 10 times per year.

Monday is our first chance of real relief with a forecast high of just 109 degrees.

The extreme heat is the result of a strong high-pressure system combining with very dry air.

If you are looking for a silver lining, albeit in a cloudless sky, consider this: The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality is asking people to not use gasoline-powered engines. So, you can watch the lawn grow out of control and tell people you are just thinking about the environment.

High highs

High temps in a hot week:

JUNE 14: 110

JUNE 15: 112

JUNE 16: 112

JUNE 17: 113

JUNE 18: 112

JUNE 19: 112

JUNE 20: 114

TODAY: 114*

SUNDAY: 112*

MONDAY: 109*

*Forecast

Source: National Weather Service

That is Hot, damn hot

dedhoarse

......but the answer is yes.

You guys could dominate again, not sure I buy off on that. You did have a nice little run in the mid-90s with the whole 3 titles in 4 years, but USC, Ohio State, FLorida, Texas has been able to put together big time contenders for 4 years in a row. Granted it is harder to actually be the champs 3 out of 4, The rest of the 90s you were 9-3 a lot. I think a team could be put together in college football to make a run at what you did in the 90s, not that it would be easy, but Big Red could dominate again.