Any bad experiences at away games?

Oh, they haven't sold beer at Folsom for years... probably over a decade by now (they don't even serve alcohol at Mile High Stadium when the Buffs play the Rams there early in the year). Kids really can't get away with anything in the student section at CU anymore - a couple of years ago some buddies of mine that were sitting with the students got caught drinking out of a flask that they'd tucked inside a glove (that trick used to work like a charm when I was in school ;) ). The impressive thing though is that they weren't spotted by the crowd control/security guys nearby, they were caught by security up above the luxury boxes who had apparently either been watching them with through binoculars or with surveillance cameras.

If you want to sneak alcohol into the stadium you need to use the old "colostomy bag" trick....that one never fails!

Stadium Security During Pat Down "Say...what's that bag taped to your hip"

Me: "It's a colostomy bag...I just had surgery a couple of weeks ago"

Stadium Security..."Oh yeah? How do I know that's not a pouch filled with alcohol?"

Me: "Well...feel free to take a sip if you want...but if you're wrong it's gonna leave a pretty bad taste in your mouth."

If you run into an overzealous type who actually DOES threaten to sample the contents of the bag you just shout something like: "Check it out! This guy seriously wants a drink out of my colostomy bag! Somebody take a picture!" to the crowd waiting in line...that normally does the trick.

Oh man, at the KU game in '05 when they walloped us 40-15 for the first time in 40 years or something, we almost got into 6 fights with drunken KU fans walking back to our friend's house. It seemed as if every block we were on there was some drunken group of frat boys yelling profanities at us, it was ridiculous. However, I took it in stride, it's been forever since KU fans could talk trash, so I kind of understood.

Oh man, at the KU game in '05 when they walloped us 40-15 for the first time in 40 years or something, we almost got into 6 fights with drunken KU fans walking back to our friend's house. It seemed as if every block we were on there was some drunken group of frat boys yelling profanities at us, it was ridiculous. However, I took it in stride, it's been forever since KU fans could talk trash, so I kind of understood.

Describes my son - drunken KU frat boy. Cept he's Big Red through and through

That is a fair point. I was at those games, and the kids live in houses by the stadium. They only acted like that because they are not used to winning against Nebraska, it is definitely not normal for even them, but that was embarrasing. I only remember some frat boys acting like that, it was not very indicative of the fans, but it was no good at all. I would bet you all could come to the north side of the stadium and tailgate and people would be great. Sorry about the frat boys, hopefully they have won enough times to stop acting like jackasses. No excuse for that.

Colorado by far. I was at the game Ross's senior year where the student section wouldn't stop throwing stuff on the feild and they had to keep taking breaks to clean it up

There was one time in Lawrence with KU in 05 when they beat us, the KU fans were real jerks, but other than that they were great.

We had some folks who could not handle their pent up frustration...

You still do.

I was at the KU game last year and we couldn't go one block without some drunk dipsh*t yelling profanities at us. As the game got really out of hand in the second half, it got progressively worse. Lots of idiots felt the need to rub it in as we walked away from the stadium.

sh#t talking is one thing, but this was just ridiculous.

i was at that game, and we only had a couple people say anything........ i expected worse anyways

Describes my son - drunken KU frat boy. Cept he's Big Red through and through

Those pictures you posted are funny.....

I thought we were aiming way past you guys for Manitoba. See the statue those Canucks have on their dome? Unacceptable.

824805d0-3e70-453e-a639-7fbcaccbbb0f.jpg .................... astracloseup.jpg

To those husker's complaining about Jayhawks being dicks after they won in '05 and '07. Let me go this far, I haven't missed a Kansas vs. Nebraska game since '96. I remember being a younger kid either hanging out with my parents as they were tailgating in Lawrence having grown adults come up to me and say "How the f#*k could you be a Kansas fan, they f'ing suck, hope you enjoy getting spanked by the Huskers today" or even telling there kids to come over to me and saying similar stuff, afterwards giving their son a high five. I remember walking into Memorial one year having one person toss the remainder of his "red plastic cup" on us (so much for a dry campus, eh?), also having one person and his son budge in front of line at the concession stating "Don't worry, their just Kansas fans", and getting taunted continuously the whole game. Don't try to act all holier than thou on me here huskers, don't bitch about us enjoying spanking you when you did the same for 30+ years.

To those husker's complaining about Jayhawks being dicks after they won in '05 and '07. Let me go this far, I haven't missed a Kansas vs. Nebraska game since '96. I remember being a younger kid either hanging out with my parents as they were tailgating in Lawrence having grown adults come up to me and say "How the f#*k could you be a Kansas fan, they f'ing suck, hope you enjoy getting spanked by the Huskers today" or even telling there kids to come over to me and saying similar stuff, afterwards giving their son a high five. I remember walking into Memorial one year having one person toss the remainder of his "red plastic cup" on us (so much for a dry campus, eh?), also having one person and his son budge in front of line at the concession stating "Don't worry, their just Kansas fans", and getting taunted continuously the whole game. Don't try to act all holier than thou on me here huskers, don't bitch about us enjoying spanking you when you did the same for 30+ years.

Yeah, 29 more years and you'll good to go!

Bottom line everyone.................................every fanbase in the world has a$$holes that ruin it for the whole fanbase. We are not the perfect fans and nobody has a perfect fanbase. This doesn't change my love for NU and the fact that I want them to beat everyone they play. We have our rivalries and of course we want to stomp every team in the Big XII because that should come naturally to all Big XII fans. I've never said anything to other teams fans other than congratualtions for beating us or just saying good game. We were so good for so long and punished so many teams that we should expect people to talk a little smack a little bit. I agree though that some people take this game too far with all the cursing and crap.

Well, I'll delurk for this one.....

I moved down from Nebraska to Kansas City back in March of '96. A fellow Husker went with me to the 'lights out' night game over in Lawrence, can't remember if that was '96 or '98. Anyways, it was 32 degrees, raining, and Memorial Stadium concessions ran out of coffee and hot chocolate before halftime. We were teased a bit in the first half, just a little by a couple of guys, but nothing in the second half as 90% of the KU faithful had left.

Skip forward a few years.....

I had tickets to both the '07 KU and '07 MU games. When I told my father, he said be careful in Columbia. I asked him why, and he said when the KC Alumni took a bus trip over for a game (my parents lived in KC for one year) the Missouri fans were really nasty. I asked him what year was that. He said 1967 or 1968. I told him I thought things have probably changed in the past 40 years. Well..........

A friend of mine from Marsland, NE (well, that's his official address, in reality, he's a few miles east of Agate Fossil Beds National Monument) drove all the way to Kansas City, then I drove us to Columbia. We got there and noticed all the students wearing bright yellow (not gold) t-shirts with '(sexual reproduction) CORN' in large letters on the front. I thought to myself, wow, real creative and with the class and debonair style usually only seen in people who don't wear shoes. Well, we tracked down our tailgate party (half Mizzou, half CORN). After some playful banter, speculation, food, beer, etc., we went into the stadium without much taunting, well, I should say, that I could understand. I think the MU students had been drinking all day and most of our taunters were totally incoherent. Once in the stadium I had one of the MU students get right in my face and yell at me that my beloved Cornhuskers were not a very good team in rather vulgar terms.

We were constantly barraged with running commentary on how badly our team played by the three young men behind us. They kept it up the whole game. Afterwards, we returned to our car amids shouts of derision aimed at anyone wearing a scrap of red, to find it not in exactly the way we left it. The results were that it took a few trips through the car wash to get the gunk off (still haven't figured out what it was), an afternoon to get the trim back on, and I still haven't gotten all the marks buffed out of the clearcoat.

For the Kansas game, my sister came down from Lincoln and we took my 4 year old boy and 7 year old daughter to the Lawrence. We were treated exceedingly nice by KU fans. We did our own little min-tailgate before the game and chatted with some BLUEs next to us. I was wearing my replica letterman's jacket and received a couple of compliments on it while walking to the stadium. We had about as good a time as one could have at this game, given the outcome. The KU fans cheered for their team and didn't give us any grief. On our long march back to the car, a lot of KU fans felt sorry for us and were offering us beers, sodas, food, etc.

Now, I have to put in this disclaimer, at the Kansas game, we were in the family section. So, I kind of call shenanigans on myself in comparing the experiences during the game. But the before and afterwards tell me who the better fans are. In fact, I was thinking about some of the stories opposing fans have related when coming to Lincoln. Sounds to me like KU has the edge.

My sincerest wish is not for retribution when the Jayhawks and the Tigers come to Lincoln in '08, but I hope they are overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of EVERY NEBRASKAN THEY MEET! I doubt very much this will happen as those values seem to be in short supply in the under 30 crowd, but I can always pine for the old days of applauding our competitors after the game while our band plays their fight song.

This thread's been up for a few days now, and while my precious Colorado Buffaloes have gotten a couple of half hearted mentions, we haven't gotten the usual "my girlfriend got thrown down a flight of stairs and then Bill McCartney personally peed on her while slashing the tires on my car" treatment...

What, are we losing our touch?? :lol:

Hopefully.... ;);)

I heard the sale of Alchohol was stopped at games at CU finally, is that so? I had heard awful things, but I went out last year (Tickets bought that summer, b4 bandwagon accusations fly), people were ok, not nice, but not awful at least.

They stopped selling beer at Folsom in 1996. The luxury boxes sell beer though.

I heard the sale of Alchohol was stopped at games at CU finally, is that so? I had heard awful things, but I went out last year (Tickets bought that summer, b4 bandwagon accusations fly), people were ok, not nice, but not awful at least.

They stopped selling beer at Folsom in 1996. The luxury boxes sell beer though.

They don't sell it, they just stock it. Can't leave the luxury boxes with beer though, so there's no way to get it to fans in the general admission areas.