Will We Be Ranked at the End of the Year?

Will We Be Ranked at Any Point This Year?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

right now NU is undefeated just like every other team

so NU is tied for 1st as we speak

And the defense is pitching a shutout thus far. :clap

Yeah...0 yards rushing allowed, and 0 yards passing allowed! Bo really turned this team around!

yah, but 0 yards passing, rushing and points also. please visit my site http://FIREWATSON.COM to sign my petition!!!!

I do not think there is a chance.

We have 4 pretty certain losses on the schedule.

VaTech, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas Tech with Colorado at their house.

8-4 will not get you ranked is my guess, and if we win a bowl game, it will be against no one of importance.

Hope I am wrong, but have many worries about this coming year.

Bo lost every time he faced a top level team the last time he was here. He had a lot more talent on the defensive side then than he does now. Every team we face should be better and stronger, except for maybe VaTech. Still a ways off for even thinking about ranking.

Sorry.

8-4 will not get you ranked is my guess, and if we win a bowl game, it will be against no one of importance.

Bo lost every time he faced a top level team the last time he was here. He had a lot more talent on the defensive side then than he does now. Every team we face should be better and stronger, except for maybe VaTech. Still a ways off for even thinking about ranking.

Sorry.

come on what are you depressed ? Bo wasn't the head coach then either... all six of those games are winnable ... don't get me wrong .. I'm a realist and I'm not saying they're gonna go undefeated and beat an SEC power in the NC game .... but the whole team's passion and attitude took a 180 when Bo Pelini got the job .. he's a true leader and won't go down without a fight in any game ... what do you think Bo would think about this topic ? he'd probably just rock back in his chair with a smirk on his face.. he's gonna give some OC's nightmares this year

While my heart says, "Yes", my mind says, "No". I think that - absent some real upsets - NU simply has fallen too far off the national map for most to vote for them.

Having said that, I think that this year could be the kind of year that at least gets folks thinking that the Huskers are on the right track. If that happens, then next year, my answer is "Yes".

I'm not slighting Bo or the staff. But what was wrong with the team is, potentially, something that will take more than one season to correct, and that's attitude. I don't just mean game day - I'm talking about the willingness of the team to do what it takes in the off-season to be prepared physically for the season. In other words, strength and conditioning. From reports, it seems that players were allowed to either slack or that the program was simply not working. Either way, it isn't reasonalble to expect Bo and crew to turn that around in one off-season.

Give him at least a full season - then start to judge. This year, it's all about whether they give maximum effort every play of every game. Get that back, and all is well.

Pretty much what I have said all along. Bo is a great coach, and he will get all he can out of this team, but this is a team of proven quitters, lack of motivation, dedication for what ever reason. If he has changed that mind set, we have the talent to win the 8 games no question. But is it there to win the others.

I am sorry guys, I just do not buy that a new coach wins games. He can motivate, he can inspire, but if they do not believe and make the effort year around it will not happen.

We win 8 games I will be the happiest person on this board. Any thing more will be pure heaven. I agree that I do not think the talent or the heart is there, but that will change with time. Next year if the recruiting goes as desired, we could be there.

Bo can only do so much, he can teach and try and lead them, but if the basic drive, determination, loyalty, esprit de corps is not there, it will not happen. Those are things I question about this program and this group of athletes. Some are onboard there is no question, but for a team to win at the level some think we will this year, they all have to be on board, lock stock and barrel. And for the 9 millionth time, we won't have a clue until after the VaTech game. They will be throwing punches to win, with attitude, how we respond will dictate this years team.

I can see where you're coming from, but honestly, I don't think this team is a team of quitters, but rather they had a coaching staff that didn't know how to make the players understand what they were fighting for. Pelini has stressed that that they (The Staff and Players) are ready to get to work and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Someway, Somehow we're gonna see a complete 180 degree turn from the '07 Huskers.

I have worked with Olympic athletes, world class moto cross racers, Tour De France winners. The best ones have their own motivation, they do not need someone to tell them they have to put forth the effort to be the best. They identify the leader, and if there is not a leader they become one. They work relentlessly to overcome, to be better, to do what is needed, whether told to or not.

I still remember my high school coach telling me, one fact to always remember. Quitters never win, Winners never quit. I still believe that to this day. I have instilled that into every athlete I have ever coached, worked with or supported.

These kids, on this team either have that attitude or they don't. They have played this game long enough to know what it takes and whether they are willing to put forth the effort.

I am sure there are kids on the team that are just what I would want on my team, but the problem is one bad apple destroys the bushel. We had them last year, there is no question. Are the bad apples gone?

And once you quit at something, it becomes easier the next time and the next time. We have quite a record over the last two years, is there enough leaders in the program to get the ship back on track. I do not know, but I truly have my doubts.

I have worked with Olympic athletes, world class moto cross racers, Tour De France winners. The best ones have their own motivation, they do not need someone to tell them they have to put forth the effort to be the best. They identify the leader, and if there is not a leader they become one. They work relentlessly to overcome, to be better, to do what is needed, whether told to or not.

I still remember my high school coach telling me, one fact to always remember. Quitters never win, Winners never quit. I still believe that to this day. I have instilled that into every athlete I have ever coached, worked with or supported.

These kids, on this team either have that attitude or they don't. They have played this game long enough to know what it takes and whether they are willing to put forth the effort.

I am sure there are kids on the team that are just what I would want on my team, but the problem is one bad apple destroys the bushel. We had them last year, there is no question. Are the bad apples gone?

And once you quit at something, it becomes easier the next time and the next time. We have quite a record over the last two years, is there enough leaders in the program to get the ship back on track. I do not know, but I truly have my doubts.

Skers..

That's more true in individual sports like French Moto-biking?

But I see one of the more contributing problems last season was accountability to your teammates.

After a few games, some of the backups and probably some starters came to the realization that certain players were going to play no matter how bad they performed..One natural response would be to try harder to show your coach you should get the start.

But after seeing it not make a difference, your attitude inevitably changes..You begin to quit on your teammates and maybe even telling team leaders to shut the heyll up when they try to motivate you.

This is where a new coaching staff can do the most dramatic turnaround..Telling the team, and showing you mean what you say.."No jobs are safe".."The best player WILL play".

Enough players see that, they begin to realize that playing time really IS in their hands...And they get back to backing each other up and gelling as a team.

If they buy into it early enough, they start with their winter workouts and continue with Spring practice.

One off-season is more than enough time to change team chemistry.

It's hard to imagine quitters getting this far in a team sport without being non-quitters at one time..They can revert back to not quitting once they believe in each other and in their coaches..It's the dynamics of group mentality.

Sorry.

i think thats in lincoln..... and there clearly is a chance(just not a good one) i think 7-5 with a bowl win to put us at 8....and jut out of the rankings

Not a chance.

We are going to lose at least 5 games and go to a lower tier bowl.

Sorry guys, the defense has WAY to many hole in it, and the saddest thing is Cody Glenn is going to be a starter (shows that we are not deep at possibly the most important area on defense.

The offense should be good and win a few high scoring game.

We will at least be in the top 40teams.

Wait another year or two.