Who is the most over rated ESPN commentator?

Who is the most over rated ESPN commentator?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess I am kinda confused by this question??? When you talk about commentator do you mean guys that actually commentate games? cause that would be only Fowler, Herbstreit, and sometimes Corso on this list. Now who is the most overrated analyst might be the better question with this list of choices.

Ivan Maisel

Beano Cook

Kirk Herbstreit

Pat Forde

Mark Schlabach

Lee Corso

Chris Fowler

Anyways my vote would be for Mark May definitely, it doesn't matter what year it is or what kind of talent any team has he always thinks USC will win the national championship and the current USC team is the best team of all time. Holtz is pretty bad too, always pickin ND to win the title. I guess I give Holtz a lot more credit than Herbstreit though, at least Holtz is willing to acknowledge his bias for ND while Herbstreit plays his bias for Ohio State off like no one notices how much of a homer he is.

I never minded Kirk much, but I would be more oblivious to a husker hater than a true Husker fan. I am guessing he must be on the anti Husker wagon at some level to win by so much in the poll. To be fair, I did not like the last regime at all, but I liked the Huskers (as much as I could allow myself to anyway considering we are in the North together). If I were a commentator about things over the last few years, I would have been saying things were going the wrong direction. I am not saying that is what happend with KH, I do not remember what he has been saying bout the Huskers specifically....

They're all dipsh@ts, but Beano is a blubbering idiot!! Him and Holtz need to be chained to the racks in a convalescent home and force fed by the minute so they shut the f@ck up!! Actually maybe they all need to be.

Does anybody remember the pep talks Lou was giving last year? N-Credible!! :sarcasm

I have to say that while I almost never agree with what Herbstreit says he might have the most credibility, his wife's the hottest of them all, and he at least played for a D-1 team that is relevant in College Football today. Other than that yeah, he's a loser too!!

Maisel - a lame duck. Just read a few of his articles. Honestly..

Beano Cook - football has progressed since 1963 & he hasnt recieved the memo yet.

Herbstreit - he'saright.. A little too "know it all-ish" a little too often. Very pompass. I mean pompous.

Pat Forde - no substance in his articles, only fluff. Seriously, is it supposed to be clever & funny? Next.

Schlablahcllh - who? huh? Is that a sneeze or a name?

Lee Corso - a clown. But a good clown. Sorta, Kinda funny as in,... to laugh at.

Fowler - he's the best of the group, hands down.

Mark May - The captain that steers the FailBoat.

Others that are actually enjoyeable: Brad Nessler, Mike Patrick.

Others that are just crapola: Musberger, Tim Brandt, Craig James, Mike Gottfried (retire, please), Jack Arute (hate him), Griese, Fouts (not always though), and Bob Davie (nice, but boring).

Mark May is tied with Herbstreet in my book....call me biased if you want to, but I thought Trev Alberts had the best insight into the game when he was on the crew....

Trev Alberts was a beast :thumbs

Of course he was.

And he had some good insight because he was a better player than Herbstreit or May ever were. Plus, he's actually intelligent, which helps a little, too.

I think it's a toss up between Mark May and Kirk Herbstreet. I wonder where Kirk's hatred against Nebraska stems from. We didn't even play Ohio State when he was there. I guess that he thinks Ohio State is the best at everything because he played football there. Way to go unbiased Kirk. Mark May seems to talk to hear himself and is in a mindset where he's right about everything and anybody with a difference of opinion is an idiot.

I miss seeing Trev Alberts on ESPN talking about football, he was a strong supporter of Nebraska football, but when he'd talk about anything in college football, he'd give key points to show his knowledge.

i want to fight herbstreit.......

YEAH! And Axel Rose!!!!!!! Oh wrong Thread...

Anyways, :box good luck, he looks all pretty boy but I bet he has some scrap. I want to see them all fight, royal rumble style, letting Fowler announce, so he is the only one I have to listen to WHILE watching them all pummell Mark May....