Poll: College football vs weddings

pop quiz  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got married Sept. 26th, 1998, the day we destroyed Washington. In the invitation it was clearly stated, (at the request of myself and my grandpa) that the ceremony would NOT start until 2 hours after the game got over. That made for alot of intoxicated individuals (made it fun) and we had four TV's placed around the church for people to watch the rest of the days action. The wife was not too excited, but there would have been very few people attending and understandably so. If I had to do it again, I would pick the summer. NEVER interupt college football.

My brother is actually getting married on Nov 8th when we play Kansas in Lincoln. I was soooo pissed, I asked him what the hell was he thinking and that if he got he's balls removed or something. I don't think his wife cares that much since she's a Hawkeye fan go figure <_< . My dad was really pissed because he has season tickets and thats going to be one of the top games being played in Lincoln this year and he's going to miss it. My brother told us that he's planning on having a big screen showing the game and I told him "Do you realize that nobody is going to dance because they'll be to busy watching the game", he didn't like that so much.

I told my fiance that we would never get married during football season and she ACTUALLY agreed with me (I love her :lol:) so we are planning a wedding for July 3, 2010.

My Sister and Brother In Law got Married last year in November on the Saturday before the Colorado game. They were on their Honeymoon during the Nebraska - Colorado game on a Cruise ship and I guess there was a lounge on the ship showing the game so they went, and they told us at kick off, some people decided they were going to take a drink every time some one got a touchdown. Needless to say, there were people wasted on the cruise ship that night.

On another note, the Wedding Party entered the reception to Sirius. My Wife and I were the first to enter so I had to ham it up and kind of bounce in like the Cornhuskers do. It was awesome!

I got married Sept. 26th, 1998, the day we destroyed Washington. In the invitation it was clearly stated, (at the request of myself and my grandpa) that the ceremony would NOT start until 2 hours after the game got over. That made for alot of intoxicated individuals (made it fun) and we had four TV's placed around the church for people to watch the rest of the days action. The wife was not too excited, but there would have been very few people attending and understandably so. If I had to do it again, I would pick the summer. NEVER interupt college football.

I like the way you think!!! :thumbs:thumbs

GBR!!!

My Buddy is getting married this fall I think it is day of ISU game. His thinking was that it would be an early game so he could have ceremony later (not that that makes it OK in my book). Anyway I am best man so I will be there but there may be wires hanging out of my tux....

Minister: "You may kiss the bride.."

Me: " TOUCHDOWN BABY"