USA Today's Report on Nebraska

hack

"Bo," Osborne says, "comes across as a guy who doesn't engage in a lot of double-talk and has a good work ethic. There's a feeling he's going to get the team to play hard, that there'll be a lot of passion."

To that, Osborne adds a note of caution: "There's somewhat of a renewed sense of optimism and hope. But they got beat down enough that they're going to need some success on the field to really get back. We'll just see how it plays out. … We'll know more before too long."

I believe that Osborne knows that we are going to be significantly better this year...and it will show very quickly. Go Big Red!! :clap

I like what I'm hearing about the defensive guys losing weight and becoming quicker and more explosive. That is closer to a SEC type of defense that would destroy most of the offenses in the Big XII. Smaller defenses don't necessarily mean worse defenses. I can't wait to see them flying around the field considering I just bought tickets to the season opener a few days ago. :thumbs

Still, with an "SEC Defense" , let's hope we don't run in to a smashmouth Offense like the '95 Huskers.

Fla is still trying to tackle Tommie Frazier.

There will NEVER be a team like the 95 huskers.

Oh and when did Carl get older than Bo? nice read anyway

Pretty recently. You know, Bo is (was) actually a pretty old dude. He was really born in 1952 and spent a while training in the high mountains under Bob Devaney, until one day he surpassed his master and left, seeking football knowledge elsewhere. But when he took the head coaching job here at Nebraska, he decided he needed to be a man, and be 40. So he made himself 15 years younger...because he can.

I always say never say never.....wow, that thought doesn't look right when typed.......

But that team was and still is the best to take the field.

That was the greatest football team I've EVER seen play...

Total domination is a good definition of the 95 Huskers

I always say never say never.....wow, that thought doesn't look right when typed.......

But that team was and still is the best to take the field.

That was the greatest football team I've EVER seen play...

Total domination is a good definition of the 95 Huskers

It brings a tear to my eye to think about it. :clap