Kenny Wilson now a student volunteer coach

Kenny Wilson update

Senior I-back Kenny Wilson has been reduced to a volunteer/student coaching role because of a lingering leg injury, Husker running backs coach Tim Beck said.

Wilson, a key part of Nebraska's four-man I-back rotation in 2006, sat out last season after breaking his leg in an off-field accident in the spring. His playing future is uncertain at this time, but it doesn't look good right now.

"It's been frustrating for him," Beck said. "He's a great young man. I feel for him. He wants to help out in any way he can."

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?cat=53

he probably will never play again which is sad. But think of this, even if he did manage to come back, he'll never be the same again (i.e Matt Herian), even if he was remotely close to where he was he still wouldn't see the field when competing against Lucky, Helu, Castille, even Mendoza and Okafor. Coaching will be his best route, if its in his heart. No matter the outcome, I wish him the best in everything he does regardless if it's playing or coaching.