Blackshirts and their black shirts

I think Coach Carl Pelini will distribute the blackshirts as he sees fit and it will really depend on performance and most of all EFFORT this year. Honestly, I am not really worried about seeing players play without fire like last year because of Coach Bo and the rest of the staff....they are all really intense dudes.

Only hand them out to those who play with reckless abandon and disregard for there own safety. I dont care if you only hand out two of them. Send a message of what you are looking for to earn that shirt. Last years defense absolutely defiled the meaning of Blackshirt and I feel it will take something of this magnitude, to bring back the legitamacy of the Blackshirt.

Only hand them out to those who play with reckless abandon and disregard for there own safety. I dont care if you only hand out two of them. Send a message of what you are looking for to earn that shirt. Last years defense absolutely defiled the meaning of Blackshirt and I feel it will take something of this magnitude, to bring back the legitamacy of the Blackshirt.

:clap

Maybe they should hand out Blackshirts to the defensive unit that performed best in the previous game for the next weeks practice and make it a competition between the D-line, Linebackers, and Secondary. This could help with team competitiveness if everyone was looking to earn that recognition each week. Also it could instill some trust between the defensive units. I think last year everyone was trying to do everyone elses jobs. I remember seeing LOLBers trying to make plays on the right side of the field and then a simple counter would turn into a 30 yd gain. They need to learn to trust eachother to have eachothers backs, everyone do their job and everything will be fine.

At first I just wanted the starting 11 defensive players to get the blackshirts because that is how it started. However, I am not opposed to giving out or two extra for the nickel back or pass rusher because they play just as an important role as the starters even though they don't come in until second or third and long.