Blackshirts and their black shirts

I think Coach Carl Pelini will distribute the blackshirts as he sees fit and it will really depend on performance and most of all EFFORT this year. Honestly, I am not really worried about seeing players play without fire like last year because of Coach Bo and the rest of the staff....they are all really intense dudes.

Yeah, I think the only coach that isn't intense is Mike Ekeler.

How will we as fans react if Bo doesn't give out blackshirts before the first game?

I don't think it would be that bad. It would indicate that Bo doesn't think the team is giving enough effort and I would think that it would inspire them to work harder, especially those who have had a blackshirt in the past.

I think Coach Carl Pelini will distribute the blackshirts as he sees fit and it will really depend on performance and most of all EFFORT this year. Honestly, I am not really worried about seeing players play without fire like last year because of Coach Bo and the rest of the staff....they are all really intense dudes.

Yeah, I think the only coach that isn't intense is Mike Ekeler.

your right Mike Ekeler is bat Sh*t Insane

It's not like Bo wasn't here before. I'm willing to bet the farm that he knows the effort that goes into earning the blackshirt and he's not going to give them away that easily.

He knows the deal...

Who do you think was the DC that gave away 17 blackshirts like it was candy? Bo Pelini. He gave one to the punter too.

I think you should have to take a man's life before you get a blackshirt.

Or be sent out into the jungle with only your bare hands and a loin cloth, and then come back with a tiger's head on a stick.

Or Buffalo head, or JayHawk head or Wildcat head or Cyclone head (????) :dunno

I am sure there has been discussions as to who will get them and under what circumstances a situational player will be given one. I am also sure the criteria for removing the black shirts will be well known to the players.

i suspect Pelini has retained a little bit of what and how the blackshirt tradition was started....this ain't his 1st rodeo at NU! :box

It's not like Bo wasn't here before. I'm willing to bet the farm that he knows the effort that goes into earning the blackshirt and he's not going to give them away that easily.

He knows the deal...

Who do you think was the DC that gave away 17 blackshirts like it was candy? Bo Pelini. He gave one to the punter too.

Several people have mentioned he gave one to a punter - but what a punter! I'm ok with giving that particular punter a blackshirt. I'm less ok with there being 17 given out. Were 17 given out before the season or by the end?

Only hand them out to those who play with reckless abandon and disregard for there own safety. I dont care if you only hand out two of them. Send a message of what you are looking for to earn that shirt. Last years defense absolutely defiled the meaning of Blackshirt and I feel it will take something of this magnitude, to bring back the legitamacy of the Blackshirt.

Yeah Buddy :bonez

GBR