CFN HAS HUSKERS BEATING HOKIES!!!!!

Yet again another preseason prediction....another follie. Give me a break, preseason predictions hold no value...I don't care if they are picking us to go undefeated, they still hold squat for value, especially if they don't live in Nebraska and know Nebraska football first hand. 80% of the regular posters on this board could predict better what is going to happen in reality this season with this team - especially this team, coming off the last four years.

In Osborne's day as coach, it may have been possible to get close for these guys, but with parity and all it brings, and all the bad numbers that we have managed to endure over the last 4 years, there is no way anyone really knows how this team will react once it is on the field and under pressure. I have a lot of faith in Bo, but Bo is human after all.

Fi we lost to VT, I'll be pissed. They don't have a single receiver with a catch returning, thin at RB, and lost a good portion of their defense. They also have a good chance of losing to ECU... And no way we lose to the kitties.... ISU has a better chance...

Uh, while I don't necessarily disagree with your implyed prediction, you're off on your facts. Technically, yes we do have a receiver returning with catches, not many but some. We are in absolutely no way thin at RB. All of the backs are healthy and we have five very good players battling for playing time, that it one position where we are really deep.

Anyway, CFN does a pretty good job with their previews, but their predictions are always absolutely terrible.

he also has us losing to kstate :lol:

I will actually be disappointed if that happens. I would rather us be playing well at the end of the year and losing early on... even though beating v-tech is a greater accomplishment. I expect to be a decent team by the end of the year

I seriously doubt we lose to KSu..

But if our season just happened to be already lost, it Would be nice to buy Princess some more seasons..This game wouldn't happen to be on Groundhog's Day, would it?

Lose this one (See's shadow) THey extend his contract (I think they already did) 6 more years of JuCo Diving (6 more Weeks seasons of Winter Bad Football)

Email him

pete@collegefootballnews.com

:lol: Somebody should

Dear Sir,

I read your preview and there is one area, where you are utterly, and completely off target.

So will pandering to the fan base by bringing back Tom Osborne to run the show and getting more marginally talented walk-on farm kids make Nebraska a national powerhouse again? No

I would like to remind you sir, that the back to back national title teams or 94 and 95, half of those kids were walk ons. Not too mention the 95 team, which is one of the greatest, if not greatest football team of all time.

Our marginally talented farm kids" somehow seem to do just fine, and dare I say, excel. They understand what Nebraska football is. It's hard work, dedication, and heart.

FWIW....(ooops....can I abbreviate that or are we gonna have another thread about using "chat" lingo?)...Anyway...I do enjoy reading CFN's predictions because they're usually more accurate than other predictions. CFN guys, it would seem at least, actually research before they write whereas the Poontang Boys like Maisel, Mandel, Herb"OMG! The '71 Huskers are the greatest"Streit, etc regurgitate what everyone else is saying.

Fi we lost to VT, I'll be pissed. They don't have a single receiver with a catch returning, thin at RB, and lost a good portion of their defense. They also have a good chance of losing to ECU... And no way we lose to the kitties.... ISU has a better chance...

Those receivers should have some catches under their belt by the time we play you guys, and hopefully our RBs will learn how to block as well in time.

For some information on how our WRs and RBs are progressing I encourage you to check out this blog - very good.

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/kyle-tucker

All in all I look forward to a good game in a great environment.

Those receivers should have some catches under their belt by the time we play you guys, and hopefully our RBs will learn how to block as well in time.

For some information on how our WRs and RBs are progressing I encourage you to check out this blog - very good.

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/kyle-tucker

All in all I look forward to a good game in a great environment.

Since your screen name makes it appear you're in the Air Force, this fellow fly-boy won't hold too much of a grudge for being a Hokies fan

The only problem with comparing walk-ons in the 90's to walk-ons now, is the fact that every high school in Nebraska ran the option in the 90's. I'm not completely sure that every high school in Nebraska runs a spread/WCO type offense now or are any good at it to produce walk-ons that would be worth a darn. I know my high school switched after I graduated, they had one good season and now they suck. Soo...

Yeah, but Nebraska didn't win titles because of walk-ons. They won because of Tommie Frazier and the great defensive line.

And BTW, there was a chemical reason many of those marginally talented farm kids excelled.

Fiu

CFN

That's what this dick replied to me. All of our walk on's were on steriods, according to this butt monkey...

So my reply...

A chemical reason? That is the dumbest thing I've heard anyone say in quite a while.

So, it wasn't heart or hours of hard work in the weight room?

And when Tommie Frazier had the blood clot in his leg, who filled in for him?

Apparently you know two things about Husker football, Jack and sh*t, and Jack left town...

You should be ashamed to call yourself a college football analyst...