Joe Ganz

we were told Keller had the "it factor", but he really had the "sh#t factor".

Joey just may have a lot more than any of us thought. humble, hard working, patient.......he deserves all the success that he earns....

GO JOE!

:bang I have to defend Keller, I think under the circumstances he did pretty good for us. It is just unfortunate that he had to come under those circumstances/under BC. When Keller came I wasn't sure how I would feel about him just walking in and taking over the way BC seemed to have it planned, because my loyalty was first and foremost to the players that originally signed and wanted to come to Nebraska, but after he came in and dealt with the adversity that the defense put on this team, handling it as classy as he could, I have respect for Keller.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am mine also...and I couldn't just let that comment pass without saying something.

Good read....I'm starting to feel about Ganz the way I felt about Taylor. Even if he's not "national spotlight quarterback material"...he makes you feel glad you have him on the team. He just seems like an overall good kid. I'm hoping he can do some great stuff for us!

I feel the same way. I love the guy and hope he goes out his senior year with a bang.

Good read....I'm starting to feel about Ganz the way I felt about Taylor. Even if he's not "national spotlight quarterback material"...he makes you feel glad you have him on the team. He just seems like an overall good kid. I'm hoping he can do some great stuff for us!

I feel the same way. I love the guy and hope he goes out his senior year with a bang.

Keller sucked

Keller sucked

:blink: Seriously, again?

We didn't "need" Keller, but I think a quarterback with game experience was important when the 3rd opponent was USC.

If it was Ganz that went down last year, instead of having Keller, did you really want the season coming down to (our beloved) Beau Davis? We still don't know how Beau or Ganz would have held up through the physical pounding that Keller took last year. I like Beau and his ethics, but he just doesn't have the necessary tools for success in D-I.

That said, without the Keller thing happening like it did, how else could we have gotten 2 decent QBs on the depth chart in 2007? Where else do we get a starting quarterback with big-boy game experience to leave their program and commit to one year with Nebraska?

:dunno

I think what happened in 2007 was the best situation for us in 2008. Joe played enough to get comfortable, not take too many licks, and gain confidence in a 'nothing to lose situation' in the season's final games. Plus, now we might actually play some defense to go along with it.

Keller sucked

odd. he has nothing but good things to say about you.

:yeah

Five years ago, you wouldn't be attacking a Husker who put up the numbers that Keller was able to put up while he was here, that has changed. I think people need to quit being so critical of individual players for a while, give it a break. It is a shame that we have lowered ourselves to this level, this is something I would expect from K-State fans or some other wanna be.

In fact, five years ago, we probably wouldn't talk about opposing players the way we have our own players...what a shame.

dedhoarse

I miss the days when we could start 3rd string walk-on Matt Turman against a pretty feisty and well ranked KState team and still have all the confidence in the world we were gonna win. Last year was really the only year in the BC tenure where we actually had a capable 2nd string QB. I think before everyone starts throwing criticism around, we need to step back and look at both Keller and Taylor for what they really were. They both were bandaid QB's as they both were expected to come in and play right away without having much time at all left. Beck was supposed to be the first BC QB prodigy, but that didn't pan out. Freeman backed out and went to KState. BC was canned, and the next guy went to Mizzou. We never actually saw a groomed BC QB. Both Keller and Taylor made the best of the situation they were thrown into.