Josh Freeman #1 draft pick in 09'

BLKSHRTS

I was watching ESPN U this morning and the crew seems to think that it's not that far out that Josh Freeman could come out and have first overall draft pick talent this year. Ron Prince is quoted as saying Josh Freeman will be the number one overall pick in the 2009 draft. I don't know about you guys but I haven't been really all that impressed with this kid. Yea he's big and can the ball a little but i still don't think that he's number one talent...what do you guys think :dunno

Was watching some ESPN yesterday after noon and they had the College Football preview show on and Jesse Palmer and some hot chick who knew nothing about Football said that Josh Freeman could be the #1 draft pick in 2009 :wtf:bs:.

Well I think that I'll pack up my bags and apply at ESPN because it looks like they'll hire anybody to do the College Football Preview show. Have those two even watched College Football for the past few years? Sure he beat Texas two years in a row but he's not even a good QB. I think that if Josh Freeman was playing for a better school and coach, his talent would've been better than what it is.

Not only that but Josh Freeman could be drafted before Marlon Lucky :rollin . ESPN just gets better and better everyday. Josh Freeman couldn't even beat a terrible Husker Defense last but yet he could be the #1 draft pick.

:lol: I'm dying to hear some of your guys thoughts

Jessie Palmer hasn't been a horrible "anaylist", more of a safe pick kind of guy. And someone needs to teach that chick to read the telepromter AND blink at the same time. Seriously!

Don't see Freeman going #1. He does have a live arm, but inaccurate for the most part. His mobility was far overrated out of H.S.

Vince young was a better runner and more accurate, and he went third. Granted there may have been more talent in 06.

meh, good nfl qb and good college qb are not always the same thing. In fact, it is almost always the case that good college qb's dont pan out in the NFL and the good NFL qb's come from nowhere. I agree with palmer's points, there is a reason Cally was recruiting Freeman, bc he had the NFL archetype.

The fastest way to shut down Freeman is to play tight man on the receivers and blitz either off the corner

or with a safety. He's like a deer in the headlights then. I used to have to do all the catering for the sky

boxes at Bill Snyder Stadium and would watch the games. Pressure + Freeman = Loss. :koolaid2: