Interesting preseason rankings in the World Herald today...

We'll see...the planets sure seem to be aligned. But...if we awarded championships based on rankings we wouldn't have to play the games...OH...wait?!? Keep forgetting this D1 football...sheesh... <_<

I seem to recall a couple of seasons when Nebraska came into the season as the favorite and Mizzou takin' 'em right down to the wire...even though they weren't "supposed to"...we'll see...

Barfy is just doing that to rile up the Husker faithful.

Missouri is good, but not better then Georgia, USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Florida. Just could not pick them over the proven ones. Missouri gets by Texas Tech and Oklahoma, then I will be a believer.

Barfy is just doing that to rile up the Husker faithful.

Missouri is good, but not better then Georgia, USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Florida. Just could not pick them over the proven ones. Missouri gets by Texas Tech and Oklahoma, then I will be a believer.

Missouri could make it to the NT game this year, but I have trouble seeing them win it even though the likely opponents, Ohio State or USC, struggle against the spread. I think the more likely scenario is after the undefeated regular season, they start scheduling their travel plans and end up blowing it in the Conference Championship to some 3 loss South team.

GoTigers, I do not mind being humble. Last several years we have played poorly without question. Missouri has improved a lot and look very tough. The difference for me as a Husker fan this year is the underdog role; It is very exciting & more enjoyeable b/c of the changes made & work put in since Spring. Coaching, attitude, technique, skills, mindset, toughness, believing in each other, playing as a team, and the best players that are ready will be on the field. It's exciting. Maybe the Huskers are not there yet obviously. It will take time. But maybe not as much time as we might think. There is a lot of optimism and positivity about the direction of the Huskers with the present & future.

Enjoy your season. You guys will really feel terrible next year if dont win it all this year. And one last thing - keep in mind that your link is to a "preseason poll". Nothing has been accomplished yet this season for anyone.

Bruce Feldman also thinks Missouri will be in the Championship game. He also has Nebraska tabbed for the Insight Bowl. I wouldn't mind a trip to Phoenix even if it isn't the Fiesta.

link

Thanks for the link. I disagree with him. The BCS Championship will take luck and the teams with the easiest path. AKA - Pac 10 vs Big 10.

The Big 12 & SEC are so tough, teams will beat up on each other every Saturday.

It's almost to the point anymore (BCS CG) that it's no longer "who's the best" but "who survives easier". It's a shame. But I'll take our Conference & it's toughness any day over those others.

Bruce Feldman also thinks Missouri will be in the Championship game. He also has Nebraska tabbed for the Insight Bowl. I wouldn't mind a trip to Phoenix even if it isn't the Fiesta.

link

Thanks for the link. I disagree with him. The BCS Championship will take luck and the teams with the easiest path. AKA - Pac 10 vs Big 10.

The Big 12 & SEC are so tough, teams will beat up on each other every Saturday.

It's almost to the point anymore (BCS CG) that it's no longer "who's the best" but "who survives easier". It's a shame. But I'll take our Conference & it's toughness any day over those others.

When they win the Big XII Championship I'll believe. Until then....