Pelini Unhappy?

NUpolo8

i dunno. tough love?

Ochams razor --- the simple most explanation is often the best. If Pelini is displeased it is most likely that the team is not where they should be. Plain and simple. He pointed out execution as the issue --- not making plays. He is concerned that these two issues are problematic. So... he said so. He is displeased because of the lack of performance he is seeing. He wants more and better. As should be the case.

On they news last night they mentioned that it being the first day of classes may have played into it. Also it was the first day the walkons could participate. The walkons may have slowed things down a bit being their first day and not being up to speed ( if they even participated in drills). Channel 6 interviewed Suh, Todd Peterson, and Wortman and all said it being the first day of class and being out of the normal routine played a factor. This will be a non issue maybe as soon as today.

Maybe we're reading too much into it. They had a bad practice. It happens. If it become repetitive, then we should be concerned. I don't like the first day of class excuse, but maybe it did play a part. I remember having bad practices when we were tired and really were just going through the motions of practice. Coaches get pissed when they see this kind of effort because they know that games will not be won by simply going through the motions. Practices like these will bring forward the real leaders on the team. Bad practices are quite simply part of the process. Hopefully, they strap it up from here on out and have good practices heading into Saturday's game. If memory serves me correctly, in 2001 we had like 3 bad practices before the CU game and then got slaughtered. The players need to now respond and give that extra 110%.

just found THIS

Are you mad?

Gross-Up Calculator

Calculation based on: Tax Year 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 pre 2003 post 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 For Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Washington DC Puerto Rico American Samoa Guam N. Mariana Islands US Virgin Islands

Instructions: Click an item's name for help on contents.

General Information

Net Pay

Gross Salary YTD

(optional)

Pay Frequency

Daily Weekly Bi-weekly Semi-monthly Monthly Quarterly Semi-Annually Annually

Federal Filing Status

Single Married Head of Household Supplemental

# of Federal Allowances

Additional Fed. Withholding

$

Round Federal Withholding

Yes No

I am exempt from:

Federal Tax FICA Medicare

State and Local Information for Arkansas

Tax Rate

Single Married Filing Jointly Head of Household Supplemental Exempt

Exemptions

Low Income

Yes No

Additional State W/H

$

How can this topic be filled with all these speculative assumptions when what actually happened at practice Monday has been reported on several newspapers. Basically, they practiced flat against the scout team Monday. Players cited the start of classes and the fact that they didn't practice on Mondays under BC as probable causes.

Pelini and staff were not pleased with the seeming complacency and lack of execution. When somebody asked him about lack of effort, he responded "I didn't say effort was lacking". He obviously wasn't pleased. Its idiotic to assume he created some rant as a form of keeping his team under the radar. That's stupid.

He's been saying all along that they need to be better, there's more work to do. These reporters should just back off about the same stupid questions they keep repeating every day like a parrot "Who's getting Blackshirts? Who's getting Blackshirts?" BROCK!

Seriously, take it for face value and dont throw gasoline on a fire. If there's a bad day on the field I want to read about it. Not about a reporter's tension b/c he's trying to lure an answer for the prize headline.

Exhale.. my. rant. now. over.

I would not be surprised if Pelini turns out to be one of those coaches who seem displeased at every press conference during the season. That might just be his plan for dealing with the media, but doesn't mean he is exactly the same with the players. It will be interesting to see what he is like on the Bo Pelini Show, or whatever it is going to be called...

How about "The Bo Show, Fo' Sho' "