did anyone else notice that our 5th week opponet.......

The only chance against MU is if we can run the ball (and the clock and the turnover battle), and I was dissapointed in our run game against WM. I do think Joe Ganz is a football player, and can make plays. We will have to outscore MU, but I think it is possible with this offense. BUT WE MUST BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL BETTER. The O Line has to show me more than they did Saturday.

Defensively, we have to get a pass rush, our D backs are not good enough against the spread offense. But we are flying around, and showed the ability to cause some turnovers, ala 2003, and this must continue.

BEND BUT DON"T BREAK BLACKSHIRTS!

The only chance against MU is if we can run the ball (and the clock and the turnover battle), and I was dissapointed in our run game against WM. I do think Joe Ganz is a football player, and can make plays. We will have to outscore MU, but I think it is possible with this offense. BUT WE MUST BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL BETTER. The O Line has to show me more than they did Saturday.

Defensively, we have to get a pass rush, our D backs are not good enough against the spread offense. But we are flying around, and showed the ability to cause some turnovers, ala 2003, and this must continue.

BEND BUT DON"T BREAK BLACKSHIRTS!

Actually, to beat Mizzou you need to pass. That's where their defense was exposed, and badly so. 451 passing yards? Yikes!

Mizzou held a decent Illinois rushing attack to 81 yards, they had 5 sacks, 7 or 8 tackles for loss, and 2 interceptions. What almost beat them was long passes. Juice had 9 completions for 20 or more yards. If Nebraska has any chance, they'll need some real speed headed down field.

Oh... and you need to stop the offense too. Maclin's back at practice today but my hope is they hold him out. He's not needed Saturday.

Actually, to beat Mizzou you need to pass. That's where their defense was exposed, and badly so. 451 passing yards? Yikes!

Mizzou held a decent Illinois rushing attack to 81 yards, they had 5 sacks, 7 or 8 tackles for loss, and 2 interceptions. What almost beat them was long passes. Juice had 9 completions for 20 or more yards. If Nebraska has any chance, they'll need some real speed headed down field.

Oh... and you need to stop the offense too. Maclin's back at practice today but my hope is they hold him out. He's not needed Saturday.

no, that would get us into a shootout. We don't need to be in a shootout vs Mizzou or vs Tech for that matter.... we need to establish the run and control the clock. Force turnovers and take care of the ball... yes, we can use the run to throw the long ball. We will have to score, and probably more than 30 possibly 40 points. But controlling the clock and giving Chase n co the least amount of possessions possible.

Remember last year's week one posts.....

Picture them in your mind...

Now...

Insert WMU where Nevada was and Missou where USC was in the week one 2007 posts.

After the first game of 2007. Everyone thought the skers were back! Nevada was pounded. Over 400 yards rushing, Cally was the best thing since sliced bread.

Deja vu??

Can nu beat mu?? Of course. Anything is possible, every game is winnable. find a way to win.

insert every football cliche' here.

Is it likely that nu will beat mu looking at the game from this point in time?

imo- no.

your opinions will vary.

GO BO!!

BEAT SAN JOSE!!

we arent talking about beating anyone.... just competing. and just because its cliche doesnt make it any less relevant. and just because things went bad last, doesnt mean this year they will be bad again

as I have said before it was MU first game.... it means nothing. they are better then they looked against illinois. but you also have to keep in mind last year means just as little. its a new year and new team. way to early to say that we cant compete with teams.

"we arent talking about beating anyone.... " huh? NU will beat many teams this year. And some people are indeed talking about beating MU and KU etc. It's their right to do so. And their opinion that NU can win.

I'm the first to agree that the 2007 huskers aren't the same as the 2008 huskers, and I'd also say it's WAAAY premature to say they are better or worse than the 2007 team.

hope not withstanding.

basically my post was to remind folks that ALMOST everyone was VERY happy with the skers after week one of 2007.

As history has proven...

Week one was too early to assess them as well. ;)

GO BO!!

I just hope for MU fans sake that their secondary performance was just a case of the opening game jitters. That was pathetic. I caught the second half of the game on tv and couldn't believe how wide open the Illini receivers were getting. I'm a KU fan and I was getting mad because I know MU is better than that.

Is Pinkel stressing the importance to finish games with this team, or are they just playing duck duck goose once they get up by 25 points? I would be upset if I was a Tiger fan. That kind of play will get you beat when you meet the likes of an OU, Texas, or dare I say it.....Kansas. In a way the game kind of reminded me of how KU stormed back on MU in the second half last year.

I would be asking questions if I was MU. However, on the flip side, I don't see too many defenses shutting that offense down. I hate to say this but it's the best in the country. You can only hope to contain it. It will take at least a 35 plus point performance to beat MU this year. Write it down. I don't see any team this year holding MU to under 30.

Forget ball control and risk turnovers, go score and score often (if you can). Cause god knows MU will if you don't.

Geeez, I hate MU and after reading what I just wrote I am disgusted with myself. Yuck. <_<

Remember last year's week one posts.....

Picture them in your mind...

Now...

Insert WMU where Nevada was and Missou where USC was in the week one 2007 posts.

After the first game of 2007. Everyone thought the skers were back! Nevada was pounded. Over 400 yards rushing, Cally was the best thing since sliced bread.

Deja vu??

Can nu beat mu?? Of course. Anything is possible, every game is winnable. find a way to win.

insert every football cliche' here.

Is it likely that nu will beat mu looking at the game from this point in time?

imo- no.

your opinions will vary.

GO BO!!

BEAT SAN JOSE!!

we arent talking about beating anyone.... just competing. and just because its cliche doesnt make it any less relevant. and just because things went bad last, doesnt mean this year they will be bad again

as I have said before it was MU first game.... it means nothing. they are better then they looked against illinois. but you also have to keep in mind last year means just as little. its a new year and new team. way to early to say that we cant compete with teams.

"we arent talking about beating anyone.... " huh? NU will beat many teams this year. And some people are indeed talking about beating MU and KU etc. It's their right to do so. And their opinion that NU can win.

I'm the first to agree that the 2007 huskers aren't the same as the 2008 huskers, and I'd also say it's WAAAY premature to say they are better or worse than the 2007 team.

hope not withstanding.

basically my post was to remind folks that ALMOST everyone was VERY happy with the skers after week one of 2007.

As history has proven...

Week one was too early to assess them as well. ;)

GO BO!!

not you in particular... but just read this post. peope saying we have no chance and that in certain cases we dont even have a chance to keep it close

To beat MU we need to play keep away. And win the turnover battle. Getting into a shootout with them isnt a great idea.

To beat MU we need to do the same things that they would need to do to beat us.

:dunno

I think we're pretty much covered if we just score more points than they do.

Especially if our Defense holds them to fewer points than we manage to score.

:dunno

:wacko: