did anyone else notice that our 5th week opponet.......

they put up 52 points themselves. and they can probably shore up those issues in five weeks.

They might not have there best WR by the time they come up here. And if they do, he probably won't be 100%.

mizzus lines are strong, its line backers very good, its secondary is a problem. Illinois didnt run like last year having lost thier back to the nfl, but juice was burning them deep. mizzu looked pretty damn good.

they did put up 52 points themselves, but if they get in a bunch of shootouts they will not win them all. they played sloppier than we did imo. i will say that they may beat us, but it will not be by much IF they do.

clearly we have work to do, but they are not as good as most have predicted. Their D was very sloppy, moreso than a first game warrants out of a D that was so good last year and should be good this year. their corners are probably in the bottom of the big12 and their safeties arent much better. unless they get it fixed over the next 3 games then i predict that we can lay 300+yards passing on them. after looking at their boards even their fans thought that they looked bad on D.

Personally, I think them losing by only 10 isn't a good sign for us. It indicates to me that they (the players) were buying in to their own hype. I fear this might be a wake up all for them.

Last year they had something to prove...and played that way. This year they are the "hunted". This MAY be an indication that they are not well equipped to play that role. We will see...

It was week 1 and not Western Michigan as their opposition...

Or Florida International <_< Illinois is way over rated and I think that Nebraska could've beat Illinois.

I know FIU sucks, but Illinois does not. I am only pointing out that they had a real opponent in week 1, just like last year....

We will find out if Nebraska can beat teams like Illinois soon enough. As a matter of fact, week 5 was pointed out out by someone as a chance to show if there is real improvement. Not that you would have to even win, but to play really well and lose would probably be a nice step, if not a victory.