did anyone else notice that our 5th week opponet.......

42 points in regular play is not a sign of good D. or at least not as great as they were predicting. i only watched part of their game and what i saw they didnt look all that great. i would call the illini a good team but not a 9+ win team thoughts?

Illinois scored more than 40 points 3 times last year: Syracuse 41, Minnesota 44, Northwestern 41. Missouri has some work to do in their secondary. OTOH their offense looked unstoppable.

A lot of the Illini points came late, when they where behind and throwing whatever they could find at them. Mizzou controled this game start to finish. For a first game they where rusty, but how you think they will look come Oct?

We have our work cut out for us on D. and better get uor a$$@s in gear if we're gonna beat this team.

It was week 1 and not Western Michigan as their opposition...

Or Florida International <_< Illinois is way over rated and I think that Nebraska could've beat Illinois.

I know FIU sucks, but Illinois does not. I am only pointing out that they had a real opponent in week 1, just like last year....

We will find out if Nebraska can beat teams like Illinois soon enough. As a matter of fact, week 5 was pointed out out by someone as a chance to show if there is real improvement. Not that you would have to even win, but to play really well and lose would probably be a nice step, if not a victory.

I would say the game against VT is probably the first big chance. East Carolina isn't a pushover, and VT is still a good team despite the loss.

they put up 52 points themselves. and they can probably shore up those issues in five weeks.

The MU offense, were they playing NU last night (and if NU played the way they did last night) would have scored 70+ points on the Huskers --- and such would be limited only by their mercy (not piling more points on). So, even if MU left up 50 points to the Huskers (which is not likely) MU would still win going away.

That said, the MU defense does look suspect and your point is well noted.

ok then consider this........last year MU played western michigan and the score was...............52-34, our score was a little better.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Last year Missouri also throttled us badly in our game. So what I get from your post is that Missouri had a somewhat rocky start last season, but when they played us they beat us. Alright, well this season Missouri had a bit of a rough start against a better team, and so when they come to play us...

We will need to improve a lot to beat Missouri. End of story.

never said we wouldnt, but i think some of you are underestimating WMU they did play relatively good football last night and did not make many mistakes. to me last night it looked like pinkle started to outcoach himself again or maybe they were too confident, but their pass defense was imo no better than ours. J williams is NOT a historically accurate passer i believe around 55% last year so they got torched in the passing

this is all pretty pointless you just can't say anything based on a week of play as to whether or not this team is better than that team or w/e, and you also can't really use the previous year's stats against a team this year. maybe Juice really improved his throwing ability. hell, Juice could end up being one of the best qb's out there, just like pretty much every quarterback on every team

I have no idea where we will be on the 11th of October, but count your blessings we did not play either Illinois or Missouri last night. It would have been a slaughter. Both have speed on us big time is what it looked like.

you hit on a big issue --- speed. NU is nowhere near the speed of the ranked teams. no matter how good a coach Pelini is, we do not have the speed or talent to hang with a ranked team. period.

Lucky does enough to off set Maclin, but Coffman is the man. I do not have a clue of how Coach Pelini is going to stop him. He just carries the whole team down the field if needed. He is so fun to watch. Truly amazing. And the Washington kid seemed to carry the ball well. Gonna be a tough one I am afraid, and I will have to hear it all the way back to Columbia, my son works for the University of Missouri hospital.