Andy Christiansen found Not Guilty

DaveH

If this was you or your kid you would have a different view, you can say now that you wouldn't but you would.

If she was your daughter you would have a different view, you can say now that you wouldn't but you would. <_<

Just for the record OJ was found Not Guilty. :dunno I'm not saying I'm just saying. :moreinteresting

I do believe he did show no class when he dumped not one but two drinks on the girls head.

And if this were your son?

He shouldn't be allowed to play anymore. He broke the law and I'm sure team rules, so sorry just like with my kids you break the rules you lose things. Should they take his scholarship away? Probably not, he should be allowed to finish his degree and move on he just shouldn't see the field anymore. IMO

Just because you are found Not Guilty doesn't mean you DIDN'T do it, it could also mean that the State didn't do a good enough job proving their case.

As Teafatiller did as well(DUI/DWI), he still has a roster spot though.

Believe me I have wondered why he is still on the team as well. If it was up to me he wouldn't be. I'm sorry 2 DUI's in a year equals no football if you ask me. I brought this up to a friend of mine when Dixon got the boot. The thing that really gets me is I believe Teafatiller is on the Unity Council as well.

So if a woman wears a skirt to the bar she is asking for someone to fondle her? If so wow. :moreinteresting:nanalama

Half the time you don't need an imagination, because when they are sitting down, all is there for the world to see. They do this to get attention, do you want your daughter going to bars showing off her cookie to the whole world? I'd atleast want her to put panties on, and maybe a skirt that doesn't have her cheeks hanging out. Doesn't seem like that much to ask. As for the fondling part, he wasn't guilty so.................... What?

She was at the bar with her husband and a group of friends. The way you talk about her skirt is like she was a lady of the night. I sure hope you are just using the internet to say this crap and ruffle feathers, because if you really believe what you just said I'm sorry. :wacko:

If you ask me women should only be allowed to wear skirts that go to their ankles that way scum bag dudes won't think they are coming on to them. <_< YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madash

Like I said before OJ was found Not Guilty this day and age it doesn't mean the person didn't do it. :moreinteresting

Still don't want him back! Being found guilty, and being guilty aren't always the same thing.

Bottom line he still disrespected the police, and this woman, regardless of the assault alligation. He lacks character and I hope i never see him suit back up for the big red.

That's how I see it, don't care how you all want to attack me for it!

Were you there? Nope, didn't think so, so how can you make that statement?

You can't. Do you know him? How do you know he lacks character?

Most people who are wrongly accused aren't going to be happy about being put in the back of a squad car. You can't believe everything you read in the journal star, or world herald or wherever.

He pleaded guilty to two MISDEMEANOR charges stemming from being accused of doing something that obviously he didn't do.

I just love the "holier than though" attitude you have.

If this was you or your kid you would have a different view, you can say now that you wouldn't but you would.

Hmmm... per the radio (590), he admitted to pouring beer over her head (lacks character in my book) and pleaded guilty to assaulting the cops and their car.

Dented it I guess. (lacks something-- brain maybe?).

Still, I wouldn't permanently kick him off the team. I would definitely suspend him for the season though and give him a shot to clean up his act by next season.

opinions vary widely and it's Bo's decision.

He'll do the right thing.

GO BO!!

BEAT SJS!!

Still don't want him back! Being found guilty, and being guilty aren't always the same thing.

Bottom line he still disrespected the police, and this woman, regardless of the assault alligation. He lacks character and I hope i never see him suit back up for the big red.

That's how I see it, don't care how you all want to attack me for it!

Were you there? Nope, didn't think so, so how can you make that statement?

You can't. Do you know him? How do you know he lacks character?

Most people who are wrongly accused aren't going to be happy about being put in the back of a squad car. You can't believe everything you read in the journal star, or world herald or wherever.

He pleaded guilty to two MISDEMEANOR charges stemming from being accused of doing something that obviously he didn't do.

I just love the "holier than though" attitude you have.

Your comment is interesting to me. As is said below, were you there? (NO, correct?) Do you know this young man? (NO, correct?) We have all made decisions and acted as though we lacked character in life beofre. No one is perfect, and in my opinion you are lacking character for stating that he is guilty even though he was found not guilty. I agree with the poster who said quit acting holier then any body else.

If she was your daughter you would have a different view, you can say now that you wouldn't but you would. <_<

Just for the record OJ was found Not Guilty. :dunno I'm not saying I'm just saying. :moreinteresting

I do believe he did show no class when he dumped not one but two drinks on the girls head.

And if this were your son?

He shouldn't be allowed to play anymore. He broke the law and I'm sure team rules, so sorry just like with my kids you break the rules you lose things. Should they take his scholarship away? Probably not, he should be allowed to finish his degree and move on he just shouldn't see the field anymore. IMO

Just because you are found Not Guilty doesn't mean you DIDN'T do it, it could also mean that the State didn't do a good enough job proving their case.

There many things that every one on this board would do differently if given the chance to have a re-do.

I am sure that this young man would do things differently as well. But I refuse to put myself in his shoes and say that I wouldn't have resisted or I would have done this or that when I was being accused of something I did not do. I am just glad that I have never been in that spot to find out what I would have done... which goes to my next point. I do fault him for putting himself in a position to have this happen in the first place. Does that mean he lacks character? Probably! But it doesn't mean he is guilty.

Oh, and by the way, I don't really care to have him back either. Athletes, and even the regular student body for that matter, should be able to make better dicisions than to put them selves in these situations to begin with. I am OK with however the team deals with it... as long as it's consistent and every player is treated the same way.

As was stated from the beginning. Wait until the court runs its course.

I agree, if he did it, there would be dna under his nails, and it would most likely show where it had been and hadn't.

NO oppinion one way or another, but could you imagine that, she had been coming on to him and wanted more, maybe the cold drinks were to Kool her down in more ways than one. Maybe he did this as a way of getting out of the mess. Then if that is true, and having some drinks he reacted to her I will get you one way or another attack. Who knows.

But I doubt we see him this year. Does not play this year, enrolls for grad school or graduate next summer he could play next year. Is that right scholarship guys.

Either way it is past and we need to let him forget the nightmare he and his family have been through. It is good he was found not guilty, it makes the program look better than the opposite.

Time to move on.

I feel sorry for Bo.

Bo's put in the situation of either kicking off a kid who got drunk and over reacted toward a very upset girl and police. Or keeping a drunk molester who is violent towards police, that managed to avoid a guilty verdict from the courts.

Bo needs to talk to Andy, Andy's parents, Dr. Tom, the unity council and the other coaches. Ultimately it is up to Bo.

If it was my decision, with the little info that I have or can get, I'd take him back with a very short leash. Also I would require Andy to take an Alcohol awareness class and an anger management class. I would also ask Andy what he thinks Bo should do for a punishment or even what Andy should do to punish himself?

The easy road would be to kick Andy off the team. He is out of condition, has not practiced and would make an excellent example. Besides the O line is deep. Andy has not been a part of the team for the most part. The only real problem is that you might have just kicked off a wrongly accused kid with pro potential that did resist arest.

The tough road would be to take him back. Andy has little up side. He has used his red shirt. He might earn a starting spot near the middle of Big 12 play. If Andy does something else that is stupid Bo's feet will be put to the fire and the media will put much of the blame on Bo.

Good luck Bo. I'll back you either way. :bonez

What I believe is that too many times people make up opinions of wheter someone did something or not, then when the court says that they didn't those same people go. "Well the state just did a lousy job", He is guilty in the minds of those people. That is not right.

If it seems as I was attacking a single poster, I apologize, that was not the case, I get a little emotional on this subject because my life in my hometown was ruined due to people saying I did something that the law agrees now that I didn't. I was attacking the thought process not the thinker.

I will weigh in on this with my 2 cents.

1. No one but Andy Christianson knows IF he did this or not. Even the girl who filed the complaint doesnt know for sure. She felt someone cop a feel, turned around and said that Andy was the only one their. In her mind Andy did it and that is that. There will be no changing her mind on any of it.

2. Once the complaint was filed and the media got ahold of it, alot of people assumed he was guilty, and nothing (even a not guilty verdict) will change their minds.

3. Andy resisted arrest because he was being arrested and accused for something that he felt he did not do. Would anybody else be happy with being accused and arrested for something they felt innocent of? Has anyone resisted at all when arrested for something they didnt do? I have

in this day and age, when a woman make an allegation of any sexual misconduct by a male, that male is view guilty until proven innocent.

i have seen it in the military and in civilian life also. it is just the society that we live in.

i am the father of a 22 year old son and a 17 year old daughter, and my reaction would be very different on which one was a part of the situation.

if it was my daughter, i would be pissed and out for blood, but if it was my son and he told me that he didnt do it, i would defend him with everything that i had.

sure OJ was found "Not Guilty" but everyone know that he did it, but that analogy doesnt mean that Andy Christianson is guilty.

I am sure that Andy and the woman would like to put this behind them now, and we should let them try and start because either way it will be difficult for both to do so.

HuskerExtra Article

But no one else at the bar that night who testified backed up the claim. No physical evidence was collected. No surveillance footage showed that Christensen assaulted her.

That's another thing, all the bars on O-street have cameras everywhere. I got kicked out of a bar up here one night because, one bartender said I didn't pay for my drinks, the one who sold them too me goes "I don't remember", next day I complain to the manager, she pulls up the video see's me paying for them and she hands me $50 and an apology. Even the dive here in south sioux has cameras covering every scare inch but the bathrooms.

I Don't KNOW OJ is not innocent..I wasn't there.

Although the wrongful death verdict after his not guilty (in the murder trial) verdict does make me think he did do it.

I'm curious.

Do we as a public have access to the court records?

Does Bo?

I doubt Bo would let Andy Christianson play on a technicality.

Lie detector tests may not be admissible in a court of law, and I don't know how accurate they are, but I would think in this situation they could be put to use.

I hope both "parties" are able to put this past them.

So if a woman wears a skirt to the bar she is asking for someone to fondle her? If so wow. :moreinteresting:nanalama

Half the time you don't need an imagination, because when they are sitting down, all is there for the world to see. They do this to get attention, do you want your daughter going to bars showing off her cookie to the whole world? I'd atleast want her to put panties on, and maybe a skirt that doesn't have her cheeks hanging out. Doesn't seem like that much to ask. As for the fondling part, he wasn't guilty so.................... What?

I am a big fan of cookies :corndance

Acquittal by no means equals innocence. It just means the state couldn't prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. He definitely acted thuggish at the bar and there is a strong(not ironclad but considerable) possibility he did finger the chick. If Dixon is gone I think AC should be gone, especially since it could look kinda bad to the black players for Teafetiller and AC to get passes but not Dixon. But it's not my call to make.