Andy Christiansen found Not Guilty

DaveH

Quick question for all of you that live close to Lincoln, have the cops really gotten overly aggressive in the past decade or are these guys just screwing up that bad? When I was in college back in the early to mid-90's, the cops really left everyone for the most part alone. Farley's first DUI came about because of his stupidity. The cops took him home once and told him to leave the car parked until 8 the next morning. Later on that night, he was pulled over for the second time and this is when he received his DUI. A lot of things seemed to get "swept under the rug" 12-15 years ago.

Quick question for all of you that live close to Lincoln, have the cops really gotten overly aggressive in the past decade or are these guys just screwing up that bad? When I was in college back in the early to mid-90's, the cops really left everyone for the most part alone. Farley's first DUI came about because of his stupidity. The cops took him home once and told him to leave the car parked until 8 the next morning. Later on that night, he was pulled over for the second time and this is when he received his DUI. A lot of things seemed to get "swept under the rug" 12-15 years ago.

The priorities of the Lincoln police department are...strange. They are also severely understaffed. But yes, compared to 10-12 years ago, they have tried to crack down more on partying, underage drinking, DUI, etc.

The priorities of the Lincoln police department are...strange. They are also severely understaffed. But yes, compared to 10-12 years ago, they have tried to crack down more on partying, underage drinking, DUI, etc.

It is equal opportunity cracking down though...they are not targeting the players unless they are called by someone. The players last year put themselves on the radar screen by some of their antics. There is no problem with partying, but they need to be smart about it. Kids are going to party...

No, they are not targeting players. However, UNL students in general are not able to get away with nearly what they used to. 10 years ago they would go to a party of 400+ people and disperse it without ever handing out an MIP or anything. This is certainly not the case now. Starting around 1999 or so, the LPD began seriously cracking down on typical college behavior that was often excused (as long as it wasn't causing any serious problems) before. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, I'm just saying it's a fact.

When I was in college 15 years ago, I only remember one kid ever getting an MIP and that was because he was drinking outside of the house along the sidewalk. Typically, the parties would get busted but they just told everyone to go home. They might come back again, and do the same thing an hour later. If they come back 3 times, that's when you'd better be running because their patience was worn thin by then.

When I was in college 15 years ago, I only remember one kid ever getting an MIP and that was because he was drinking outside of the house along the sidewalk. Typically, the parties would get busted but they just told everyone to go home. They might come back again, and do the same thing an hour later. If they come back 3 times, that's when you'd better be running because their patience was worn thin by then.

well i can tell you that they do come and basically just tell everyone to leave... once they give you a bit of time, they often search the house, anyone caught still there gets an MIP. i've seen once where they've come back, but not a lot

does he have a RS left? to me that would make the most sense here. he is not in game shape.... and it gives him a year to prove his commitment to the team. plus if we really needed him we could always pull the RS.

I read in an article that he used his redshirt. This would be his last year if he is brought back.

The entire situation is just terrible. I'm glad I don't have to make any decisions concerning it. I also will not question Bo's decision.

The increase in enforcement is do to the need to earn more $$$ for the city. Cost of doing buisness has gone up for everyone i guess. :dunno Seems everything's a violation or citation anymore. But when your acting foolish, or driving hammered,you get what you get!

I don't think it would be wise for him to be drinking period, especially if he's capable of this kind of behavior. We've all been the beligerant one a time or two, but this was something else. There's a point in every situation where you can and should step away, and obviously this man didn't.

If he gets his head right, and life back in order; then football might be in his future. But I'd rather it not be with the Huskers.

I don't think it would be wise for him to be drinking period, especially if he's capable of this kind of behavior. We've all been the beligerant one a time or two, but this was something else. There's a point in every situation where you can and should step away, and obviously this man didn't.

If he gets his head right, and life back in order; then football might be in his future. But I'd rather it not be with the Huskers.

:yeah

Come on guys who hasent made a mistake while drinking?? The guy made a mistake he got drunk and made a bad choice, manned up to his actions and the court will take care of it.. He has already missed out on one game plus all the spring/fall practices with his team mates.. I say let him back on the team an lets let him move on with his life...

I have worked downtown at a bar alot of the old football players (clean cut players) drank at and yea they did alot of stupid stuff but you have to accept it an move on.. Kicking someone off a team doesnt always solve the problem, the person has to learn from his mistakes and get on with his life.. You dont think be accused of a sexual crime didnt scare the hell out of him?? To me thats punishment enough..

Wait a minute..When did he "Man up"?

If he really did (confess) that sheds a whole new light on the subject.

I hope he's innocent, and even if he is, getting back on the team might not be his highest priority right now..If I were him, I might want to keep a lower profile and concentrate on finishing up on classes somewhere they don't know me...Or at least join forces with OJ and help look for the "real" murderers

Once again, if he wouldn't have put himself in he position...he wouldn't have been in trouble. Period. Bad Judgement when you are a target anyway. Why do you think the cops were there? Maybe because the place has a reputation for trouble? In one word..."Duh!"

How? just by drinking in a bar?

There's a lot to be said for acting like a monk to stay out of trouble, but you also have to be realistic..These are probably the last best times for most of these kids to have fun in life..Before Mortgages and Exes and Children you only get to see on alternate weekends.