new rule (or idea for a rule) for conference standings

I think if you beat every team in your division you should be declared automatic division champions. For example lets say Nebraska beats Missouri, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas & Kansas State but then loses to Texas Tech & Oklahoma & Missouri beats Texas & wins the rest of their conference games, Nebraska should still be declared automatic division champs since they defeated every single team in their conference division head 2 head. thoughts?

I think if you beat every team in your division you should be declared automatic division champions. For example lets say Nebraska beats Missouri, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas & Kansas State but then loses to Texas Tech & Oklahoma & Missouri beats Texas & wins the rest of their conference games, Nebraska should still be declared automatic division champs since they defeated every single team in their conference division head 2 head. thoughts?

It sounds good, but unfortunately every game you play against a big12 opponent whether it be north or south counts on your conference record, so if Nebraska runs the table against the north teams and beats Baylor, but loses to OU and TTech we would have a 6-2 record, if Mizzou beat every team in the big12 except Nebraska they would have a 7-1 record and win the big12 north. It's not a bad idea, but one of the best things about college football is that every game counts!

I know some people are going to hate this idea but I would like to see the North and South divisions disappear and just take the top 2 teams in the Big 12 to play in the Championship.

Thoughts?

Good idea, unfortunatly that would also require everyteam to play against one another. Maybe if we drop the two worst teams from the division and pare it down to 10 it might work. A few less OOC games, but it would get rid of any doubt.

I know some people are going to hate this idea but I would like to see the North and South divisions disappear and just take the top 2 teams in the Big 12 to play in the Championship.

Thoughts?

I completely agree with this. That would be the way for the OU-NU game to exist every year. Don't necessarily have to drop teams, the big 10 has 11 teams and has a conference schedule similar to this. The conference has kinda been screwed by 1 division being weaker than the other several times(96, 97, 98, 99, 2004, 2005, 2006) Each one of these years, the 2 best teams in the conference were in the same division.

Thoughts?

I completely agree with this. That would be the way for the OU-NU game to exist every year. Don't necessarily have to drop teams, the big 10 has 11 teams and has a conference schedule similar to this. The conference has kinda been screwed by 1 division being weaker than the other several times(96, 97, 98, 99, 2004, 2005, 2006) Each one of these years, the 2 best teams in the conference were in the same division.

Only reason I suggested booting two of the lesser conference teams is so that all conference teams would be able to play each other while being able to schedule some (hopefully) high profile non-con games.

Thoughts?

Only reason I suggested booting two of the lesser conference teams is so that all conference teams would be able to play each other while being able to schedule some (hopefully) high profile non-con games.

That works too, but it may be difficult to ditch 2 teams at this point.

I am sure Baylor would love to go to another lesser conference where they could actually win some games.. Who would you suggest the other team be to get rid of??

I would say ISU just because of there location (Sorry Cy). But I would like to keep all 12 and just have one big Conference, just like how the Big 10/11 does it.

I just wish they would stop making losses in championship games count. All the conferences that have championship games get screwed hard.

Well, OU made the NC game and lost the Big 12 Championship game. NU never even made the Big 12 Championship game, yet we still played for a NC. How do the conferences that have a championship game get screwed hard? Seriously, just about ever other organized sport has a playoff. I'm still trying to figure out why there isn't one for D1 football.