Larry Asante

i think Asante's problem is obvious and it's his intelligence... we know this guy has athleticism to compete ... i think Coach Sanders and the other coaches can and will do what it takes to correct his mistakes.... it's just a lot of Husker fans are frustrated and impatient .... let's give this staff some time to make the adjustment with Larry Asante and see what happens

Could Larry Asante be another Cortney Crixby :dunno

Man I hope so because Grixby was one of the few that played really well last season.

Anyway, wasn't it Asante that got beat on that 40(?) yard pass play in the 4th quarter? Was really the only big play we gave up in the 2nd half. I don't remember if it was him or not.

Could Larry Asante be another Cortney Crixby :dunno

Man I hope so because Grixby was one of the few that played really well last season.

Anyway, wasn't it Asante that got beat on that 40(?) yard pass play in the 4th quarter? Was really the only big play we gave up in the 2nd half. I don't remember if it was him or not.

Yes it was him.

Could Larry Asante be another Cortney Grixby :dunno

I didn't mean that to be a good thing. Grixby was getting so much crap from the fans of not being a really good DB and I remember going to a home game and he allowed a long pass or something and hearing the students yelling "One More Year" or "He's a Senior" (which at that time he was a Junior so I don't know why they were saying the senior part). But Grixby did have an outstanding year last year from previous years.

O’Hanlon shouldn’t get a pass in this discussion either. He has been just as bad as Asante.

I disagree. O'Hanlon has looked pretty good the few times I've seen him. He's made some mistakes, but he's pretty fast and athletic. I haven't seen either Culbert or Thenarse play, so no reason to think anyone should be replacing Matt.

I've noticed quite a few people complaining about O'Hanlon or saying we really need Thenarse to start (I'm not referring to the poster I'm quoting). I think this has more to do with him being a "walk-on" as opposed to a "scholarship" player. IMO, that has absolutely nothing to do with playing well or who starts.

Could Larry Asante be another Cortney Grixby :dunno

If by Cortney Grixby you mean the guy that was almost always in position but had terrible safeties behind him for him to rely on then I hope so. On most of those plays when he gets "burned" deep his safety is suppose to have the back side..mostly it was Shanle from two years ago. If Shanle would have been in position Grixby would have looked great. But no our safeties would be two steps to late already and would still go for the INT anyway leaving our Corners out to dry.