Andy C is back

hskerholic

Andy Christenson(sp) is back and suspened for the sjs new mexico state and the bye week then will join the team for proactice, just heard on Unsportmenlike conduct on 1620 the zone.

fust so you know AC was practicing today

Wait, I'm missing this...from a race perspective?

Why?

Allegations against A.C. > allegations against Kevin Dixon.

Not to mention, Teafatiller playing with multiple D.U.I. charges.

(sorry if I butchered his last name.)

Dixon's charges aren't allegations. Didn't he plead no contest to marijane charges? However, I'm not sure how that is any worse than resisting arrest and assault on police equipment. I wouldn't think marijane would be worse than DUI's either, but maybe it has something to do with the unity council.

Dixon was never charged with anything:

A small bag of marijuana allegedly was found in the car, Oestmann said. The driver, Lisa Iznaga, 25, and Dixon, who was a passenger, were cited on suspicion of possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.

The 21-year-old Dixon pleaded not guilty to the charge; prosecutors later dismissed the case.

That charge came after an incident on July 4, when UNL police allegedly caught Dixon urinating in public near Andersen Hall, Oestmann said. On July 24, prosecutors charged Dixon with littering for the act, but the case was dismissed to pre-trial diversion.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/0...1856.txt?orss=1

my take with the Dixon dismissal is this.

After he got caught with the "Oregano", Bo told him that he was going to be subject to random drug testing, and that he would be on a Zero tolerance. Dixon failed a drug test and was dismissed.

Just my guess, but it makes sense to me so I am going with that

I think you almost have to take him back. He was found not guilty on the worst charges. Not taking him back would be like Bo saying "I know a jury of your peers found you innocent, but I still think you did it so F off."

He was drunk in a bar that he was not supposed to be in, was involved in an altercation, admitted that he poured beer over a woman's head, refused to follow the lawful orders of police officers, resisted arrest, assaulted police officers and deliberately damaged the officer's car. These are all by his own admission or by guilty verdict.

Not enough for you, Dave? I would have been very pleased if he wasn't invited back. At the least he should have to complete substance abuse and anger management programs before he can come back. Who cares if he can help the team?

He was drunk in a bar that he was not supposed to be in, was involved in an altercation, admitted that he poured beer over a woman's head, refused to follow the lawful orders of police officers, resisted arrest, assaulted police officers and deliberately damaged the officer's car. These are all by his own admission or by guilty verdict.

Not enough for you, Dave? I would have been very pleased if he wasn't invited back. At the least he should have to complete substance abuse and anger management programs before he can come back. Who cares if he can help the team?

1. The players ban on downtown didn't take effect until after this incident.

2. I only care what Bo and Tom think, they think 6 months of hell and 3 missed games is enough punishment, I say ok.

I think you almost have to take him back. He was found not guilty on the worst charges. Not taking him back would be like Bo saying "I know a jury of your peers found you innocent, but I still think you did it so F off."

Thought the "no Bar" rule came as a result of this and maybe one other incident.

I was once told by a couple of Lincoln Police Officers that I threw them across a room after breaking my collar bone and 5 ribs..and dislocating my shoulder in a M/C accident..

I sought them out to apologize a couple months later, but I still don't remember.. or totally believe them.

Maybe he thought they were Buff fans and trying to abduct him.. :dunno

WOW!!! I hope that no one ever gives you a second chance in life. You're worse than California... 1 strike and you're out must be how you see it! Glad to see you're all so forgiving, especially when you probably only know 25% of the TRUE story. I don't know AC myself, but I am willing to give him a second chance in life. Bo has said there is a zero tolerence from here on out, and I am fine with that.

Either way, he is back. Move on with your life.... and don't ever get in trouble, you won't get a second chance! :sarcasm

:clap:clap:clap Everyone clap there's an abusive, arrogant athlete with mental and alcohol problems back on the team. Congrats on bringing back character too the program. Never been so proud! :clap:clap:clap

Harsh? Hell yes, can't find it in me to graciously allow a guy like this back. Excuse me if I don't bend over backwards to $&*# *^$ @%#* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! I hope that no one ever gives you a second chance in life. You're worse than California... 1 strike and you're out must be how you see it! Glad to see you're all so forgiving, especially when you probably only know 25% of the TRUE story. I don't know AC myself, but I am willing to give him a second chance in life. Bo has said there is a zero tolerence from here on out, and I am fine with that.

Either way, he is back. Move on with your life.... and don't ever get in trouble, you won't get a second chance! :sarcasm

Well I for one can't believe Bo and TO would let AC back on the team. Good Lord, drunk hands up a girls skirt and a "slap on the wrist"?? I don't disagree with giving the kid a "second chance" but not on the football team. I think these kids need to take playing for Nebraska a little more seriously. Ban them from the Brass Rail and any other bar for that matter on a Friday. Maybe they'll play better if not "hungover".

Scott