Lance Thorell?

DJR313

Anybody ever hear of this kid? He played quite a bit tonight, I had never heard of him before nor seen him on a depth chart. Kind of strange, but good for Lance getting some PT.

Uhh...Gesundheit? Hmm...where did he play? I'll just ask w/o looking anything up, but that's cool if we're actually seeing kids getting some reps that maybe otherwise wouldn't be getting them

Was a hell of a track sprinter at Loomis. Might be mistaken but may have won the 100,200 and I am fairly for sure that he won the 400 in 49something his senior year. Small town kid that is a multi-sport athlete, wasn't that a staple for us back in the day?

Good deal, sounds kinda like Levorson from Crete. For his first game, I thought he played pretty well. The game experience will be much needed, because he will probably be called upon in the Dime package later on this season.

Seems like Loomis never has a shortage of Thorells.

(7 miles from my hometown).

ZPFYBBGQFPHZBDT.20080519195032.JPG

Honors and Awards

2007 Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll

2008 Big 12 Commissioner’s Spring Academic Honor Roll

2008 Outlook

An excellent all-around athlete in high school, Lance Thorell performed well during spring practice, making the most of his repetitions at cornerback. The walk-on player from Loomis, Neb., spent time with the Huskers’ second defensive unit and enters the fall listed as a reserve behind projected starters Armando Murillo and Anthony West. Thorell is also a likely candidate to see action on the Huskers’ special teams units.

2007 (Redshirt)

Thorell sat out his first season as a redshirt.

Before Nebraska (Loomis HS)

Thorell was a standout on both sides of the ball for Loomis High School, helping the Wolves to the Class D-1 state quarterfinals in 2006. Thorell earned first-team Class D-1 all-state honors at defensive back from the Lincoln Journal Star after totaling 118 tackles and four interceptions as a senior. He added more than 1,000 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns while also playing running back for Loomis.

Thorell also excelled on the track as a member of Loomis’ Class D state champion track team. He set the state Class D record in the 110-meter hurdles on his way to a gold medal at the state track meet, as well as taking home the gold in the 300-meter hurdles. He also placed in the long jump and 400 meter dash at the 2007 state track meet.

Personal

Lance is the son of Mike Thorell and Kristi Thorell and he was born on Oct. 16, 1988. He has not declared a major, but was named to Big 12 Commissioner’s Academic Honor Roll each of his first two semesters.

I was thinking, the 1st time I'd heard of him, he was MVP of the District Basketball tournament When Loomis beat my Cousins Son's Arapaho team to go to State.