Nebraska to play Wyoming in Denver...

:sarcasm Thanks for insulting my intelligence. Maybe Colorado should play ISU in Lincoln...that make you happy too? I actually live in Nevada, dude. I would like to see the Wyoming-Nebraska game BUT NOT IN freakin' Colorado. I have total dislike for Colorado fans, and you know some of them will show up because they have nothing better to do in their miserable lives. If you are a Husker fan, and you live in Colorado, suck it up and drive to Lincoln or even to Cheyenne for the game, otherwise shut up and stay home.

First, CU fans aren't as bad as you're making out.

Second, CU fans are very few. Most of the people you see rooting for CU are students and Denver Broncos fans who don't really care about the Buffs.

Third, I doubt more than about a dozen CU fans would bother showing up to root against NU. They hate CSU almost as much as NU and they don't invade CSU's games.

Fourth, it makes good sense to play the game in a larger stadium since TONS of NU fans live in and around the front range and will probably go to the game, and Denver is only about 2 hours from Cheyenne.

Fifth, would you even go if the game was in Cheyenne? If not, then maybe you should shut up and stay home while the rest of us enjoy the game.

Hell yeah I would go to Cheyenne for a game!! I drive a truck, so I could get through there easy!! You evidently didn't read that I actually live in Nevada? If I can get to Lincoln, I damn sure can get through Cheyenne. I could go to Denver, but you know, I just haven't really liked the hospitality of Coloridiots when I have attended games in Colorado. They are a long shot from ever being close to being good fans.

You are probably right, there are probably some good Colorado fans...unfortunately, the ones that are so much more easily noticed are the idiots (student's I am sure - that, btw, would have nothing better to do on a Saturday than to go to a Nebraska-Wyoming game and raise hell).

You really think CU students will spend time and money to go down to Denver? Just to tweak some Husker fans? They not only have to pay to get there, but the tickets won't be student rates.

Anyways, feel free to keep hating on Colorado and the having a game in Denver, but I like living here just fine and am hoping the schools manage to get something together at Mile High.

:sarcasm Thanks for insulting my intelligence. Maybe Colorado should play ISU in Lincoln...that make you happy too? I actually live in Nevada, dude. I would like to see the Wyoming-Nebraska game BUT NOT IN freakin' Colorado. I have total dislike for Colorado fans, and you know some of them will show up because they have nothing better to do in their miserable lives. If you are a Husker fan, and you live in Colorado, suck it up and drive to Lincoln or even to Cheyenne for the game, otherwise shut up and stay home.

Second, CU fans are very few. Most of the people you see rooting for CU are students and Denver Broncos fans who don't really care about the Buffs.

Third, I doubt more than about a dozen CU fans would bother showing up to root against NU. They hate CSU almost as much as NU and they don't invade CSU's games.

Fourth, it makes good sense to play the game in a larger stadium since TONS of NU fans live in and around the front range and will probably go to the game, and Denver is only about 2 hours from Cheyenne.

Fifth, would you even go if the game was in Cheyenne? If not, then maybe you should shut up and stay home while the rest of us enjoy the game.

Hell yeah I would go to Cheyenne for a game!! I drive a truck, so I could get through there easy!! You evidently didn't read that I actually live in Nevada? If I can get to Lincoln, I damn sure can get through Cheyenne. I could go to Denver, but you know, I just haven't really liked the hospitality of Coloridiots when I have attended games in Colorado. They are a long shot from ever being close to being good fans.

You are probably right, there are probably some good Colorado fans...unfortunately, the ones that are so much more easily noticed are the idiots (student's I am sure - that, btw, would have nothing better to do on a Saturday than to go to a Nebraska-Wyoming game and raise hell).

You really think CU students will spend time and money to go down to Denver? Just to tweak some Husker fans? They not only have to pay to get there, but the tickets won't be student rates.

Anyways, feel free to keep hating on Colorado and the having a game in Denver, but I like living here just fine and am hoping the schools manage to get something together at Mile High.

Not sure how he generalizes the entire state/fans off of views of a few games. I know first hand that CU fans suck horribly, but I have friends that attend CU and know that there are quite a few good fans. CU's program is not nearly as state-spread as Nebraska's is.

:sarcasm I do believe that if they think they can get drunk and raise some hell they would show up...but you did maybe make one good point...they wouldn't get student rates...if we were lucky, they wouldn't be able to afford the tickets and not show up. That don't mean that they won't be in the parking lot vandalizing any car with Nebraska plates on it though.

I think there is plenty of video on utube, etc, that will back up my assertion that there are a lot of fans in Colorado that don't know how to act in public when it comes to football games.

You have your silly game in Denver...hope you enjoy it, and GBR! :bonez

Sixth, using the word "dude" as a retort, automatically gets you a free ride on the short bus.

This thread sure took a wrong turn somewhere.

For one why was Cheyenne even brought up, do you want to play Wyoming in the Cheyenne Frontier Days arena because that is the closest thing to a stadium in that town. I would prefer the game be in Laramie(which for those that don't know is where the University of Wyoming is located), but our stadium is small. So they moved it to Denver in to a Pro stadium in a town or geographic area that beleive it or not has a rather large amount of Husker fans not too mention a few Poke fans as well.

Now for Colorado fans showing up to ruin your good time, just find the closest Wyoming fan and we can go kick their arogant ass together, but I doubt we'll have to worry about that.

And for HuskerTrucker just bring a tanker to the game and I'll get you a back haul back home

Who is the IDIOT that scheduled this game in Denver? What were they thinking, that the state of Nebraska would want to have a sleepover with Ralphie or what??

News Flash: Colorado sucks what Wyoming blows.

You sir, are quite ignorant. Having lived in Fort Collins, CO for the entirety of my life ('cept for my recent move to UNL :) ), you must realize there is a huge fan base of Huskers located in N. Colorado and throughout the Front Range. This game allows them to watch the Huskers if they can't make the 8-hour+ drive across Nebraska to games here. You seem to have this theory that once you cross the border into Colorado it's Buff territory, but having lived there, I reassure you that the CU program is weak, and gets little support compared to what I have seen having lived in Lincoln for 5 weeks now. Boulder is considered a hippie-filled drug town where I used to live.

Overall, I think this new series is a good idea, even if Wyoming has a weak program.

You sir, just dropped to a new level of stupidity. Sorry you have the misfortune of living in Nevada? (Totally irrelevant to the argument for you to include that). First of all, Iowa State is in the Big 12, Wyoming is in the MWC. Very few Colorado fans will take money they could be spending on drugs to come to a NU-Wyo game at Mile High.

You must realize that most of us Husker fans did suck it up and leave class/work early and drive all night to come out to games in Lincoln, and then drive back before Monday. So unlike you, I am going to be a man, and drive 8 hours back out to Denver from UNL, and enjoy the game.

Thank you, come again.

Folks, we have some hard-and-fast rules on this Board, and one of them is no personal attacks. If you must descend to juvenile name-calling, take it to the 'Shed. Continue it outside the 'Shed, and bans follow.

Attack the post all you want - post whatever you think refutes the statement you disagree with. But don't attack the poster.

If you're unfamiliar with the rules - which you shouldn't be, since you had to agree to them when you signed and they were displayed during the registration - take a moment and read them. The link is at the top right of every page.

http://huskersgameday.com/2008/09/16/nebra...s-with-wyoming/

Look for NU to announce a long-term series with Wyoming soon, with the first game to be a Cowboys home game set in Denver’s Invesco Stadium.

YAWN. :dunno

can't do any better than that?

NMS busy?

how about find some competition.

GO BO!!

how many BCS games do you want us to play a year? are we supposed to play an OOC schedule that consists of 4 of the following every year?

Florida

Miami

Georgia

USC

Virgina Tech

Arkansas

Alabama

Oregon

UCLA

Tennessee

Michigan

Ohio State

seriously. its not like we're playing a bunch of FCS schools for our non-conference. games.....

Look for NU to announce a long-term series with Wyoming soon, with the first game to be a Cowboys home game set in Denver’s Invesco Stadium.

NMS busy?

GO BO!!

how many BCS games do you want us to play a year? are we supposed to play an OOC schedule that consists of 4 of the following every year?

Florida

Miami

Georgia

USC

Virgina Tech

Arkansas

Alabama

Oregon

UCLA

Tennessee

Michigan

Ohio State

seriously. its not like we're playing a bunch of FCS schools for our non-conference. games.....

scheduled games like the first three games this year, should NOT happen at schools with the football tradition of NU.

wyoming??

wyoming??

florida, fla st, miami, LSU, USC, lots of choices other than wmu, sjs, nms, or wyoming. why not schedule the girl scouts?

gimme a break. those are the kind of teams isu NEEDS to play.

not NU!!

GO BO!!

NMS busy?

GO BO!!

Florida

Miami

Georgia

USC

Virgina Tech

Arkansas

Alabama

Oregon

UCLA

Tennessee

Michigan

Ohio State

scheduled games like the first three games this year, should NOT happen at schools with the football tradition of NU.

wyoming??

wyoming??

florida, fla st, miami, LSU, USC, lots of choices other than wmu, sjs, nms, or wyoming. why not schedule the girl scouts?

gimme a break. those are the kind of teams isu NEEDS to play.

not NU!!

GO BO!!

I think that you people forget that this is a BUSINESS - sp signed some bad contracts with high guarentees for the opponets. Nowdays lesser teams can demand a home game and if this can get NEBRASKA 1 million or more to show up in Denver then so be it.

Don't underestimate the smaller schools. Parity is doing it's magic, and they are not just a give me anymore. I have no problem playing one major school and two lesser schools. No way would I want a schedule that involved 11 games that week to week these kids have to be at the top of their game...mentally it is impossible to expect that of them.