Nebraska to play Wyoming in Denver...

This rumor came up a few months ago and I thought it was dead......

I live in Denver and it is estimated that there are 25,000 husker fans in the Colorado Front Range, not to mention Western Neb. Former Huskers were doing autograph signings in the Westminster Mall last Saturday. The support is here!!

I think this is the best idea in the world!! I do have to claim some bias bc/ i live here but all the same. What other CO Huskers have said here is true. This game would be a huge success.

Also, as for Buff fan. There really just aren't that many of them. They need us to sell out their stadium when we play. Because I do see many of their fans as hostile and uneducated when it comes to college football, I'd love to be able to say "You are so bad at supporting your team that we can play home games in your state!!"

I honestly believe that NU- Wyo would outsell CU-CSU at Invesco.

Its odd to me that some people are concerned WYO will weaken our non-conference schedule. We've got 3 decades of tradition that includes cupcake openers. Adding USC was a bold step on SP and BC's part and it helped seal (seel?- why doesn't that look right) their fates.

WYO at least makes sense because they are a neighbor state and it would be good for college football fanbases in the region.

Anyone remember the Wyoming game in 1994? One of our N.C. years. We could had gotten beat that day. I was there. We had the upper-hand much of the game until the fourth quarter when the Cowboys made a run on us. We were ahead I think 24-7, and they closed it to 24-21 and got the ball back deep in their territory in the last few minutes of the game. The fear was that Wyoming would start driving on us again, but they immediately fumbled the ball back to us. And we got a T.D. to end the game 31-21. I will tell you that they gave us a scare that day. Perhaps the only team in the regular season that year that had us on our heals in the fourth quarter.

Anyone remember the Wyoming game in 1994? One of our N.C. years. We could had gotten beat that day. I was there. We had the upper-hand much of the game until the fourth quarter when the Cowboys made a run on us. We were ahead I think 24-7, and they closed it to 24-21 and got the ball back deep in their territory in the last few minutes of the game. The fear was that Wyoming would start driving on us again, but they immediately fumbled the ball back to us. And we got a T.D. to end the game 31-21. I will tell you that they gave us a scare that day. Perhaps the only team in the regular season that year that had us on our heals in the fourth quarter.

Wasn't that the game where Tommie was out and Brook had a collapsed lung? I don't know why everyone dogs WY. I think either Auburn or Tennessee has played them in the past few years. It's not like we are playing Maine again. I would love to see the game at Mile Hi. Saves me the 7 hour drive to Lincoln, great exposure, and a chance to expand the fan and recruiting base.

Wasn't that the game where Tommie was out and Brook had a collapsed lung? I don't know why everyone dogs WY. I think either Auburn or Tennessee has played them in the past few years. It's not like we are playing Maine again. I would love to see the game at Mile Hi. Saves me the 7 hour drive to Lincoln, great exposure, and a chance to expand the fan and recruiting base.

I believe you are right on that. It's also the game where one of the biggest highlight hits in husker history came from.

1:23 mark, not the best angle of the hit though

I'm pretty sure I say an NU-WYO game in Lincoln sometime in the 80's. It was cold as a mother f###### that day. Did I hallucinate this?

I believe you're correct on that, though I'm too lazy to look it up. I do remember Jay Novacek scoring a touchdown in Lincoln, which would have had to been in the 80's.

I know for a fact that Wyoming came to Lincoln in 1994, and gave us quite a scare. I believe they were up 21-7 before we went on to win 42-32.

This is exactly the type of middle of the road team we need on the schedule. One BCS school, one WAC (or equivelant there of) school, and a MAC or Sunbelt school. Good formula. Leave the D-IAA teams to Kansas St.

This rumor came up a few months ago and I thought it was dead......

I live in Denver and it is estimated that there are 25,000 husker fans in the Colorado Front Range, not to mention Western Neb. Former Huskers were doing autograph signings in the Westminster Mall last Saturday. The support is here!!

I think this is the best idea in the world!! I do have to claim some bias bc/ i live here but all the same. What other CO Huskers have said here is true. This game would be a huge success.

Also, as for Buff fan. There really just aren't that many of them. They need us to sell out their stadium when we play. Because I do see many of their fans as hostile and uneducated when it comes to college football, I'd love to be able to say "You are so bad at supporting your team that we can play home games in your state!!"

I honestly believe that NU- Wyo would outsell CU-CSU at Invesco.

I like the way you think...but that is about the only reason I would ever want to see a game in Colorado.

Its odd to me that some people are concerned WYO will weaken our non-conference schedule. We've got 3 decades of tradition that includes cupcake openers. Adding USC was a bold step on SP and BC's part and it helped seal (seel?- why doesn't that look right) their fates.

Eh. Nebraska has faced plenty of good competition over the past 3 decades. SP and BC were not around when the USC game would have been scheduled. In fact USC was pretty crappy when the game was scheduled and Nebraska was awesome.

I think it is smart. Western Nebraska is a LONG way from Lincoln. In ol Sydney, the big city is Denver. You will win every year, it will be fun and hyped up, Wyoming will like the exposure, and did it is a good way to play a speed bump game early in the year. A lot more fun than hosting Western Michigan... Which is Boring... I think it is a good idea. How many would show up, not so sure bout that part, there are lots of GBR folks out there but you need a lot for an NFL stadium.... Wyoming very small...