Nebraska to play Wyoming in Denver...

C'mon lets start scheduling some harder non conference games ugh....but then again to get anywhere in College Football you have to beat mediocre teams. I think we just scheduled this game because the head coach is from Nebraska.

Anymore these days, big-time programs are becoming more and more leary of scheduling tough non-conference games because they fear one loss could hurt their MNC chances. Not too mention, parity is beginning to turn these "cupcake" teams into teams that, if you're not careful, can put a whoopin' on you (re: TCU vs OU, Appalachian St vs Michigan, etc). And now that Strength of Schedule isn't supposed to be taken into account, I'd look for more and more mid-tier teams showing up on future schedules

Wyoming certainly isn't a powerhouse, but I think it might be a fun, especially if it's played in Denver.

Good exposure and a nice opportunity for fans in Western Nebraska to see the Huskers.

One important factor behind the recently scheduled games (Miami, Fresno, Wyoming in Denver):

Translation: this allows the Huskers to expand their recruiting efforts to California, Denver, and Florida

Can't underestimate the impact on recruits for Nebraska to be able to say, not only are you coming to a fine institution, but you will also get to play a game in your home city/state.

Who is the IDIOT that scheduled this game in Denver? What were they thinking, that the state of Nebraska would want to have a sleepover with Ralphie or what??

News Flash: Colorado sucks what Wyoming blows.

You sir, are quite ignorant. Having lived in Fort Collins, CO for the entirety of my life ('cept for my recent move to UNL :) ), you must realize there is a huge fan base of Huskers located in N. Colorado and throughout the Front Range. This game allows them to watch the Huskers if they can't make the 8-hour+ drive across Nebraska to games here. You seem to have this theory that once you cross the border into Colorado it's Buff territory, but having lived there, I reassure you that the CU program is weak, and gets little support compared to what I have seen having lived in Lincoln for 5 weeks now. Boulder is considered a hippie-filled drug town where I used to live.

Overall, I think this new series is a good idea, even if Wyoming has a weak program.

Who is the IDIOT that scheduled this game in Denver? What were they thinking, that the state of Nebraska would want to have a sleepover with Ralphie or what??

You sir, are quite ignorant. Having lived in Fort Collins, CO for the entirety of my life ('cept for my recent move to UNL :) ), you must realize there is a huge fan base of Huskers located in N. Colorado and throughout the Front Range. This game allows them to watch the Huskers if they can't make the 8-hour+ drive across Nebraska to games here. You seem to have this theory that once you cross the border into Colorado it's Buff territory, but having lived there, I reassure you that the CU program is weak, and gets little support compared to what I have seen having lived in Lincoln for 5 weeks now. Boulder is considered a hippie-filled drug town where I used to live.

Overall, I think this new series is a good idea, even if Wyoming has a weak program.

Correct. And Mile High (I refuse to call it Invesco) is a nice stadium. I know I'll be there if it happens.

:sarcasm Thanks for insulting my intelligence. Maybe Colorado should play ISU in Lincoln...that make you happy too? I actually live in Nevada, dude. I would like to see the Wyoming-Nebraska game BUT NOT IN freakin' Colorado. I have total dislike for Colorado fans, and you know some of them will show up because they have nothing better to do in their miserable lives. If you are a Husker fan, and you live in Colorado, suck it up and drive to Lincoln or even to Cheyenne for the game, otherwise shut up and stay home.

Great post. Invesco is a great staduim, although I prefer calling it Mile High myself, and there are many many many Husker Fans living up and down the front range that would jump at the chance to see our boys. I think it's great.

:sarcasm Thanks for insulting my intelligence. Maybe Colorado should play ISU in Lincoln...that make you happy too? I actually live in Nevada, dude. I would like to see the Wyoming-Nebraska game BUT NOT IN freakin' Colorado. I have total dislike for Colorado fans, and you know some of them will show up because they have nothing better to do in their miserable lives. If you are a Husker fan, and you live in Colorado, suck it up and drive to Lincoln or even to Cheyenne for the game, otherwise shut up and stay home.

First, CU fans aren't as bad as you're making out.

Second, CU fans are very few. Most of the people you see rooting for CU are students and Denver Broncos fans who don't really care about the Buffs.

Third, I doubt more than about a dozen CU fans would bother showing up to root against NU. They hate CSU almost as much as NU and they don't invade CSU's games.

Fourth, it makes good sense to play the game in a larger stadium since TONS of NU fans live in and around the front range and will probably go to the game, and Denver is only about 2 hours from Cheyenne.

Fifth, would you even go if the game was in Cheyenne? If not, then maybe you should shut up and stay home while the rest of us enjoy the game.

You sir, just dropped to a new level of stupidity. Sorry you have the misfortune of living in Nevada? (Totally irrelevant to the argument for you to include that). First of all, Iowa State is in the Big 12, Wyoming is in the MWC. Very few Colorado fans will take money they could be spending on drugs to come to a NU-Wyo game at Mile High.

You must realize that most of us Husker fans did suck it up and leave class/work early and drive all night to come out to games in Lincoln, and then drive back before Monday. So unlike you, I am going to be a man, and drive 8 hours back out to Denver from UNL, and enjoy the game.

Thank you, come again.

First, CU fans aren't as bad as you're making out.

Second, CU fans are very few. Most of the people you see rooting for CU are students and Denver Broncos fans who don't really care about the Buffs.

Third, I doubt more than about a dozen CU fans would bother showing up to root against NU. They hate CSU almost as much as NU and they don't invade CSU's games.

Fourth, it makes good sense to play the game in a larger stadium since TONS of NU fans live in and around the front range and will probably go to the game, and Denver is only about 2 hours from Cheyenne.

Fifth, would you even go if the game was in Cheyenne? If not, then maybe you should shut up and stay home while the rest of us enjoy the game.

Hell yeah I would go to Cheyenne for a game!! I drive a truck, so I could get through there easy!! You evidently didn't read that I actually live in Nevada? If I can get to Lincoln, I damn sure can get through Cheyenne. I could go to Denver, but you know, I just haven't really liked the hospitality of Coloridiots when I have attended games in Colorado. They are a long shot from ever being close to being good fans.

You are probably right, there are probably some good Colorado fans...unfortunately, the ones that are so much more easily noticed are the idiots (student's I am sure - that, btw, would have nothing better to do on a Saturday than to go to a Nebraska-Wyoming game and raise hell).