I hope im wrong

The reality of life is this: any team on any given Saturday is beatable, including Missouri and Texas Tech. Unfortunately there are other realities of life. The team with more talent usually wins. The team that is better coached usually wins. The team that gets more breaks usually wins. The team that has more experience usually wins.

I believe we have enough on offense to take both these teams to the wire. What remains to be seen is what this defense can do against real, raw, hungry talent. I'm glad we have the schedule we do. Our team has enough time to get the kinks worked out, play a pretty tough opponent in VA Tech, and then go into conference play with an idea of what we have to work with.

To beat Missouri and Tech we need to do two things. One, run the ball, kill the clock. And two, create turnovers. The more time our offense spends on the field and the less time theirs does, the better. Time of possession, red zone defense (field goals over TDs), converting third downs. Those are game keys.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. If we won two of our next three games it would pretty much be a Christmas miracle. Anything is possible, but not everything is probable.

I love the fact that "loyal" husker fans are resorting to the 'any given saturday' argument. 10-15 years ago, we never would have given any opponent any credit that they had any chance in hell of beating us.

Could we win? Yes. Could I win the lottery? Yes. ANYTHING is possible.

Shout out to all of the Chase "Booger" Daniels haters over the past 3 years....NEWSFLASH....The kid is a gamer. Oh, and that Macklin kid isn't bad either. And T-Tech? Sure they've got Michael Crabtree as a 1st round draft pick, but we have...uh...well...a walk-on that's starting.

Any given Saturday? Yes. Likelyhood? Small.

I must have missed where we have played anyone ranked above #90 in the country....

....by the way, have I mentioned that I was stuck listening to a drunk friend of mine (with his permanantly attached rose-colored glasses) talk about how we could win the National Champ this year???

Give me a break. I'm all about hoping we do well....I guess I'm just too much of a realist.

Oh yeah, Missouri looked awesome. Nothing like giving up 21 and fumbling 3 times against an opponent like Buffalo. Let's just hand them the NC trophy. Threads like this are getting old.

?????

Did you see Daniel's numbers?

Final score 42-21. When you can fumble 3 times and still kill your opponent you are a pretty good team.

Maybe you're right. If we win that game I'll come on here and tell all the MU haters that I was wrong and never should've doubted the corn. I hope you're right. At this point I just hope we stay close........

Have you watched them play? or any top ranked teams for that matter? There is a speed, and physicality that makes it look like a completely different game than we've played thus far.

Oh yeah, Missouri looked awesome. Nothing like giving up 21 and fumbling 3 times against an opponent like Buffalo. Let's just hand them the NC trophy. Threads like this are getting old.

:yeah Seriously old! "Ow we're so bad, we can't beat anyone in the top 50. Oh no we have nothing but a bunch of talentless walk-ons! Ow god what are we gonna do?" :ohnoes

Damn I can't wait till we beat a few of these teams. Then everyone will say, "I knew we weren't as bad as they said!" "Saw this coming a mile away!""Told you we would beat Mizzou!"

Have some damn pride in your team! I've heard guys in TX higher on our team than you "fans". To scared to be ...gasp... wrong? Grow some big red balls, and have a little faith in your team!

?????

Did you see Daniel's numbers?

Final score 42-21. When you can fumble 3 times and still kill your opponent you are a pretty good team.

Maybe you're right. If we win that game I'll come on here and tell all the MU haters that I was wrong and never should've doubted the corn. I hope you're right. At this point I just hope we stay close........

Have you watched them play? or any top ranked teams for that matter? There is a speed, and physicality that makes it look like a completely different game than we've played thus far.

Did you follow the game?

Mizzou was up 27-21 with Buffalo driving in the 4th quarter. Turnovers and penalties killed Buffalo in the 4th quarter. That was a tight game with Buffalo into the 4th quarter played at Columbia. Let that sink in for a second. Seems pretty similar to SJSU playing us tight into the 4th quarter.

I think Mizzou will struggle somewhat playing on the road. Will we win? I don't know, but I think it'll be a very close game and we'll have the opportunity to pull it out.

I love the fact that "loyal" husker fans are resorting to the 'any given saturday' argument. 10-15 years ago, we never would have given any opponent any credit that they had any chance in hell of beating us.

Could we win? Yes. Could I win the lottery? Yes. ANYTHING is possible.

Shout out to all of the Chase "Booger" Daniels haters over the past 3 years....NEWSFLASH....The kid is a gamer. Oh, and that Macklin kid isn't bad either. And T-Tech? Sure they've got Michael Crabtree as a 1st round draft pick, but we have...uh...well...a walk-on that's starting.

Any given Saturday? Yes. Likelyhood? Small.

I assume you're referring to my post. Somehow you managed to disregard the rest of it, even the rest the paragraph you're referencing, which is a neat trick, by the way. The meds must have wore off.

Anyway, 10-15 years ago anyone who thought Nebraska was unbeatable was an idiot. Even the '95 team. There is no such thing as an unbeatable team. There never has been. In hindsight it's amazing to think how good the 95 team was, and the USC Trojans are comparable in terms of raw talent. On paper they should never lose a game. Period. But year after year some po-dunk team strings them out for four quarters and then puts them away at the last minute. Some days everything just goes wrong. Chance has everyone by the balls, including Mizzou at T-Tech.

But that wasn't my point. If you had figured out a way to keep reading, you'd have seen the Reality Principle step right in. In all probability Mizzou will blow us out, and so will Texas Tech. Our offense has the chops to keep us in it for awhile, but if our defense gets thrashed, it'll be a hell of a long day. I can't say for sure what I expect to happen yet. Once the VA Tech game is over I'll have a better idea.

Oh, and I think our '95 team had something like five walk-ons starting.

Fellas theres a difference between drinkin the koolaid and drowning in it. I want to be optomistic and i try to be but can you honestly tell me that we have a chance against at least 3 of these teams this year. I dotn think we will win Mizzu, T-Tech, and Oklahoma. They are very very very good. We have a chance in winning and i hope we do but im not going to get myself setup for a heartache latter on. You guys have watch and heard the games as much as i have. How can our defence keep up with someone like chase daniels. How can our offence score in places like t-tech and oklahoma. The only thing going for us is missouri is at home and that is it. On paper we are beat buy them. Our team has talent but it is still being molded but to say we will be ready for a time like missouri in 2 weeks is crazy. Hell i think we have a better shot at oklahoma because our guys will have more gametime buy the time it comes to play them. Look at it on paper, watch them play. I bleed husker red through and through but some times it comes to know what is what. Baseing it on the games ive heard that is what im bettin on. We need more practices, more game time, and we just dont have it. I wish them luck and i root for them reguardless but im just being realistic.

Ben