I hope im wrong

Oh yeah, Missouri looked awesome. Nothing like giving up 21 and fumbling 3 times against an opponent like Buffalo. Let's just hand them the NC trophy. Threads like this are getting old.

:yeah Seriously old! "Ow we're so bad, we can't beat anyone in the top 50. Oh no we have nothing but a bunch of talentless walk-ons! Ow god what are we gonna do?" :ohnoes

Damn I can't wait till we beat a few of these teams. Then everyone will say, "I knew we weren't as bad as they said!" "Saw this coming a mile away!""Told you we would beat Mizzou!"

Have some damn pride in your team! I've heard guys in TX higher on our team than you "fans". To scared to be ...gasp... wrong? Grow some big red balls, and have a little faith in your team!

Nailed it.

Knock that crap off, I'm sick of all this negativity. :cop:

If it's not KoolAid it has to be the generic equivalent. But I do congratulate you on your blind loyalty to your team.

Someone said correctly that every team is beatable. Very true; however, every team is not beatable by every other team.

Oh yeah, Missouri looked awesome. Nothing like giving up 21 and fumbling 3 times against an opponent like Buffalo. Let's just hand them the NC trophy. Threads like this are getting old.

:yeah Seriously old! "Ow we're so bad, we can't beat anyone in the top 50. Oh no we have nothing but a bunch of talentless walk-ons! Ow god what are we gonna do?" :ohnoes

Damn I can't wait till we beat a few of these teams. Then everyone will say, "I knew we weren't as bad as they said!" "Saw this coming a mile away!""Told you we would beat Mizzou!"

Have some damn pride in your team! I've heard guys in TX higher on our team than you "fans". To scared to be ...gasp... wrong? Grow some big red balls, and have a little faith in your team!

Nailed it.

If it's not KoolAid it has to be the generic equivalent. But I do congratulate you on your blind loyalty to your team.

Someone said correctly that every team is beatable. Very true; however, every team is not beatable by every other team.

great 1st post *rolls eyes*

obviously the offensive power of Mizzou is blinding some MU fans even of the gaping holes in their defense... is mizzou good? yes. are they more talented than nebraska? yes. does that mean they will come into Memorial Stadium and beat a passionate, fired up Nebraska team? No. I mean, come on. 1st week, Mizzou gave up a TON to Illinois. A decent team. But it was just the 1st game, afterall. That is to be expected, a win is a win. Okay, good point. But after all the posts i read this past week saying how Mizzou would absolutely SHRED Buffalo (see this thread Link), and how the game would be over EARLY, i guess i expected more than a 27-21 Mizzou lead in the 3rd quarter? Yes, they won the game. Yes, great teams win games, no matter how they play. Props to the Tigers. But guess what? Playing like they are right now, Mizzou will not run the table. They may lose 2 even 3 games. The Big 12 is looking pretty strong. Yes, a lot of teams can beat each other. Mizzou could lose to CU and NU, but beat KU and Texas. and they could lose to KU, but beat everyone else. I mean, there are many different things that can happen, just ask Oklahoma. Are we going to be favored? No. Are we guaranteed to win? No. But guess what, MU isn't guaranteed either. Chase Daniel is a helluva QB. Maclin is fast. They will score against NU. But guess what, we have a TON better chance of beating MU here this year than we did last year. Any missouri fan that actually respects what missouri football is, and realizes what it is like to be a Tiger fan KNOWS that you don't just walk into Memorial Stadium and win a game. There is no such thing as an automatic win when a team comes into our place. MU fans that aren't fresh legs standing on the wagon will agree with that point. There are are a few Tiger fans here that respect this fact and know that Pinkel better have Chase n Co. ready to play come October 4th.

Nailed it.

great 1st post *rolls eyes*

obviously the offensive power of Mizzou is blinding some MU fans even of the gaping holes in their defense... is mizzou good? yes. are they more talented than nebraska? yes. does that mean they will come into Memorial Stadium and beat a passionate, fired up Nebraska team? No. I mean, come on. 1st week, Mizzou gave up a TON to Illinois. A decent team. But it was just the 1st game, afterall. That is to be expected, a win is a win. Okay, good point. But after all the posts i read this past week saying how Mizzou would absolutely SHRED Buffalo (see this thread Link), and how the game would be over EARLY, i guess i expected more than a 27-21 Mizzou lead in the 3rd quarter? Yes, they won the game. Yes, great teams win games, no matter how they play. Props to the Tigers. But guess what? Playing like they are right now, Mizzou will not run the table. They may lose 2 even 3 games. The Big 12 is looking pretty strong. Yes, a lot of teams can beat each other. Mizzou could lose to CU and NU, but beat KU and Texas. and they could lose to KU, but beat everyone else. I mean, there are many different things that can happen, just ask Oklahoma. Are we going to be favored? No. Are we guaranteed to win? No. But guess what, MU isn't guaranteed either. Chase Daniel is a helluva QB. Maclin is fast. They will score against NU. But guess what, we have a TON better chance of beating MU here this year than we did last year. Any missouri fan that actually respects what missouri football is, and realizes what it is like to be a Tiger fan KNOWS that you don't just walk into Memorial Stadium and win a game. There is no such thing as an automatic win when a team comes into our place. MU fans that aren't fresh legs standing on the wagon will agree with that point. There are are a few Tiger fans here that respect this fact and know that Pinkel better have Chase n Co. ready to play come October 4th.

First of all I've been watching Mizzou and Nebraska play since 1965 so you don't need to lecture me on what it means to be a Tiger fan or whatever. And I know that it's not a guaranteed win in Lincoln in a couple weeks. I also know that while the defense hasn't played up to expectations there are no "gaping holes" in it. Sure we didn't totally blow out Buffalo and we certainly made some mistakes. However, if I were you I wouldn't count on returning a kickoff for a TD. That was the first one since 1999 and I doubt if the second one will come in the next game. I also wouldn't count on our receivers fumbling 3 times in your territory either. Btw, that defense with the "gaping holes" gave up 14 points (7 after a questionable roughing the kicker call) and less than 300 yards including barely over 1 yard per rush.

Yes, we did give up too much to Illinois but much of it came after the game was pretty well decided and the last 7 were on the last play of the game on a 4th down. And as you said it was the first game.

Yes, I admire your loyalty and faith in your team. At the same time while I know nothing is "guaranteed" I like our chances very, very much. And if you beat us I'll show up here to congratulate you.

First of all I've been watching Mizzou and Nebraska play since 1965 so you don't need to lecture me on what it means to be a Tiger fan or whatever. And I know that it's not a guaranteed win in Lincoln in a couple weeks. I also know that while the defense hasn't played up to expectations there are no "gaping holes" in it. Sure we didn't totally blow out Buffalo and we certainly made some mistakes. However, if I were you I wouldn't count on returning a kickoff for a TD. That was the first one since 1999 and I doubt if the second one will come in the next game. I also wouldn't count on our receivers fumbling 3 times in your territory either. Btw, that defense with the "gaping holes" gave up 14 points (7 after a questionable roughing the kicker call) and less than 300 yards including barely over 1 yard per rush.

Yes, we did give up too much to Illinois but much of it came after the game was pretty well decided and the last 7 were on the last play of the game on a 4th down. And as you said it was the first game.

Yes, I admire your loyalty and faith in your team. At the same time while I know nothing is "guaranteed" I like our chances very, very much. And if you beat us I'll show up here to congratulate you.

And until you prove you can beat us in lincoln, many people will doubt you can do it. not saying myself, but many will. earn respect, its not just given.

and you were playing BUFFALO. and if you gave up just over 1 yd per rush, 1.4 yds per rush, what about you're secondary? that is the question. People aren't questioning you're rushing defense. you gave up 5.9 yards per pass play to BUFFALO.. what is nebraska going to do to that? i never said we were counting on a kickoff return for a TD, but i would say it isn't much of a stretch to imagine that NU is going to put up more yards and points than Buffalo did.

and i'm not lecturing you. maybe you didn't see, there are a TON of posts above yours.. all i said to you was great 1st post *rolls eyes*

I dont know if you were talking to me but thats ok i didnt take offence if you did. I dont think mizzu will run the big 12 because they have had problems. I never said they would rule the roost i just have doubts that our team would be ready buy the time they play them. I would feel better if we played them latter in the season when our boys had more field time. I duno i guess im just trying to be optimistic but realistic. Dont ride my butt for that.

And until you prove you can beat us in lincoln, many people will doubt you can do it. not saying myself, but many will. earn respect, its not just given.

and you were playing BUFFALO. and if you gave up just over 1 yd per rush, 1.4 yds per rush, what about you're secondary? that is the question. People aren't questioning you're rushing defense. you gave up 5.9 yards per pass play to BUFFALO.. what is nebraska going to do to that? i never said we were counting on a kickoff return for a TD, but i would say it isn't much of a stretch to imagine that NU is going to put up more yards and points than Buffalo did.

and i'm not lecturing you. maybe you didn't see, there are a TON of posts above yours.. all i said to you was great 1st post *rolls eyes*

You are right, until we prove we can win in Lincoln people will doubt. Just as many in Boulder and Manhattan doubted we could win there last season too and just as many in Nebraska doubted we could even beat you in Columbia until 2003 as well.

And they can doubt all they want. The reality is that this game will be decided by the players on the two teams in 2008, not in the last 10 or 20 or 30 years.

And that's the way we want it.

Sorry, it's not "facts", it's your opinion.

:yeah

um.....sorry, but that fact that i was referring to is that their SOS is WEAKER than ours FACT. therefore it is a FACT that they are no more proven than we are.

Maybe so, but they have also beaten one team that is better than any team NU has faced thus far. The Huskers have a chance, but it will take a tremendous effort to topple Missouri.

I'm guessing that you're talking about the same Illinois team that almost lost to UL-L at home, correct?

I've been saying this before the season ever started. In order to beat Mizzou and or TT, we cannot and I stress must not get into a shootout with them. We'll lose, and we'll lose badly. In order to win, we have to play old school. We have to run those 3 yard gainers. We have to kill that clock. And most importantly, we have to keep their explosive offenses off the field as much as possible. We're gonna have to win in the fashion of 21 to 17 or 17 to 14 or some comparable score. If we let them score 30+ points, we're probably gonna lose.

I've been saying this before the season ever started. In order to beat Mizzou and or TT, we cannot and I stress must not get into a shootout with them. We'll lose, and we'll lose badly. In order to win, we have to play old school. We have to run those 3 yard gainers. We have to kill that clock. And most importantly, we have to keep their explosive offenses off the field as much as possible. We're gonna have to win in the fashion of 21 to 17 or 17 to 14 or some comparable score. If we let them score 30+ points, we're probably gonna lose.

I hate to jump pass VaTech.

You may be right junior, but I think the Huskers will need to score 35+. Mizzou has the personel to go 60 yards in one play. And two minute scoring drives (or less) doesnt seem to be unrealistic for them.

My guess would be - Huskers scoring 35+, forcing/getting turnovers, rattle the heck out of the QB, have better field position, and make less mistakes. A lot of things will need to go well (but not necessarily perfect).