I hope im wrong

Oh yeah, Missouri looked awesome. Nothing like giving up 21 and fumbling 3 times against an opponent like Buffalo. Let's just hand them the NC trophy. Threads like this are getting old.

:yeah Seriously old! "Ow we're so bad, we can't beat anyone in the top 50. Oh no we have nothing but a bunch of talentless walk-ons! Ow god what are we gonna do?" :ohnoes

Damn I can't wait till we beat a few of these teams. Then everyone will say, "I knew we weren't as bad as they said!" "Saw this coming a mile away!""Told you we would beat Mizzou!"

Have some damn pride in your team! I've heard guys in TX higher on our team than you "fans". To scared to be ...gasp... wrong? Grow some big red balls, and have a little faith in your team!

You pretty much summed it up..thanks man

:yeah

VT is beatable in fact we are favored by 6.

Missuri is not invincable. They were payed close by many average teams last year. Iowa State 14 pts, Texas A&M 14 pts, @ K State 17 pts and @ Kansas 8 pts. I go into every game with the belief in my heart that we will win.

Texas Tech lost to OK State and Colorado last year. They scored more at this point last year.

yeah, missouri doesn't have the defense to continue to dominate.

heard those same comments before last years game too...

Missuri is not invincable. They were payed close by many average teams last year. Iowa State 14 pts, Texas A&M 14 pts, @ K State 17 pts and @ Kansas 8 pts. I go into every game with the belief in my heart that we will win

love these too. BTW NU lost to MU by 35, aTm by 22, KU by 37 all last year. BUT last year doesn't matter right? OH, it only matters when you trying to make a point about a team last year that was 12-2 and finished in the top 5. OOOOOOhhhhh okay..... :dunno

Missuri is not invincable. They were payed close by many average teams last year. Iowa State 14 pts, Texas A&M 14 pts, @ K State 17 pts and @ Kansas 8 pts. I go into every game with the belief in my heart that we will win

love these too. BTW NU lost to MU by 35, aTm by 22, KU by 37 all last year. BUT last year doesn't matter right? OH, it only matters when you trying to make a point about a team last year that was 12-2 and finished in the top 5. OOOOOOhhhhh okay..... :dunno

Does Fro Daddy have anything nice to say..............EVER?????? :dunno

I don't think that Mizzou's defense is all that great but that's just me. Does Nebraska have a great defense....yes and no in some areas. Is Nebraska's defense better than last years.......I'd say yes.

Does Nebraska have Callahan this year.....ummmm NO. My God look at what Callahans Offense did last night at San Diego.....looks like what Callahan did to us last year. All of our losses last year against MU, ATM, KU, USC was because of poor coaching and he's proven it again that he can't coach at New York.

I think the game against Missouri, Mizzou will test our Defense as well as Nebraska's offense will test Mizzou's Defense. I think that this will be a hard fought battle and it'll come down to a TD win and it'll come down to who's Defense will really step up. I honestly think that Nebraska will take the victory because Lincoln isn't the nicest place for Mizzou to play at and Nebraska plays extremely good on night games.

I can't wait till Booger Eater isn't here next year and we'll see where Mizzou stands come next year.

Does Fro Daddy have anything nice to say..............EVER?????? :dunno

I don't think that Mizzou's defense is all that great but that's just me. Does Nebraska have a great defense....yes and no in some areas. Is Nebraska's defense better than last years.......I'd say yes.

Does Nebraska have Callahan this year.....ummmm NO. My God look at what Callahans Offense did last night at San Diego.....looks like what Callahan did to us last year. All of our losses last year against MU, ATM, KU, USC was because of poor coaching and he's proven it again that he can't coach at New York.

I think the game against Missouri, Mizzou will test our Defense as well as Nebraska's offense will test Mizzou's Defense. I think that this will be a hard fought battle and it'll come down to a TD win and it'll come down to who's Defense will really step up. I honestly think that Nebraska will take the victory because Lincoln isn't the nicest place for Mizzou to play at and Nebraska plays extremely good on night games.

I can't wait till Booger Eater isn't here next year and we'll see where Mizzou stands come next year.

technically calla*** is the oline coach for the jets not the o coordinator so it is not really his offense just his line.

everything else you said is very agreeable, and both NU and MU fans really should agree about both opinions. it will come down to good offense vs. average defense for both teams.

also next year MU may be good again but chances are that Maclin leaves as well as chance mcdaniels. gabbert may or may not be good after his first year starting but MU does not have good enough talent to remain in the top of the conference next year.

your right... your invincible. and by the way our record from 2 years ago didnt help us last year. I dont think MU will take a dive, but I didnt think we would either

love these too. BTW NU lost to MU by 35, aTm by 22, KU by 37 all last year. BUT last year doesn't matter right? OH, it only matters when you trying to make a point about a team last year that was 12-2 and finished in the top 5. OOOOOOhhhhh okay..... dunno.gif

No as a matter of fact last year DOESN'T matter! Last year was last year. You'll be realize soon enough that you'll have to actually play the games before they send you to the NC.

You can keep living off last years success if you want, but don't be whining when OU kicks your asses again! (Just like last year!)

"Owww, it's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life, and I'm feeling good!!!!"

your right... your invincible. and by the way our record from 2 years ago didnt help us last year. I dont think MU will take a dive, but I didnt think we would either

I was not saying anything about invincible. Lets face it. I am pretty down to earth and play devils advocate not just here but on MU boards. The point was, what does the past have to do with anything when it comes to this one game? Last year does not matter. streaks from 30 years ago dont matter. It is one team against another with THIS years players and coaches.

The first comment I made was meant to be smart a**ed. Because quite frankly that was the number 1 reason every husker fan had for their reason NU would win last year. I just thought it was funny that the same thing was being said.

MU's D is not as bad as many of you think. They are not dominate. NU's D is not a bad as last year. They are not dominate either. MU's offense is better than last years. The are dominate. Nu's O is better than last years. They are good, not dominate. Thats my take on the game. I think MU will score 40 or more. I dont see NU scoring as often. But really who knows. I do know few of you saw 41-6 last year coming, and I know few Tiger fans saw their team Sh**ing their pants in the first half 2 years ago.

And yes Husker jock I do have plenty of nice things to say. I even said 2 weeks ago that NU would win against VT and I still firmly believe NU wins 7-8 games this year. I even posted it on this board. :clap I am the kind of guy that if we are sitting at a bar or tailgatting you get my humor. On message boards it comes across alittle 'harsh'

Its all good fellas/ladies. No disrespect intended. I like posting here. Enjoy the coversations. I like to hear opposing opinions and like to give mine. Thats all.

:cheers

I was not saying anything about invincible. Lets face it. I am pretty down to earth and play devils advocate not just here but on MU boards. The point was, what does the past have to do with anything when it comes to this one game? Last year does not matter. streaks from 30 years ago dont matter. It is one team against another with THIS years players and coaches.

The first comment I made was meant to be smart a**ed. Because quite frankly that was the number 1 reason every husker fan had for their reason NU would win last year. I just thought it was funny that the same thing was being said.

MU's D is not as bad as many of you think. They are not dominate. NU's D is not a bad as last year. They are not dominate either. MU's offense is better than last years. The are dominate. Nu's O is better than last years. They are good, not dominate. Thats my take on the game. I think MU will score 40 or more. I dont see NU scoring as often. But really who knows. I do know few of you saw 41-6 last year coming, and I know few Tiger fans saw their team Sh**ing their pants in the first half 2 years ago.

And yes Husker jock I do have plenty of nice things to say. I even said 2 weeks ago that NU would win against VT and I still firmly believe NU wins 7-8 games this year. I even posted it on this board. :clap I am the kind of guy that if we are sitting at a bar or tailgatting you get my humor. On message boards it comes across alittle 'harsh'

Its all good fellas/ladies. No disrespect intended. I like posting here. Enjoy the coversations. I like to hear opposing opinions and like to give mine. Thats all.

I don't disagree with your assesment of the teams, but I think the Memorial Stadium factor will help to level the difference a bit. Last year may not count for much, but I do think you can put some stock into long term trends. This same MU team hasn't won at Lincoln, and no MU team has for 30 years. They will have had to listen to it for 2 weeks. Even today Pinkel acknowledged the challenge on a ESPN national radio show, Tirico and Van Pelt.

I was not saying anything about invincible.

thats were invincible came in. all the OP said was that some people did play with you guys

I don't disagree with your assesment of the teams, but I think the Memorial Stadium factor will help to level the difference a bit. Last year may not count for much, but I do think you can put some stock into long term trends. This same MU team hasn't won at Lincoln, and no MU team has for 30 years. They will have had to listen to it for 2 weeks. Even today Pinkel acknowledged the challenge on a ESPN national radio show, Tirico and Van Pelt.

Let's see, last year doesn't count for much but the last 30 years do? Sure it's a challenge but then again last year it was a challenge to win in Manhattan and Boulder after long streaks of not winning there too. I think we know how those turned out.

Btw, how many years had it been since you lost to KU and in Lincoln to OSU before last year? Moral of the story: streaks really don't matter. The reason for that streak that virtually every year with the possible exception of one or two years Nebraska won because they had the better team, usually the far better team. Disagree if you want but I don't believe too many unbiased observers would say that Nebraska has the better team this year.

Yes, I know the better team doesn't always win but they do more often than not. Perhaps this will be the excption though if I were you I wouldn't be the mortgage on it.

Also for those of you who are convinced our defense is so pedestrian I suggest you check the defensive stats for the Big XII conference games last year. One other point; when the Mizzou offense scores in drives of 2 minutes or less like they frequently do the defense will be exposed. The old rule about the team controlling the time of possession almost always wins has gone the way of the horse and buggy.

We might lose to you but if we do I'm betting it's as much because our offense turned it over too many times as it will be because of our defense.

I'm ready for the game to be played.