Huskers living in Missouri

MoHusker

I've been a lurker on the board for a little more than a year....but finally making a post...Grew up in Lincoln, went to UNL and lived in Missouri the past 10 years (in KC and St. Joseph). I left Lincoln in 1998, which was really the beginning of the end...my first weekend living in KC was the NU-OSU squeaker at Arrowhead....then it was the A& M loss a few weeks later the string against KSU ended in Manhattan. They ended up losing 4 that year. At the end of the year, my ex said NU should feel real good, they did win EIGHT games and lost ONLY four. (Now you know why an ex!)

With NU's fall and MU's rise, it's been interesting living down here. Especially this year, when my MU friends are so high on their team, they think they could easily beat the Chiefs. That tells you what they think they'll do to NU this weekend.

Their confidence...and even arrogence...is pretty funny. Yeah, they might win, and they probably should, but geezzz, they haven't even won a conference title yet. These MU fans have a lot of growing up to do. I WILL be wearing my NU shirt to Rotary tomorrow, and I know I'll get fined, but it will be worth it. ; )

Ok, done with a little venting ; ) I'm coming up for the game this weekend (withOUT any of my MU friends) and going to have a good time. Hoping for a good game and totally behind Bo. Man a win would sure help me out down here though. hehe

Also, thinking about starting up an NU Alumni chapter here in St. Joseph. If anyone is interested, let me know!

I've been a lurker on the board for a little more than a year....but finally making a post...Grew up in Lincoln, went to UNL and lived in Missouri the past 10 years (in KC and St. Joseph). I left Lincoln in 1998, which was really the beginning of the end...my first weekend living in KC was the NU-OSU squeaker at Arrowhead....then it was the A& M loss a few weeks later the string against KSU ended in Manhattan. They ended up losing 4 that year. At the end of the year, my ex said NU should feel real good, they did win EIGHT games and lost ONLY four. (Now you know why an ex!)

With NU's fall and MU's rise, it's been interesting living down here. Especially this year, when my MU friends are so high on their team, they think they could easily beat the Chiefs. That tells you what they think they'll do to NU this weekend.

Their confidence...and even arrogence...is pretty funny. Yeah, they might win, and they probably should, but geezzz, they haven't even won a conference title yet. These MU fans have a lot of growing up to do. I WILL be wearing my NU shirt to Rotary tomorrow, and I know I'll get fined, but it will be worth it. ; )

Ok, done with a little venting ; ) I'm coming up for the game this weekend (withOUT any of my MU friends) and going to have a good time. Hoping for a good game and totally behind Bo. Man a win would sure help me out down here though. hehe

Also, thinking about starting up an NU Alumni chapter here in St. Joseph. If anyone is interested, let me know!

I love stuff like this. I'd be amazed if they could get withing 50 of the chiefs. thats nothing against MU.... its just you cant compare NFL teams to college teams. the 95 team would get killed by this years Chiefs

I love stuff like this. I'd be amazed if they could get withing 50 of the chiefs. thats nothing against MU.... its just you cant compare NFL teams to college teams. the 95 team would get killed by this years Chiefs

Absolutely right. I hate this stupid argument. There is no way any college team ever could beat the worst pro team of that same year. They would be carting Tigers off the field after every play.

Absolutely right. I hate this stupid argument. There is no way any college team ever could beat the worst pro team of that same year. They would be carting Tigers off the field after every play.

yep... again nothing against MU... glenn dorsey was probably the best defender in college football last year and he looks pretty average right now for the chiefs. it remends me of when Peru won the NAIA title and people were saying that they could beat NU. that team was as good of a NAIA team as you'll see. but they couldn't have beat NU's freshman

Yeah, my point exactly. There's no way MU would come anywhere close to the Chiefs....or even the Rams, which seem to be even a ton worse than KC. The whole thing is that these MU people are having a hard time learning how to be winners ( I wonder why after so many years of the crap they put on the field?)

Their latest bitching is figuring out why Alabama moved ahead of them. How could they move ahead of a Missouri team that didn't even play that week? That NEVER happens. I'd say getting up 31-0 over Georgia beats the crap out of taking care of Missouri St., Buffalo, Nevada and a lot-as-impressive Illinois. I guess it's just MU fans have SO much to learn if they think they're going to be a big-time program.

Wearing an NU shirt today...already have gotten some comments. The fines at Rotary Club will be in the next hour. hehe

I woundn't doubt some fans say that crap but I have a pretty hard time believing you could herd all MU fans in to that crap. I for one would laugh at those people and I am a MU fan.

That would be like me grouping all of you into the same fun pack with one of the NU tools I work with. He claims 42-17 for this weeks game. A NU victory of course. Not to mention he argues that NU is a top 10 team and MU doesnt belong in the top 25.

I'm in Texas at the moment, but I've been living in KC MO. Honestly people never gave me that much crap. Either way any time they do, I just say, "How many national championships have you guys won again?"....oh yeah....

By the way, We're gonna win this weekend everyone. If I believe it it will come true.

Huh?? Isn't there a toilet bowl flush button on this board for this stuff???

I also live in MO, I work with a lot of MU fans (funny I didn't know they were MU fans until they started winning last year) and they haven't said anything like that. But, I have heard one fan say he would like the Chiefs to draft Chase Daniels. I couldn't help but laugh and he didn't think that was very funny at all. So I explained to him why Daniels wouldn't be a good NFL QB and he acted like I slapped his mother. Sorry Tiger fans, your boy wont be a good NFL QB.