interesting game plan??

From the Big Red Breakfast this morning:

Without releasing any details, Nebraska assistant coach Mike Ekeler let it be known this morning that the Huskers would have something different in store for Missouri on Saturday night.

Ekeler told a Big Red Breakfast crowd: "I'm jacked about this game plan.''

"I won't say too much because I don't want it out there, but I'm very, very, very excited about this game,'' said Ekeler, the NU linebackers coach. "Very excited. And I know our kids are chomping at the bit. We were probably ready to play on Tuesday.''

The crowd laughed.

"No, I'm serious,'' Ekeler said.

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini and defensive coordinator Carl Pelini haven't tipped their hands at all this week. Missouri will challenge the Huskers with an offense that ranks No. 2 nationally in both scoring and total yards.

"I told Carl yesterday, 'Win, lose or draw, I tell you what: This is one of my favorite game plans that I've been associated with,' '' Ekeler said. "Carl, he's an Ivy League guy and he's a little more laid back, and Carl just said, 'Yeah, Ek, just don't jinx us.' ''

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10396039

From the Big Red Breakfast this morning:

Without releasing any details, Nebraska assistant coach Mike Ekeler let it be known this morning that the Huskers would have something different in store for Missouri on Saturday night.

Ekeler told a Big Red Breakfast crowd: "I'm jacked about this game plan.''

"I won't say too much because I don't want it out there, but I'm very, very, very excited about this game,'' said Ekeler, the NU linebackers coach. "Very excited. And I know our kids are chomping at the bit. We were probably ready to play on Tuesday.''

The crowd laughed.

"No, I'm serious,'' Ekeler said.

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini and defensive coordinator Carl Pelini haven't tipped their hands at all this week. Missouri will challenge the Huskers with an offense that ranks No. 2 nationally in both scoring and total yards.

"I told Carl yesterday, 'Win, lose or draw, I tell you what: This is one of my favorite game plans that I've been associated with,' '' Ekeler said. "Carl, he's an Ivy League guy and he's a little more laid back, and Carl just said, 'Yeah, Ek, just don't jinx us.' ''

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10396039

The coaches and players believe, how about some love from the fans?

Yeah its called you must rip Boogers head off and get him out of the game just like Jason Peter said the other night on Big Red Wrap-Up the best thing for a Defense is a back up QB. Maybe they have a scheme similar to the one Charlie came up with against the Fun and Gun. But I dont think are backs can go man on man with there recievers we will see.

Rush 2 and drop 9 into coverage is my guess.

Cosgrove?? Is that you???

lol. NOW THATS FUNNY :LOLtartar

"I bet my back up QB can beat your back up QB" overheard by players on field after william moore and sean weatherspoon combine for hit on Ganz that causes NU cheerleaders to throwup from the gore. Ganz taken off on a stretcher. (this game is fun) :laughpound

Well, let's hope it is indeed a good gameplan. It gives me hope. It also makes me excited to see what these defensive gurus hatched up. I am always pumped for the game...but I am really pumped now!

And hey, dropping that many in coverage isn't always a bad thing if the offense has no idea that's what you're doing. Just don't make a habit of it.

Hmm.. i have no idea what this means, but it sounds like the coaches think we have a shot; the players seem that way too. This could be an interesting game on Saturday.

Isn't this refreshing to the games over the last few years where it was obvious our coaches went in knowing we were going to lose (self fulfilling prophecy).