Huskers a dirty team, QB Daniel says

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the "dirtiest" teams he's played.

I am a lurker and barely ever post, but this just chapped me. Missouri handed it to us, I'll give them that. But this comment is totally uncalled for. It was "settled" on the field until Daniel threw this knucklehead comment in. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. If someone does you wrong, keep it to yourself. Maybe Daniel didn't think his comment was going to be printed. Maybe he was misquoted, but it doesn't appear that way. In any arena you can always find some fan or player that does something boneheaded from Missouri to Nebraska to Tim-buk-tu. I could find more than one Missouri fan that has cussed out the Huskers and then go on to say that they have some of the "dirtiest" mouths in the league. But then they could turn around and find someone in Nebraska who would do the same thing. I watched the game last night with some very respectable Missouri fans that could have reveled in the victory much more than they did. They watched. They cheered. It was over and they played a great game without shaking any salt on it. With this public comment, I've pretty much lost all respect for Chase Daniel. If someone does a childish thing to you, don't answer it by being childish yourself–BE A MAN.

need i remind you, the dude did eat a booger on national tv.

What a bunch of haters, if the man spit on Daniel then he did. Obviously it was very insulting to Daniel and he felt to air it out. If the shoe was on the other foot and a MU Player spit on Ganz all we would be reading from the Nebraska faithful is what poor "sports" MU players are and "how in the world can this allowed"

It doesn't matter in the long run, but don't cover up a despicable act.

And don't hate on Daniel, a great college QB and a player who always has done the "right" thing on and off the field.

Yes, he carved up Nebraska again.... but have the "respect" and "class" that Nebraska fans are known for. Don't justify an idiot who just happens to have a N on his helmet

what you wouldnt be reading is joe ganz saying that MU "was the dirties team he had played"

yes daniel is a great player..... and he should be upset about that. and we shouldn't be doing stupid stuff like that. but the dirtiest team comment was nothing less than crying. just calling it for what it is. if he wasnt respect he needs to act like a man. part of the reason we LOVE ganz is the way he has handled himself in the past. he showed some big balls when keller came in... he could have cried and he didnt. he manned up and competed

It seems like almost every game I've been to, on the field, the opposing team and the home team are separated by the 50 yard line. At least in the NFL, they made it a hard rule that people weren't supposed to be going over to the opposing side of the field.

Unless the captains on the teams came to the middle of the field and someone spit on him then, I don't think our players had the opportunity to spit on him. And I don't think one of our guys would spit on him if there was a referee flipping a coin right next to him. This all sounds a bit fishy to me, and sounds like someone has an active imagination.

This is pretty sad and I hope Bo gets to the bottom of this. I cannot imagine Bo wanting this type of crap going on with his team. linky

I can not believe Husker fans would actually believe that the Husker player(s) would spit on Chase Daniel! Are you kidding me!? The huskers are one of the most classy teams in collage football! Daniel and the Tigers just have A HUGE CHIP on thier shoulder because they have ben horrable for soooo long, and now that they have a good team..they try to make it seem they are gods gift to football! Hiesman trophy canidet!? Danials!? If you beat up a team 52-17, and have to bad mouth them after....NO...Danial stats wise so far is the front runner for the award....but who in thier right mined would want an arugant kid like that hoisting the biggest award in NCAA football!? If I were a Mizzu fan I would be upset he is representing my school!

If the shoe was on the other foot and a MU Player spit on Ganz all we would be reading from the Nebraska faithful is what poor "sports" MU players are and "how in the world can this allowed"

We absolutely would not, because Ganz has the class to let the coaches deal with it behind the scenes. No way would Ganz have used the incident to label the whole Missouri team as "dirty." THAT's the difference between him and Daniel.

Well that and about 5 light years of talent.

I saw a team committ stupid undisciplined penalties all night. Bo was brought in to onstill discipline, effor and pride and there was not a lot of that last night.

Most NU fans are just awfull....what do you frikin want? You should know we are not going undefeated and winning a national championship in 1 year...are you kidding me! Stop crying, and let Bo get to work! its awfull how some of you are calling for his head allredy! Grow up! Come back to reality!! Devany....Tom....all had troubles to start thier seasons, and look how it turned out!

oh well, daniel is gonna be a sixth round draft pick and out of the league within six months.

I know right?!?!?! Ask Drew Brees how a shorter, pudgy guy makes it as a QB in the NFL. How are people still busting on him after 3 years of damn impressive stats?!?!

Oh...because he ate a booger. That's why.

This is pretty sad and I hope Bo gets to the bottom of this. I cannot imagine Bo wanting this type of crap going on with his team. linky

I can not believe Husker fans would actually believe that the Husker player(s) would spit on Chase Daniel! Are you kidding me!? The huskers are one of the most classy teams in collage football! Daniel and the Tigers just have A HUGE CHIP on thier shoulder because they have ben horrable for soooo long, and now that they have a good team..they try to make it seem they are gods gift to football! Hiesman trophy canidet!? Danials!? If you beat up a team 52-17, and have to bad mouth them after....NO...Danial stats wise so far is the front runner for the award....but who in thier right mined would want an arugant kid like that hoisting the biggest award in NCAA football!? If I were a Mizzu fan I would be upset he is representing my school!

UM...by the way...if you don't realize this is a MIZZOU fan being sarcastic and gloating then you should be beat upside the head with a Busch Light.

Oh...and it's ARROGANT. Not ARUGANT.

TAR

oh well, daniel is gonna be a sixth round draft pick and out of the league within six months.

I know right?!?!?! Ask Drew Brees how a shorter, pudgy guy makes it as a QB in the NFL. How are people still busting on him after 3 years of damn impressive stats?!?!

Oh...because he ate a booger. That's why.

Because he has to eat pigskin every time he plays against a defensive line with a pulse?

If the shoe was on the other foot and a MU Player spit on Ganz all we would be reading from the Nebraska faithful is what poor "sports" MU players are and "how in the world can this allowed"

We absolutely would not, because Ganz has the class to let the coaches deal with it behind the scenes. No way would Ganz have used the incident to label the whole Missouri team as "dirty." THAT's the difference between him and Daniel.

I saw a team committ stupid undisciplined penalties all night. Bo was brought in to onstill discipline, effor and pride and there was not a lot of that last night.

Most NU fans are just awfull....what do you frikin want? You should know we are not going undefeated and winning a national championship in 1 year...are you kidding me! Stop crying, and let Bo get to work! its awfull how some of you are calling for his head allredy! Grow up! Come back to reality!! Devany....Tom....all had troubles to start thier seasons, and look how it turned out!

I never said I wanted Bo out. But since you asked, I "want" a Nebraska team to sack up and not get embarassed by 30+ points anymore. I used to think it wasn't too much to ask.

And Bob and Tom and never had the troubles to start their careers like the two recent coaches. So far the only difference is one is an "insider" (barely, I might add) and one was getting prepped for the rail he was going to ride out on by many here the second he set foot in Lincoln.

:box If it's true, then the player should be suspended. Period.

But I can't wait for someone to lower the boom on this guy. He is just as cocky now as he was when he played with Southlake Carroll. SOMEONE HIT THIS GUY IN THE MOUTH!!!

Within the rules of course..... :box

Chase Daniel just needs to STFU.

From what I saw last night, a Mizzou player NEVER needs to talk about another team or players being dirty. From diving on piles with a ref in the middle, spearing Castille after he was down, hits OOB .. and none of this crap was called. Now none of it would have made an ounce of difference, but all of those plays are just downright dirty and NOT apart of the game.

As far as the spitting -- why is he acting like such a girl on a football field? Dude is playing FOOTBALL. For example -- anyone here ever been on the bottom of a pileup for a loose ball? Getting spit happens ALL the time. The sad thing is, it would be the absolute last thing you worry about. You would need to worry about keep your eyes and testicles first and worry about everything else later.

You just kicked the absolute crap out of a team on their field for the first time in 30 years and you are worried about getting spit on. What the heck is wrong with that picture?

For the first time I agree with you. I think Chase Daniel is a good football player but the dude has a big Head on his shoulders and has NO respect for Husker Football.

The Huskers being dirty whatever. How many times did Mizzou give us a late hit and IT WAS NEVER CALLED??? There were several times where it happened right in front of the umpire. I just can't stand Chase Daniel now and I'll probably never will. He's a good ball player but he's got an ego so big that he thinks that his sh*t don't stink.

Is he sure it was spit..........it could've been the left overs that fell out of his nose and onto his check thinking that it was spit.

Last year he wants to call us a High School Defense (Which we were) but then to say this sh*t is totally bullsh*t. We spit on him before the game and we were throwing footballs at his team during warm-ups. Are you serious Chase.....grow some balls and a clue. Bo Pelini did watch film to find any of this stuff and said that he didn't see anything that was wrong.

You think that the coach would've told this news to Pelini while they met in the middle of the field? I do not think that this is true and Nebraska has never been a dirty Football team. Please.........Mizzou players and fans need to grow up. You should be celebrating this win because it took you guys 30 years to do this.

I hope that Mizzou loses to Oklahoma State and Texas really bad and Oklahoma just walks all over them for I don't respect Mizzou at all after this bullsh*t statement from Chase "Booger Eater" Daniel.

I never said I wanted Bo out. But since you asked, I "want" a Nebraska team to sack up and not get embarassed by 30+ points anymore. I used to think it wasn't too much to ask.

And Bob and Tom and never had the troubles to start their careers like the two recent coaches. So far the only difference is one is an "insider" (barely, I might add) and one was getting prepped for the rail he was going to ride out on by many here the second he set foot in Lincoln.

first of all devaney had 6 wins seasons. secondly you need to realize that you are talking about 2 of the greatest coaches IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! I love bo, but chances are he wont be up to the level of the 2 coaches mentioned. I hope I am wrong, but chances are I am not. we have to give bo plenty of time to not only to turn this team around, but to figure out how to be a good head coach. he's never done this before.