Shawn Watson should be fired?

Wake up. Name me one big game in the last 4+ years where we played a good team with a good defense where we moved the ball. The only time this offense showed anything was against cupcakes or in garbage time against 3rd stringers. I'm sick and tired of people saying what a good offense we have when time and again in big games or even conference games it's difficult to find a pulse on that side of the ball. Your offense is only as good as your O-line, enough said.

Umm these are also Watsons players too though so dont use that argument. He was on the recruiting path while he was there. He is not changing the offense its the same he got these kids to play here too. In regards to big offenses games under BC how bout last year at Texas...447 of total offense in a 3 point loss? Not bad if you ask me. The year before that against Texas we put up 348 in a near win if it was not for T Nunn's costly fumble. Watson needs to get his act together. He is not in his first year of this capacity he is an experienced coach. You let it play out this year and see what happens and if you have no rushing attack by the Colorado game than you have real issues and need to do something. He has been here for a while and needs results. Everyone said that BC is the head coach and needs to be accountable for all of his coaches (mainly kevin Cosgrove) and the same can be said for Pelini he needs to be accountable for his coaches and their performances. Watch out Tim Beck

I am disgusted with his play calling this year. It just saddens me to learn that callahan's offense was actually very very good and watson cant decide whether or not he feels like running the ball. If Kiffin becomes availiable which he is....WE NEED TO HIRE HIM NOW

People need to shut the h*ll up about hiring Lane Kiffin as an offensive coordinator! This is almost as stupid as people last year thinking Bo should be head coach and Turner would be willing to come back and be offensive coordinator. I seriously doubt some of the intelligence of people. Do the posters who think Kiffin would come take an offensive coordinator job in college AFTER he was a head coach in the NFL have any common sense? To me they just think the world revolves around Nebraska football and anyone and everyone should want to have a job with this program, even if it means picking up the players jocks. Get in the real world. Kiffin would not consider an offensive coordinator job. You do not move down in Position UNLESS you really sucked at the higher level position, or you CAN NOT get hired at the higher level position, or you are too old to handle the higher level position! :boxosoap:rant

I think we should go to a spread offense for now. Obviously the set formation run game isn't working out for us. All of our receivers have hands...and a lot of speed surprisingly. I think we would have a lot more success moving the football if we spread it out and just simply try to win games with what we have. Also if we spread it out, it is going to give our running backs more of a chance. They can run in space, much like texas tech does.

Then after this season they can go back to the power game. But right now the power game doesn't work and its not going to work.

Umm these are also Watsons players too though so dont use that argument. He was on the recruiting path while he was there. He is not changing the offense its the same he got these kids to play here too. In regards to big offenses games under BC how bout last year at Texas...447 of total offense in a 3 point loss? Not bad if you ask me. The year before that against Texas we put up 348 in a near win if it was not for T Nunn's costly fumble. Watson needs to get his act together. He is not in his first year of this capacity he is an experienced coach. You let it play out this year and see what happens and if you have no rushing attack by the Colorado game than you have real issues and need to do something. He has been here for a while and needs results. Everyone said that BC is the head coach and needs to be accountable for all of his coaches (mainly kevin Cosgrove) and the same can be said for Pelini he needs to be accountable for his coaches and their performances. Watch out Tim Beck

I really think Beck is in line to replace Watson after this year or next. Beck is opening doors for us in Texas, and is a solid recruiter. He is by trade a WR coach, not a RB coach.

I see Gilmore and Watson departing together either after this year, or next. Beck will take over the OC duties and WR duties, then will bring in a new QB coach.

He should buy a clue and figure out what he wants this team's identity to be. It's getting so frustrating that every week it looks like Nebraska is trying a bit of everything to see if anything works.

And pleeeeeeeease. Use one freakin' running back. The three running backs being rotated is real cute, but it's not working. Stick with one and see what he can do.

Could we agree that watson was only kept around probally becase of callahans players and to ease into the transition of bos game plan. If watson doesnt work out this year he could be headed down the road. I think he was only kept around for ganz and ganz is gone this year. The last few rements of a bad staff gone for good. But thats just my opinion.