Take it to the bank

dbetz23

Getting ahead of ourselves much?

Anyways, I'm still sticking with my 7 - 5 prediction for the season with losses to Oklahoma and CU. But yeah if we can give that kind of effort each and every game, which I really doubt, we could very reasonably go 5 - 1 for the rest of the season.

I agree, but I would sub KU(as much as I hate the thought of losing to them again) for CU. KU is the better team

Amazing how one close game makes you forget performances in previous games doesn't it?!?!? Still think we'll be fortunate to be 6-6. The penalties and the (sorry Ganz) bonehead plays during crunch time are going to be an issue all season long. Those just don't disappear.

the thing is aside from OU and perhaps KU who do we play that is even remotely close to the level of our last 3 opponents? and KU is probably at VTechs level but not MU or Ttech. I think 5-1 is clearly wishful thinking, but lucky to get to 6-6 is pretty pessimistic. we SHOULD handle baylor, ISU and k-state without a problem... and I will be very disappointed with a loss to a very mediocre CU team that we get at lincoln

All I can speak for is what the numbers say. Show me a win against a ranked team with a convincing win before and/or after...then I'll believe that things are 'on track'. Was it on here or somewhere else I heard/read that DUKE is the only other BCS conference team to lose to more ranked opponents than us since '01? (Or some disgusting stat like that...)

All I can speak for is what the numbers say. Show me a win against a ranked team with a convincing win before and/or after...then I'll believe that things are 'on track'. Was it on here or somewhere else I heard/read that DUKE is the only other BCS conference team to lose to more ranked opponents than us since '01? (Or some disgusting stat like that...)

I'm with you. We play like all hell all season, we lose another game, and now we should just be counting wins before we play. There's not a sure win on our schedule. Also, if you read the same thing I did, it was Duke and NU are the only teams from BCS conferences (there are 65) to not beat a team ranked 19th or higher.

again, aside from OU and maybe KU who is going to be ranked? none of the other teams are even remotely close

Nothing like setting yourselves up for heartbreak uh!!!!

As someone else said, one strong performance out of six doesn't mean squat.

And the other factor not taken in to account is all of the teams we have left on our schedule have not played their best game of the year yet, that will come when they play NU.

Just because NU isn't ranked in the top 5 doesn't mean that ISU, KU, KSU, and CU will not come to play.

Nothing like setting yourselves up for heartbreak uh!!!!

As someone else said, one strong performance out of six doesn't mean squat.

And the other factor not taken in to account is all of the teams we have left on our schedule have not played their best game of the year yet, that will come when they play NU.

Just because NU isn't ranked in the top 5 doesn't mean that ISU, KU, KSU, and CU will not come to play.

no they will come to play.... but we are not a red letter game anymore... aside from the CU game(since its the last game and IMO they will be playing for a bowl)

take KU for example... of the 6 games left we are 5th in importance(their remaining schedule SUCKS!).... and maybe even 6th(ksu is a big game for the do to the in state thing right??) we are not going to be getting their "best shot" a good team plays 100% every game, but to act like they will be more focused on us?? they have to play the #1 team the next week and then MU(probably for the north) the next week.

8 and 4 has historically been a record that gets you in the Alamo bowl.

San Antone over the holidays would be EXCELLENT!

That would be the sweetest vacation for me...heck for any of us at this point in Bo's tenure here. Don't want to get my hopes up, but I think after yesterdays performance we can finally calm down and realize that we're not as far away as some may think. We're just missing some consistency and depth at positions.

We will go 5-1 the rest of the season. I'll put my cup of kool-aid down and listen to what you guys think.

This I would not take to the bank! I think NU might do as you suggest, and, if so --- awesome. But we have some tough games ahead. What I do think we can take to the bank is gritty hard play and effort. And.... I am confidant that we get three more wins, maybe 4..... and maybe 5. But all I'd take to the bank is 3. 4 seems reasonable. 5 wins is kool-aid stuff --- but, who knows --- you might be right.

Amazing how one close game makes you forget performances in previous games doesn't it?!?!? Still think we'll be fortunate to be 6-6. The penalties and the (sorry Ganz) bonehead plays during crunch time are going to be an issue all season long. Those just don't disappear.

the thing is aside from OU and perhaps KU who do we play that is even remotely close to the level of our last 3 opponents? and KU is probably at VTechs level but not MU or Ttech. I think 5-1 is clearly wishful thinking, but lucky to get to 6-6 is pretty pessimistic. we SHOULD handle baylor, ISU and k-state without a problem... and I will be very disappointed with a loss to a very mediocre CU team that we get at lincoln

Mel:

Both Baylor and K-State will be a problem. Both can score. Both are dynamic. Both are fast. No.... those games are winnable to be sure and are also quite losable too. Toss ups. The only game that is not a toss up is Oklahoma (going the wrong way) and maybe Iowa State --- but that is on the road and that game could be tough (maybe not... but we have to play well to win there too).