I say it aint so Joe..

I've read alot of different threads since the game on Saturday and there seems to be alot of "if only Ganz had...." talk. Don't hang this one on Joe Ganz. 36 of 44, an 81% completion rate with 2 TDs. He's the reason we topped the second ranked offensive machine in the country. He made ONE, ONE mistake. I'd pin it on penalties way before I'd pin it on Ganz.

Game Balls:

Joe Ganz

Jacob HIckman

Matt Holt - True freshman, seven solo tackles and an assist. NU's defensive player of the game.

Don't get me wrong. I DONT BLAME THIS LOSS ON GANZ. We should have won in regulation, we had multiple opportunites. HOWEVER, Ganz is constantly holding the ball TOO long and making dumb decisions with the football when he does, either taking a dumb sack or trying to throw the ball 20 yards with two defenders haning on him, repeatedly he can't figure out when to take the sack and when to throw the ball out of bounds. We saw it last year and everyone attributed it to him trying to win a shootout.

Don't get me wrong. I DONT BLAME THIS LOSS ON GANZ. We should have won in regulation, we had multiple opportunites. HOWEVER, Ganz is constantly holding the ball TOO long and making dumb decisions with the football when he does, either taking a dumb sack or trying to throw the ball 20 yards with two defenders haning on him, repeatedly he can't figure out when to take the sack and when to throw the ball out of bounds. We saw it last year and everyone attributed it to him trying to win a shootout.

Agree to an extent. But I'm not going to call Ganz out on anything because without his effort we are likely getting blown out again. Kid was a stud yesterday.

I've read alot of different threads since the game on Saturday and there seems to be alot of "if only Ganz had...." talk. Don't hang this one on Joe Ganz. 36 of 44, an 81% completion rate with 2 TDs. He's the reason we topped the second ranked offensive machine in the country. He made ONE, ONE mistake. I'd pin it on penalties way before I'd pin it on Ganz.

Game Balls:

Joe Ganz

Jacob HIckman

Matt Holt - True freshman, seven solo tackles and an assist. NU's defensive player of the game.

:yeah

Game Balls:

Joe Ganz

Jacob HIckman

I'm sticking by what I've said on many of my posts since the game. Ganz didn't lose the game for us. Looking at the play again, I can't say he even really held on to the ball too long. He had to get outside the box, which he was doing, and got tackled from behind while trying to throw the ball. He had a great game, putting up his best completion stats, only to get marred by a tackle he didn't see coming.

You can praise him or blame him for this game all you want. Bottom line is without him at the helm we don't have a chance. He had a fantastic game and even though I was cussing him at the end of the game he was the reason we hung in there. Hell you could blame Smith for two offensive holding calls back to back and the end of the 4th quarter for allowing us to lose. That took us out of field goal range basically and if we make that we win the game. If we don't rush on TT's 35 yard line or so Crabtree doesn't run 60 some yards for the TD. There are so many things you could blame this loss on, but it's not going to make difference.

What killed us is the 4th down play, where Crabtree was left wide open for huge play!! I wonder if Murrillo was in awe of Crabtree when he ran right past him. "Look there goes Crabtree! Wow he is fast" <_< We hold them on that 4th down and we chew up a lot of the clock. Nuff said

What killed us is the 4th down play, where Crabtree was left wide open for huge play!! I wonder if Murrillo was in awe of Crabtree when he ran right past him. "Look there goes Crabtree! Wow he is fast" <_< We hold them on that 4th down and we chew up a lot of the clock. Nuff said

Again...this was not The Armadillo's fault. He was supposed to have safety help, but never got it.

I completely agree that Joe had a great game and we would be even further down without his efforts. The only things that I see with him is he is a senior who threw three of the exact same interceptions in three different games. I hope he cleans that up as well as the dumbass penelties the rest of the team has racked up. I see good things coming yet this season.

You can praise him or blame him for this game all you want. Bottom line is without him at the helm we don't have a chance. He had a fantastic game and even though I was cussing him at the end of the game he was the reason we hung in there. Hell you could blame Smith for two offensive holding calls back to back and the end of the 4th quarter for allowing us to lose. That took us out of field goal range basically and if we make that we win the game. If we don't rush on TT's 35 yard line or so Crabtree doesn't run 60 some yards for the TD. There are so many things you could blame this loss on, but it's not going to make difference.

You hit it right on BRI. No individual lost this game. There were a lot of minor mistakes all over on both sides of the ball that either cost us points or gave TT points. We correct those, next time we pull off a win.