O'Hanlon = Ricketts?

I definitely see the comparision between O'Hanlon and Shanle!!

I think they both took tackling classes from McKeon!! :angry:

Also, did anyone else see who made one of the last tackles of the game when their running back bounced it outside to the right? I couldn't see the # well, looked like a 15 or a 5, but he was definitely a d-back and he came up aggressive and blew up the play. Thought it might be Thenarse, but isn't he #3? Anyways, whoever it was, needs to see more PT!! Loved the aggressiveness and the solid tackling!!

Also, did anyone else see who made one of the last tackles of the game when their running back bounced it outside to the right? I couldn't see the # well, looked like a 15 or a 5, but he was definitely a d-back and he came up aggressive and blew up the play. Thought it might be Thenarse, but isn't he #3? Anyways, whoever it was, needs to see more PT!! Loved the aggressiveness and the solid tackling!!

It was Anthony West. He's definitely an aggressive player, which caused him to blow some assignments earlier in the year, but it seems like he's improving a bit.

It was Anthony West. He's definitely an aggressive player, which caused him to blow some assignments earlier in the year, but it seems like he's improving a bit.

Hmm.. My dad asked me and I'm pretty sure it was Dennard. He came up and took the RB's legs right out. Pretty good play by a CB.

Actually, I just watched it again and checked the gameday stats to be sure, it was #15 Alfonzo Denard. This dude needs to see more PT!!

I was kind of wondering why they haven't tried that Holt at safety. I know he did a good job considering, at linebacker with the deffensive packages we were playing, but he is built and has the speed I thought of a safety. I like O'Hanlons efforts and at times he does well, but he is just not the one that we need starting at that position, but playing absolutely. The Holt thing just a question.

First of all we played well today, but we need Rickey Thenarse. He's obviously over his injuries if hes out there on Special Teams where he forced a huge fumble today!!

I'm not saying he's the savior at safety we may have thought he could be but his energy and athleticism is definitely an upgrade over O'Hanlan.

AZBQLAVWPJOHXWW.20081018205947.JPG

Bump. I can't get the link on Omaha.com to work, but it's titled Thenarse good to go.

I love O'Hanlon's story about working hard and getting a scholarship and all but is this kid the best we have for that position? Week after week I notice that he takes wrong angles, doesn't wrap up and get's flat out burnt when a player get's by him. He really reminds me of a Pat Ricketts. In otherwords, not very consistant and really not that good either. And yes I know Pat played CB and not Safety.

I am curious to see if any others feel the same way I do about O'Hanlon's play.

It was brutally evident the other day against ISU. He has no clue what to do about D-1 college speed. He consistently takes poor angles and watches average running backs blow by him. His effort is there, his will is there, his body and mind aren't getting him there though

Unfortunately, he's just a product of the system. BC recruited to the offensive side of the ball rather than the defensive side of the ball. We probably don't have any better right now. Reminds me of a smalltown NE kid who played the last couple of years and was a walk-on who eventually received a scholly. He wasn't very fast, and he wasn't very big but he played quite a bit because we didn't have anyone else. Anyone remember the Schmadke twins from Albion? Probably not because they never played. However, they were a lot faster than O'Hanlon and never cracked the 2 or 3 deep on the roster.