O'Hanlon = Ricketts?

I love O'Hanlon's story about working hard and getting a scholarship and all but is this kid the best we have for that position? Week after week I notice that he takes wrong angles, doesn't wrap up and get's flat out burnt when a player get's by him. He really reminds me of a Pat Ricketts. In otherwords, not very consistant and really not that good either. And yes I know Pat played CB and not Safety.

I am curious to see if any others feel the same way I do about O'Hanlon's play.

First of all we played well today, but we need Rickey Thenarse. He's obviously over his injuries if hes out there on Special Teams where he forced a huge fumble today!!

I'm not saying he's the savior at safety we may have thought he could be but his energy and athleticism is definitely an upgrade over O'Hanlan.

AZBQLAVWPJOHXWW.20081018205947.JPG

Guys, you know the coaches jobs depends on winning. Do you really believe the better player is setting the bench. We whined all last year about getting this guy in and that guy in and then we saw what happened when they did get in. The coaches know far more about the talent than any fan.

But I do wish we started seeing younger players late in the game. We are going to be very inexperienced next year if this trend continues. No reason to see another QB late in the game. I would have loved to seen Davis get a few snaps, the kid has paid his dues. Other than that nothing else they are doing is bothering me.

I love O'Hanlon's story about working hard and getting a scholarship and all but is this kid the best we have for that position? Week after week I notice that he takes wrong angles, doesn't wrap up and get's flat out burnt when a player get's by him. He really reminds me of a Pat Ricketts. In otherwords, not very consistant and really not that good either. And yes I know Pat played CB and not Safety.

I am curious to see if any others feel the same way I do about O'Hanlon's play.

It was brutally evident the other day against ISU. He has no clue what to do about D-1 college speed. He consistently takes poor angles and watches average running backs blow by him. His effort is there, his will is there, his body and mind aren't getting him there though

I think he plays because he knows the system. I don't think it is because he is the best we have. He does take some poor angles and always gets sucked in on Play Action.

This may just be what I think, but maybe some of the kids we think should play just can't pick up where the are supposed to be. They might be better athletes but for some reason or another they can't figure out their jobs.

I think he plays because he knows the system. I don't think it is because he is the best we have. He does take some poor angles and always gets sucked in on Play Action.

This may just be what I think, but maybe some of the kids we think should play just can't pick up where the are supposed to be. They might be better athletes but for some reason or another they can't figure out their jobs.

I think you are 100% correct! I can't wait for some of our young stud players to step in and take over that spot next year.

I think comparing him to Pat Ricketts is a bad comparison. Pat Ricketts was much more athletic then those giving him his due. He had the hips and was quick enough to play corner. Now P. Ricketts didn't have top end speed, but he was a much faster/better player.

A better comparison maybe to the other walk on safety that started for NU I think in the early 2000s. Crouch's last years. Don't remember his name.

I do know one thing, watching KUs safetys play vs. OU is a different animal. I personally think KU has the best safetys in the league. They also have been coached by one of the best defensive coaching around-Bill Bradly. That guy was the DC for Baylor for a couple of years and Baylor fielded quality defenses and Mangino snapped him up. With the talent Bradly will be playing with at Miami, I can only imagine how good the U's defense will be.

I think comparing him to Pat Ricketts is a bad comparison. Pat Ricketts was much more athletic then those giving him his due. He had the hips and was quick enough to play corner. Now P. Ricketts didn't have top end speed, but he was a much faster/better player.

A better comparison maybe to the other walk on safety that started for NU I think in the early 2000s. Crouch's last years. Don't remember his name.

I do know one thing, watching KUs safetys play vs. OU is a different animal. I personally think KU has the best safetys in the league. They also have been coached by one of the best defensive coaching around-Bill Bradly. That guy was the DC for Baylor for a couple of years and Baylor fielded quality defenses and Mangino snapped him up. With the talent Bradly will be playing with at Miami, I can only imagine how good the U's defense will be.

Well of course he was, he was a CB. I was compairing the players in their respective positions. In ortherwords....Ricketts was horrible as a CB and O'Hanlon is at Safety.

I can't believe people still rag on Ricketts!! The guy had 2 game-winning interceptions to end his career - CU and MSU were both driving in the red zone when he had them. I'd take Ricketts over anyone we have in the secondary this year. Hands down.

and it's apparent that you didn't watch the guy play very many games. However...we are getting way off track here. The topic is really about O'Hanlon and the bad play he has been doing all year.