impact freshmens

shagg

Compton- i think he comes in and has an immediate impact on the linebacking corps. he will have had a year to learn the schemes and from what i hear he is really showing his stuff so far this year in practice. i am very excited about him and fischer (although he has already played).

good times are ahead fellas.

Yeah but he is playing behind Dillard. I don't see him supplanting Dillard next year, and if this year is any indication the back ups aren't coming in a lot at LB. Could just be the coaches building depth, but also could be philosophy about keeping starters in.

Compton- i think he comes in and has an immediate impact on the linebacking corps. he will have had a year to learn the schemes and from what i hear he is really showing his stuff so far this year in practice. i am very excited about him and fischer (although he has already played).

good times are ahead fellas.

Yeah but he is playing behind Dillard. I don't see him supplanting Dillard next year, and if this year is any indication the back ups aren't coming in a lot at LB. Could just be the coaches building depth, but also could be philosophy about keeping starters in.

i think it is more that we dont have that much quality depth that we would like to play this year. i think we are building for next year and after more than anything. everything that i have heard is that compton looks just as good as dillard. i think next year we will see a lot more substituting for the linebackers next year when we have more available depth. if you look at pelinis defenses at other schools and us in 2003 he substituted quite a bit when he had the depth to put into the game.......

I will throw out a True freshmen even though this is for our redshirts. I could see Chris Williams playing an OLB position for us. Both of our starters are seniors this year and the kid just makes plays. To get 5A Defensive Player of the Year you have to know how to make plays. The guy is gifted. Now he just needs to stay with his words.. ( I feel LSU coming)