REALity CHECK

OLDMAN

Don't bag on TheOldMan, as this is to be expected. Now I don't know how old he is, but if he's watched Husker football from the 70s, 80s, 90s to now, that is almost 35 years of the same results. I'm pretty sure we may have the same mindset.

I have an uncle, in his 50s, that has a similar mindset, we don't talk about last year when it comes to Husker football. In fact, we really don't talk about it the last 4 years. He is conditioned to the same mindset somewhat: a 35-7 victory over ISU is a descent/good/expected win, a 50+ win is considered a dominating convincing performance.

I think most of us thought ISU was the worst team in the B12. I also think most of us thought we would beat them. Who is Travis Justice? Is he as knowledgable as Kirk Herbstreet?

Yep, we'll lose to OU. I think we have a shot with KU. CU? Have you watched them play? They're pretty stinky and have a minor QB controversy right now.

Baylor is better than they have been but they are still Baylor.

I'm guessing you started this post and didn't read the rest.

We're a 7-5 team that is getting better every week. Reality OLDMAN.

You love Caps Lock don't you! Manfangled fancy new technology.

Travis Justice says that iOWA sTATE was the WORST looking team in the big 12.

He's seen all the teams play.

We are jumping up and down because we beat them.

Times are bad when you start thinking of teams like ISU and Baylor as toss up games.

We'll probably lose the OKLA game, Kansas, and even the Colorado game.

The Baylor game is a TOSS UP.

Remind me why you are a NU fan? Nothing is ever good enough for you. We won by 28pts, i dont care who it is 28 pts is a beat down and you have to play some decent ball to win by that amount. If it would have been 70-7 would that have satisfied you? Because it easily could have been. We took the air out of the ball in the second half and didnt run the score up. Its not our fault we have to play the worst "looking" team in the Big 12. Take the W and be happy. God it must suck to be you, life is hard enough let alone nit picking some college kids for not scoring 70 pts.

Sounds like the kind of guy who would complain about winning $10M in the lottery because he would have to pay nearly half in taxes....I think we need to make a triple batch of Koolaid

I can honestly hear my grandfather saying the exact same thing. He would have been beserk with what has happened to this program.

Being excited about beating Iowa State, for the past fans is silly. He has seen the games for many years and has grown accustom to the normal outcome. I understand what he is saying. He is disappointed in the past 7-8 years and wonders if it will return to the old days.

There is a lot of love in that post, I know it does not seem like it, but that is from someone who has watched this team since he was a little kid, maybe 40 to 50 years ago. I know a lot of my friends don't even watch the games anymore because they are so disappointed in what we have been putting on display.

They want to see somthing positive before they buy so to speak.

If you only look at wins and losses it is hard to buy into it. But you have to look deeper and that is where some of the old timers have it hard. We do not have the luxury of waiting too long, we want it now. It was the only thing that was regular if you get my drift. Every Saturday a win and good time, just waiting for the Huskers to come on the radio. Washing your car and listening to the game. Years and years I did that.

But I see hope in this program and staff, I stay positive about it. Not with wins so much, but movement back to where we were as a program, back to our roots of being a rockem sockem team. Blue collar 110% every play. We get that back and Oldman will be just like the rest of you. He loves this team as much as any of us do. Him saying those things hurts him more than you can imagine. It is against his core I am sure.

Travis Justice says that iOWA sTATE was the WORST looking team in the big 12.

He's seen all the teams play.

We are jumping up and down because we beat them.

Times are bad when you start thinking of teams like ISU and Baylor as toss up games.

We'll probably lose the OKLA game, Kansas, and even the Colorado game.

The Baylor game is a TOSS UP.

i hope your children pull the plug soon, just so we don't have to listen to you any more.