Ohio Pete

Player: Daytawion Lowe

Hometown: Oklahoma City, OK

Position: S

Height: 5'11.5"

Weight: 182 lbs.

40 time: 4.47

Visit Date: 9/26

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Stanford

Favorites: Oklahoma State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star #15 S

Big Red Report: :star :star :star :star 5.8 #17 S

ESPN: 79 #26 S

Assessing the talent: (ESPN) Lowe has the size, speed and toughness to excel as a college safety. He has a tall, lanky build. He's very aggressive and can provide good run support working from inside-out or outside-in. Avoids would-be blockers, fighting and scratching his way to the ball. Maintains good leverage on the ball against the outside run, flare pass and sprint out. He isn't afraid to deliver a blow, but sometimes drops his head and ankle tackles. Needs to take the extra step to become a more physical and reliable tackler. Plays well in the open field and has good instincts. Shows good timing when breaking on passes for interceptions and breakups. Fights receivers for jump balls and has shown playmaking ability after the pick. Could play deep-half coverage because of his instincts and football skills. Has excellent field awareness and rarely is out of position. He frequently is the first man downfield when covering kickoffs. Uses the sideline and shows intelligence on special teams. Lowe is a versatile athlete and a fiesty competitor--a player any coach would want on his team. He'll need to put in more time in the weight room, but that makes him no different than many excellent prospects coming out of high school.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Oklahoma State is listed as leader.

I was thinking we didn't have one for Lowe yet. The question I had for him was if he was pretty solid on Oklahoma State or do we have a shot?

He seemed to really enjoy his visit here a couple of weeks ago....and with the HI teasers saying he is close to a decision, maybe we do have a legitimate shot.

I'd love to see this kid in the scarlet and cream, but one would be crazy to expect anything more than Daytawion in Pokie gear on Thursday. Honestly, it is a better situation right now. It's his home state school, a favorite from the get go, they have an A-Rod sized contract funland being built as we speak, they will be a factor in the Big XII for a while with all their studs pretty much sophomores, and they will have a chance for quicker playing time with the JUCO heavy roster especially in the secondary. Like I said, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but me thinks it ain't happening.

I'd love to see this kid in the scarlet and cream, but one would be crazy to expect anything more than Daytawion in Pokie gear on Thursday. Honestly, it is a better situation right now. It's his home state school, a favorite from the get go, they have an A-Rod sized contract funland being built as we speak, they will be a factor in the Big XII for a while with all their studs pretty much sophomores, and they will have a chance for quicker playing time with the JUCO heavy roster especially in the secondary. Like I said, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but me thinks it ain't happening.

all of the money pickens gave is supposedly gone. from what I have heard the building at OSU has been suspended

Announced during the Texas game in an interview that he is putting up 63 mil into the project and will make up differences with the project costs and the temporary loss of funds with further gifts and funds and all his filthy rich ass money. The funland will be built, this guy wants to see at least a conference championship before he croaks. Of course than hwo knows how much the Pokies would get.