Joe Ganz

:bs:

You can't make blanket statements like 'Joe Ganz has 0% chance of playing in the NFL' or 'No, absolutely not'. True enough collegiate success doesn't necessarily translate to the next level, but give me something concrete, something tangible as to why Joe is completely non NFL material....ya can't! we won't know untill we know. As it stands now there's nothing obvious that precludes Ganz from getting a shot. Brad Johnson is making his second start for the cowgirls this week for chrissakes. Wouldn't it be great if we had a big time NFL qb like Brad starting for us tomorrow? Not.

If Ganz plays 17 years in the NFL passes for over 28,000 yards and wins a Super Bowl like Brad Johnson come talk to me.

Here then compare Ganz to these former outstanding college QB's that never sniffed the NFL aside from maybe a year or two:

Zac Taylor (Big 12 Player of the Year)

Jason White (Heisman Winner)

Major Applewhite (All Big 12)

Josh Heupel (2nd in Heisman All Big 12)

BJ Symons (5000 freaking yards and 52 TD)

Cody Hodges (Senior year stats were just as good if not better then Ganz)

Charlie Ward (I know he played BB but he wasn't even drafted. 2 sport athletes were drafted before and after him so don't use that one) :ahhhhhhhh

Sure Ganz my get an invite but what concrete tangible evidence do you have that says he will stick? Give me some of that before you start to discredit the people that don’t think he will make it. :dunno

Just because like Ganz doesn't mean any NFL team is going to give him a chance. It doesn't no matter how bad we want them to. For the record Ganz is probably not even in the Top 15-20 QB prospects that will be coming out this year.

Since you asked:

Makes some questionable decisions especially under pressure

Locks in a single receiver a lot of the time

Holds onto the ball to long

Questionable mobility

Questionable Arm Strength

Hasn’t proven he can make a lot of “NFL” throws

Has defeated NOBODY

Lack of experience

Tape Measure stats

Forces issue on some throws

Better on roll outs then inside pocket (how many NFL teams roll out that much?)

The good:

Natural leader

Smart

Knows offense inside and out

Makes checks at line

Gamer

i agree with most of that, except the bolded ones... i think his mobility is a lot better than that of most pro qbs... the hasn't defeated anyone, but he's put up lots of points on people, can't fault ganz for a sh**ty defense. and i agree with the last part, but i think he's better inside the pocket than a lot of other college QB's.... i think he'll get an opportunity at an early camp somewhere, but other than that, seems like much more coach material than player imo.

Chase Daniel is a system QB. He's great in that system, but don't confuse him with an NFL quarterback. You have to throw from under center in the pros, not from 8 yards back from the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have a high release and will not be able to throw well over a D-line. There's no 'spread' in the big leagues.

I know some shorter guys have had success, but guys like Doug Flutie and Joe Theisman did not flourish in today's NFL, where there is an overrated premium on prototype-sized players.

Chase Daniel may get drafted due to his collegiate success, but he will not be a serviceable NFL quarterback. I'd bet the farm on it. Same for my favorite college QB, Joe "Pony Boy" Ganz.

....seriously, watch Joe. He runs like a pony.

:tv

Chase Daniel is a system QB. He's great in that system, but don't confuse him with an NFL quarterback. You have to throw from under center in the pros, not from 8 yards back from the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have a high release and will not be able to throw well over a D-line. There's no 'spread' in the big leagues.

I know some shorter guys have had success, but guys like Doug Flutie and Joe Theisman did not flourish in today's NFL, where there is an overrated premium on prototype-sized players.

Chase Daniel may get drafted due to his collegiate success, but he will not be a serviceable NFL quarterback. I'd bet the farm on it. Same for my favorite college QB, Joe "Pony Boy" Ganz.

....seriously, watch Joe. He runs like a pony.

:tv

he does have quite the gallup :clap

:bs:

You can't make blanket statements like 'Joe Ganz has 0% chance of playing in the NFL' or 'No, absolutely not'. True enough collegiate success doesn't necessarily translate to the next level, but give me something concrete, something tangible as to why Joe is completely non NFL material....ya can't! we won't know untill we know. As it stands now there's nothing obvious that precludes Ganz from getting a shot. Brad Johnson is making his second start for the cowgirls this week for chrissakes. Wouldn't it be great if we had a big time NFL qb like Brad starting for us tomorrow? Not.

What does a 40 year old QB have to do with a 22 year old college player?

Brad is historically one of the best and most efficient QBs in NFL history. Guy has a noodle for an arm now thanks to the fact he is just old.

13th nationally in qb efficiency is a little more than average. It is in fact bester than average.

Im with just about everybody else. Ganz MIGHT get a shot at a couple camps but he won't make it in the NFL. He doesn't have the arm to make a lot of NFL throws. Taylor had a more accurate and stronger arm, and he didnt cut it. Id like to see him jump on a staff as a coach though.