Joe Ganz

Even though Ganz does not have a lot of starting experience he has shown that he can be very productive and that he can handle being a leader on the field. However he does not have the arm strength to be an NFL quarterback. You have to make certain throws in the NFL because of the great athletes on defense. I think Ganz is a great college quarterback and I hope he gets his shot but I doubt he will be playing on Sundays.

He won't start.

He might not get drafted.

But Ganz will get picked up by an NFL team and earn a bit of pocket money.

He's currently the 13th highest ranked passer in the NCAA and unlike some who create gaudy or misleading numbers, he's earned the ranking.

I'm not sure what games you guys are watching, but Ganz's arm is strong and his release is quick in precisely the way they need to be, including such favorites as Rolling Right and Thowing Left, and Bullet Across the Middle.

Accuracy? Guess I remember a simpler time in which 70 PERCENT COMPLETION was considered pretty damn good. Oh wait, that time is now.

Did he blow a screen pass? Guess I missed that one. But in the more demanding and valuable Timing Pattern in the End Zone department, he shows an excellent touch. You know who could really complete a screen pass? Jamaal Lord. Want him back?

Some pundits have made too much of "Happy Feet" to diminish quarterbacks who refuse to hang in the pocket and get coldcocked by defensive ends. Ganz does great when given the time (surprise!) but he also uses his feet extremely well to buy time in a collapsing pocket, which is handy when your pocket collapses a lot.

Ganz is allowed to call audibles as he sees fit. He sees fit just often enough, and is frequently correct in his call. This is what smart quarterbacks do.

You can point to any untimely interception you'd like (Brett Favre has dozens) but when Nebraska needs to go the length of the field in a short period of time, Joe Ganz takes the huddle like a guy who can do it, and there's not a defensive coordinator around who is going to take him lightly.

Joe Ganz does what good quarterbacks do. He's overshadowed in a conference with several quarterbacks playing out of their minds, but that doesn't mean he's gone unnoticed.

Bookmark this one and call me crazy 365 days from now. Joe Ganz gets his shot.

And we sure as hell should appreciate the best quarterback we've had in years while we've still got him.

He won't start.

He might not get drafted.

But Ganz will get picked up by an NFL team and earn a bit of pocket money.

He's currently the 13th highest ranked passer in the NCAA and unlike some who create gaudy or misleading numbers, he's earned the ranking.

I'm not sure what games you guys are watching, but Ganz's arm is strong and his release is quick in precisely the way they need to be, including such favorites as Rolling Right and Thowing Left, and Bullet Across the Middle.

Accuracy? Guess I remember a simpler time in which 70 PERCENT COMPLETION was considered pretty damn good. Oh wait, that time is now.

Did he blow a screen pass? Guess I missed that one. But in the more demanding and valuable Timing Pattern in the End Zone department, he shows an excellent touch. You know who could really complete a screen pass? Jamaal Lord. Want him back?

Some pundits have made too much of "Happy Feet" to diminish quarterbacks who refuse to hang in the pocket and get coldcocked by defensive ends. Ganz does great when given the time (surprise!) but he also uses his feet extremely well to buy time in a collapsing pocket, which is handy when your pocket collapses a lot.

Ganz is allowed to call audibles as he sees fit. He sees fit just often enough, and is frequently correct in his call. This is what smart quarterbacks do.

You can point to any untimely interception you'd like (Brett Favre has dozens) but when Nebraska needs to go the length of the field in a short period of time, Joe Ganz takes the huddle like a guy who can do it, and there's not a defensive coordinator around who is going to take him lightly.

Joe Ganz does what good quarterbacks do. He's overshadowed in a conference with several quarterbacks playing out of their minds, but that doesn't mean he's gone unnoticed.

Bookmark this one and call me crazy 365 days from now. Joe Ganz gets his shot.

And we sure as hell should appreciate the best quarterback we've had in years while we've still got him.

Zac Taylor was ranked 3RD in the country in pass efficiency, and where did he end up? Ganz does have the quick release, and the smarts, and good accuracy, but he just does not have arm strength. Maybe you think throwing a ball "fast" on an out route qualifies as arm strength, but it doesn't, not in the NFL. Ganz might get his shot, like you say, but there is no way he will ever sniff anything other than maybe a practice roster, and that is a HUGE maybe.

Joe is not that good of a QB. He cannot throw a proper screen pass (no Touch just guns it). Does not have the Arm Strength, and is not very accurate.

Where Joe does well is that he is a scholar of the game. However so was Taylor. Taylor got his shot at the NFL...as a free agent, and Taylor was way better. Probably just as smart as Joe in football as well.

Chase Daniel would have a better chance, and I don't think he will even be drafted. They're both too short.

You don't think chase daniel will be drafted? I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one stud.

agree, he will definitely be drafted...

maybe you're right. But numerous scouts have been to Columbia and few think he can overcome his height, although there was some AFC scout there today who said his quick release might even out his vertically challenged status. He's closer to 5'10 than the reported 6'0"

Elevator cleats?

Know who had a strong arm?

Ryan Leaf.

Know who had a weak arm?

Joe Montana.

Listen, I know I don't have as many posts in here as some of you, but I think you'll agree that all my posts are correct. I'm uncanny that way. It's both a gift and a curse.

I'll chalk up any disagreement to jealousy. As a well-hung self-made billionaire, I'm used to it.

One thing Joe has going for him is his persrverance. He might catch on as a scout team QB. And if the stars aligned right it could happen I guess. He has the right attitude, and he honestly has not had time to really display his skills or been coached properly for most of his time here. I hope he makes, but I have little doubt that he will make it in life. I wish him nothing but luck.

I think that Joe Ganz will be the scout team QB for the New York Jets and will send the plays in during games. One thing callahan is, is loyal to people he likes and Joe KNOWS callahans offense.

I am a jet fan and unfortunately mangini hired cally to my horror and with the results he has been getting from the highly touted O-line that is severly underachieving should be his doom. So joe's only shot will probably not be around next year. Callahan is just a pimple that will not disappear.