Another bowl projection

I may piss some off here, but I'm still of the mindset that you need a winning record to get to a bowl game. 6-6 record = no bowl game. They should stick with an 11 or 13 games played schedule to alleviate this.

But we've all witnessed what has happened to college football over the last decade with 600 bowl games, conference championship games, games now played on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, it's now a ginormous money making machine for the networks and universities.

I may piss some off here, but I'm still of the mindset that you need a winning record to get to a bowl game. 6-6 record = no bowl game. They should stick with an 11 or 13 games played schedule to alleviate this.

But we've all witnessed what has happened to college football over the last decade with 600 bowl games, conference championship games, games now played on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, it's now a ginormous money making machine for the networks and universities.

You are correct. Its a sport but its $$$$$

I'd rather not go to a bowl than go to the Independence Bowl.

I have to go ahead and call B.S. on that. I would rather go to a bowl period, than have another long off-season. I say we are going to the insight.com bowl or the Alamo Bowl if things go really well.

Perhaps I should use the :sarcasm smiley next time . . . obviously I was kidding. It's just that the Independence Bowl is like the KMart of bowl games.

I have to go ahead and call B.S. on that. I would rather go to a bowl period, than have another long off-season. I say we are going to the insight.com bowl or the Alamo Bowl if things go really well.

Perhaps I should use the :sarcasm smiley next time . . . obviously I was kidding. It's just that the Independence Bowl is like the KMart of bowl games.

i can see it now.......

announcer: " the Nebraska Buckeyes are about to kickoff"

post-1564-1225131717.jpg

It's just that the Independence Bowl is like the KMart of bowl games.

I'm not gonna disagree with you there. :thumbs

But, like that old saying, beggers can't be choosers.

As a guy who has followed NU to many bowl games, at this point, I really don't give a crap where they go as long as it isn't Lincoln. (and maybe Boise).....

Besides my "used" to be normal trip, the practice between the regular and bowl season can not be replaced. For that reason only, I would even take Boise (maybe)

As for ULL, maybe they project the SEC can't fill all of their slots. Especially if they put 2 in the BCS, they can't send teams with losing records to bowls..

I could see the Sun Bowl for KU, and I do not want to go to freaking El Paso. Any place less attractive that Lubbock is not on my vacation spot list. I see why they got a bowl, it is the ONLY way other than a road game we are playing with UTEP that I would ever even consider going to El Paso :( .

Gotcha now.........................."Blue light special in aisle 7!" :thumbs