did anybody see pelini doing a bill cowher on the sideline?

shagg

I thought it was embarrassing. I love what Bo is doing for the program, but he is rediculous with the f-bombs on national TV. Last game against Baylor he pulled Wortman off the field and not only could you see him mouth the words F-ing moron, you could HEAR him. Nice. Get a filter Bo, when the word is overused that much it loses it's impact. The way he treated the media was inappropriate too. They aren't his players, they are professtionals doing their job, just as he is. He'll be on You Tube next and it won't be funny.

Those kids are not a bunch of pansies out there.. Chances are most of them have heard alot worse from there father when playing high school football...

They aren't pansies, but they may be very religious and take offense at that kind of language. Knowing what a devout Christian is Helu, I always wonder how he feels about Bo and his prolific use of profanity. He probably just brushes it off, but the point is that recruits like him, who may take that seriously, might be turned off if Bo develops a reputation for this.

EVERYONE INVOLVED with the hiring of Bo knew how animated he can be and how intense he is. They must have wanted that type of coach. I know I do. The DR.Toms of the world only come around once in a great time.

I want a coach that will voice his opinion and use what ever it takes to get his point across in the heat of the game. He is here to win football games not arrange flowers for delivery.

I thought it was embarrassing. I love what Bo is doing for the program, but he is rediculous with the f-bombs on national TV. Last game against Baylor he pulled Wortman off the field and not only could you see him mouth the words F-ing moron, you could HEAR him. Nice. Get a filter Bo, when the word is overused that much it loses it's impact. The way he treated the media was inappropriate too. They aren't his players, they are professtionals doing their job, just as he is. He'll be on You Tube next and it won't be funny.

Those kids are not a bunch of pansies out there.. Chances are most of them have heard alot worse from there father when playing high school football...

They aren't pansies, but they may be very religious and take offense at that kind of language. Knowing what a devout Christian is Helu, I always wonder how he feels about Bo and his prolific use of profanity. He probably just brushes it off, but the point is that recruits like him, who may take that seriously, might be turned off if Bo develops a reputation for this.

You know....Jesus dropped the F-Bomb a lot.....and people loved him!

Two words for all of you wamby pambies worried about hurting kids feelings and how his cursing will keep kids from coming here..........Bobby Knight. A 34 pt beat down will discourage kids more than a few F-bombs. As stated by a certain coach "Its division one football, its the big 12!"

You know....Jesus dropped the F-Bomb a lot.....and people loved him!

Haha....and by F-Bomb I assume you mean Faith???

I doubt Osborne is impressed either. Not sure TO cares about what the networks want. As Athletic Director I gotta believe he's still trying to "sell a program" to potential donors and recruits. If I'm a parent and I see that lack of self control... I wouldn't be so sure NU is the best place for my child.

Unless he curses at you in your living room on a recruiting trip, the cursing should not be an issue...... I think that playing for Pelini would be a great opportunity for any kid looking to play football.

I totally agree. He is coaching and doing it the only way he knows how.

We knew coming in that he shows much emotion. Do not make him go away from his natural instincts and let the guy coach the team.

We got destroyed by ou. In his post game once again was a man and took all responsibility.

He is the right guy if uptight people can let him coach.

I doubt Osborne is impressed either. Not sure TO cares about what the networks want. As Athletic Director I gotta believe he's still trying to "sell a program" to potential donors and recruits. If I'm a parent and I see that lack of self control... I wouldn't be so sure NU is the best place for my child.

Unless he curses at you in your living room on a recruiting trip, the cursing should not be an issue...... I think that playing for Pelini would be a great opportunity for any kid looking to play football.

I totally agree. He is coaching and doing it the only way he knows how.

We knew coming in that he shows much emotion. Do not make him go away from his natural instincts and let the guy coach the team.

We got destroyed by ou. In his post game once again was a man and took all responsibility.

He is the right guy if uptight people can let him coach.

I completely agree. I'm not all that worried about the team or where we are headed. You never saw Callahan get that worked up. I love how Pelini is so psyched that he can't sit still. He gets jacked up, and chews that damn bubble gum so fast...the guy needs something to balance him out lol. Anyway, I'm excited for the fact that he's got an aggressive personality. I just hope we take the damn quick pass out of the playbook. We telegraphed that and how many times did we do that last week? Of course OU is going to catch on. Watson, pull your head out. Not trying to rant, I've become a very strong and positive Husker fan. This game just showed us that we are lightyears behind OU...and OU is friggin addicted to the endzone! We will get there, just not today or tomorrow.

I would rather have fire and passion on the sidelines than a lump on the log like Callahan was. Sure he drops the F-bomb, but really who cares? If anyone has had a good football coach in their lives they know that coach gets in your face and makes you feel like your father is yelling at you. I had coaches like that through middle school and high school and I have alot of respect for those guys. It's football if you get offended by it I'm sure there is a tennis match on TV somewhere. :dunno

My favorite/best coaches were the ones who got in your face for screwing up and were the first to congratulate you when you did things right. I think Bo is the same way. If you screw up, you better be ready to get an ear full. The players' "job" is to do the right thing....play in the right positions, knowing where they need to be, playing smart, etc... If they are not doing their job, then it needs to be known.

you must be young and not remember who the bob father was, yeah, he swore a lot...and drank a lot.