Our chances versus KU

Nothing makes me laugh more than when MU fans start running their mouth about KU when it's not even KU VS MU week. That just shows that MU is constantly trying to better KU. The funny thing is, MU will accomplish nothing this year and lose Chase Daniel is gone after this year. So much for making it to a BCS game!!! LOL. Greatest team MU has ever fielded!?! LOL. Tell that to Texas, OSU, and a Baylor team you beat by 3. MU fans...what a bunch of jokers! You'll lose to KU at Arrowhead this year and shortly after thaat Washington will hire Stinky Pinky Pinkel and all this nonsense will be over and your fan base can go back to your double wides and gather around your beer canned christmas trees and get ready for Girls Softball.

OK, now to the real subject at hand KU VS NU- My Hawks haven't won in Lincoln since 1968. With that said, this HAS to be KU's bes chance of a win. However, I'm not ready to declare that KU will probably win. Fans on this board need to forget about last weeks games. OU blasted NU in Norman and KU destroyed KSU. BIG DEAL!! KU and NU are very close from a talent and personel standpoint. Two experienced offenses, and mediocre defenses. This will be a close game that can go either way. I see this coming down to turnovers. Nebraska will come out with a chip on their shoulder ready to put last week behind them. KU will come out firing on all cylinders...something they haven't really done this year. It will be a high scoring game in the 30's or 40's. I'm not ready to make my prediction yet. I'll do that closer to kick off.

One more thing: My wife and I welcomed our new baby daughter Avery into our lives last week. She is only a week old and has me wrapped around her finger already! It's been hard staying focused on anything since she got here. I think her birth was the good luck charm KU needed against KSU this weekend. I'm convinced that was the difference!

Rock Chalk!

You do realize Mizzou still has a pretty good shot of making it to a BCS gamed don't you? Yeah, they'll have to win the Big 12 Championship game. However in light of what's transpired, this is very likely. Who would have thought a team that NU nearly beat in Lubbock would now be in control of the Big 12. I'd lay some pretty good odds TT will not go undefeated. Mizzou could very well win the Big 12 and end up in a BCS bowl.

Uhhhh NO! Actually they have darn near NO chance of making it to a BCS title game, considering the fact that they'll have to win the Big 12 title game to get there. How will MU do that when they won't even be playing in that game????? :) Even if they do represent the north,which IMO they won't, they would likely have to beat either OU or Texas!! Get this through your head-Everyone- NOBODY FROM THE NORTH WILL WIN THE BIG !@ TITLE THIS YEAR!! SORRY-NOT HAPPENING. Not even my beloved Hawks! There are 4 teams in the South that are better than MU. Not happening! It isn't even a discussion. Tech will lose to OSU and OU, and OU will represent the South. MU would get stomped by OU. Just like last year.

<_<

In 2003, no one gave KState even a remote chance of beating the then greatest football team ever OU Sooners. It happened. There could easily be a 3-way tie for the South this year. I think Mizzou would stack up rather well to TT if they win the tiebreaker. IMO, the Big 12 Championship game will either be rather close or a complete blowout. However, Mizzou does have a chance. Btw, who do you think plays for the North if it isn't Mizzou? KU still has to play Texas don't they? There was a time I thought KU could beat Mizzou, but after watching them get dismantled by TT I don't think so.

I think this is one of those very evenly matched games. I think KU's strengths play to our weaknesses and vice versa. So, instead of predicting the game, I'll put the Huskers keys to the game (in order of importance)....

1. Can Bo keep these kids' heads up? He did it once after MU, can he do it again after OU?

2. Unforced Errors. Turnovers, plan and simple. -3 vs OU; -1 vs BU; -1 vs ISU; -1 vs TT (but in OT); -2 vs MU, etc etc. We are not a stellar defense, we have to limit their opportunities. Also, stupid penalties fit into this category.

3. The "shell" game. I don't know if it is our offense (players) or Watson, but once a game (minus TT), we seem to go into an offensive shell. I feel we are a little too predictable during these times, but I am no where near as knowledgeable as our staff. If we go into a shell against KU, they could score 14 to 21 un-answered points in a hurry.

4. Blow coverage assignments. Ok, I guess I can't call this a key because at this point in the season, I've just accepted that this will happen multiple times in the game. Hopefully, we can minimize their impact.

I lied - My prediction, NU: 41, KU 38

If you look at common teams we've played, well it really doesn't tell you anything. While OU did beat KU pretty bad, KU hung with them for quite a while. On the other hand, TT gave KU a complete beatdown in Lawrence while NU took TT to overtime in Lubbock. It will come down to which NU team shows up and which KU team shows up. Both are playing very inconsistent if you ask me. It could be a close game, or it could be a blowout by one or the other.

There comes a point where you can't explain everything away by the other team being more talented.

Less talented teams upset more talented teams every Saturday of the season. We're currently 0 for 4. We gotta take one of these.

Like it or not, this is a referendum on the coaching. They have to have the team mentally ready (including, ahem, the kick-off squad) and they need to come out with a defensive scheme that uses....you know.....A STRATEGY. Even if it's new, even if it's a bit risky. Ears peeled back. Balls to the wall. If the starters aren't doing the job, throw next season's starters into the fire. Rebuilding isn't always about being patient, it's about setting the standard.

The home fans will accept a loss if there's at least a blaze of glory.

And there's no reason at all the Huskers can't win.

Though I wouldn't be the house on it.

If you look at common teams we've played, well it really doesn't tell you anything. While OU did beat KU pretty bad, KU hung with them for quite a while. On the other hand, TT gave KU a complete beatdown in Lawrence while NU took TT to overtime in Lubbock. It will come down to which NU team shows up and which KU team shows up. Both are playing very inconsistent if you ask me. It could be a close game, or it could be a blowout by one or the other.

Winner-winner, chicken dinner.

Umm, that chicken would of the red and blue variety...

Nothing makes me laugh more than when MU fans start running their mouth about KU when it's not even KU VS MU week. That just shows that MU is constantly trying to better KU. The funny thing is, MU will accomplish nothing this year and lose Chase Daniel is gone after this year. So much for making it to a BCS game!!! LOL. Greatest team MU has ever fielded!?! LOL. Tell that to Texas, OSU, and a Baylor team you beat by 3. MU fans...what a bunch of jokers! You'll lose to KU at Arrowhead this year and shortly after thaat Washington will hire Stinky Pinky Pinkel and all this nonsense will be over and your fan base can go back to your double wides and gather around your beer canned christmas trees and get ready for Girls Softball.

OK, now to the real subject at hand KU VS NU- My Hawks haven't won in Lincoln since 1968. With that said, this HAS to be KU's bes chance of a win. However, I'm not ready to declare that KU will probably win. Fans on this board need to forget about last weeks games. OU blasted NU in Norman and KU destroyed KSU. BIG DEAL!! KU and NU are very close from a talent and personel standpoint. Two experienced offenses, and mediocre defenses. This will be a close game that can go either way. I see this coming down to turnovers. Nebraska will come out with a chip on their shoulder ready to put last week behind them. KU will come out firing on all cylinders...something they haven't really done this year. It will be a high scoring game in the 30's or 40's. I'm not ready to make my prediction yet. I'll do that closer to kick off.

One more thing: My wife and I welcomed our new baby daughter Avery into our lives last week. She is only a week old and has me wrapped around her finger already! It's been hard staying focused on anything since she got here. I think her birth was the good luck charm KU needed against KSU this weekend. I'm convinced that was the difference!

Rock Chalk!

You do realize Mizzou still has a pretty good shot of making it to a BCS gamed don't you? Yeah, they'll have to win the Big 12 Championship game. However in light of what's transpired, this is very likely. Who would have thought a team that NU nearly beat in Lubbock would now be in control of the Big 12. I'd lay some pretty good odds TT will not go undefeated. Mizzou could very well win the Big 12 and end up in a BCS bowl.

Uhhhh NO! Actually they have darn near NO chance of making it to a BCS title game, considering the fact that they'll have to win the Big 12 title game to get there. How will MU do that when they won't even be playing in that game????? :) Even if they do represent the north,which IMO they won't, they would likely have to beat either OU or Texas!! Get this through your head-Everyone- NOBODY FROM THE NORTH WILL WIN THE BIG !@ TITLE THIS YEAR!! SORRY-NOT HAPPENING. Not even my beloved Hawks! There are 4 teams in the South that are better than MU. Not happening! It isn't even a discussion. Tech will lose to OSU and OU, and OU will represent the South. MU would get stomped by OU. Just like last year.

<_<

In 2003, no one gave KState even a remote chance of beating the then greatest football team ever OU Sooners. It happened. There could easily be a 3-way tie for the South this year. I think Mizzou would stack up rather well to TT if they win the tiebreaker. IMO, the Big 12 Championship game will either be rather close or a complete blowout. However, Mizzou does have a chance. Btw, who do you think plays for the North if it isn't Mizzou? KU still has to play Texas don't they? There was a time I thought KU could beat Mizzou, but after watching them get dismantled by TT I don't think so.

2003 seasons are few and far between. However, I'll give you that. Everyone wrote KSU off and OU thought they could walk into Arrowhead and get the victory. KSU shocked the nation that night. I don't disagree that any given Saturday is why we love CFB so much. I also agree that MU stacks up much better against TT and OSU. But they just don't against OU and Texas.

What I don't get is why (local and naional) columnist are already annointing MU the champion of the North. They are still far from it. If KU beats Nebraska, but losses to Texas, they can still win the North. That would give KU 3 Big 12 losses and if they beat MU then KU would be tied in the division and own the head to head. KU would then represent the North. If you look on paper, KU and MU stack up very similar. On a neutral field it would be a pick em game.

But...non of that matters if KU can't beat Nebraska in Lincoln this weekend. I'll give my prediction/analysis on Friday. :cheers

<_<

Actually, theres no way that can happen if everything happens the way you say it will. If Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma State & Oklahoma that would give Texas Tech 2 losses. So if that happens, unless you're predicting Texas losing to Baylor, Kansas or Texas A&M, Texas will go over either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State b/c they beat them both head to head.

How can it not matter? It's really the ONLY thing that does matter until the next time they lace 'em up.

And let's not pretend that you wouldn't be pointing to the scoreboard had things turned out in your favor. I look forward to another year of bragging rights...

I have not pointed it out for Nebraska. Last years team that gave up 76 points has evolved. Great for us to win last year, but ain't gonna matter much come Saturday. All it did was let our team know that we can beat the Huskers, but we knew that. They have beaten us, so they probably think the same way. Both teams are coming in thinking they can win, and both are right. I pick the Hawks 35-27. That said, it could go either way, and could vary quite a bit based on how things play out. I am not asure who the cold and wind will favor, I guess we will see. We were awful in it against Mizzou for a 2.5 quarters last year and it was alot like like it will be this weekend in Lincoln, but maybe the weather was not a contributing factor then, hard to say. I put our chances at winning at about 55% to 60%, so I would not categorize myself as utterly confident in victor. I look forward to my visit and good luck Huskers, just not too much :)

<_<

Actually, theres no way that can happen if everything happens the way you say it will. If Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma State & Oklahoma that would give Texas Tech 2 losses. So if that happens, unless you're predicting Texas losing to Baylor, Kansas or Texas A&M, Texas will go over either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State b/c they beat them both head to head.

True, OU needs tech to beat OSU (and then to beat tech) to get a 3 way tie where each is 1-1. I am not sure of all the other tiebreakers, but if OU and UT both have 1 loss, UT won the head to head. ALso, that assumes OU and UT win out, which they could , but they may not.

<_<

True, OU needs tech to beat OSU (and then to beat tech) to get a 3 way tie where each is 1-1. I am not sure of all the other tiebreakers, but if OU and UT both have 1 loss, UT won the head to head. ALso, that assumes OU and UT win out, which they could , but they may not.

Oops. I did goof that one up. If Tech losses to OU and beats OSU, then OU will go to the Big 12 title game if they win out because in the end they will be ranked ahead of Texas. I know that makes no since, especially since Texas beat OU head to head, however, in the case of 3 way ties, the South or North representative is decided by the team that has the highest BCS rank will go to the Big 12 title game. With OU's remaining games against OSU that last weekend will be enough to jump Texas in the final rankings. Texas has games against 3 unranked opponents from here out.....unless my hawks somehow become ranked before the 15th.

I know that it's unfair to have OU ranked ahead of Texas at the end, but just watch, it will happen because the voters go off of a "what have you done for me lately mind set". And the OU win over OSU will be enough to receive the higher ranking.

I'm sorry husker fans, but I hate to say it, playing in Lincoln isn't what it once was. You can feel it with the fans. It's kind of like playing in College Station.

NU still plays to sloppily on offense that has this many veterans on the team. It's perplexing and a reason for concern (They play like they have a huge weight on their backs to perform is some of it). Joe tries to do to much some times and I think he's watching the other QBs in the league and trying to keep up.

NU will have to play balls to the wall as good as a performance they had on offense vs. TT and as good as a performance on D vs. ISU. No small task. KU is coached very well. It's really simple actually, NU loses the turnover battle and they lose this game. NU has been turnover prone all season........IDK??

Bullsht! You're saying that the jawks are on the same level as TT? Post again when you wake up. Tech is 9-0 overall and on top of the big 12, kansass...........not so much.

say didnt KU and Tech play each other...... how did that game go. it was at kansas